It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why i love Jesus. Why Jesus is love.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

2/3s. 6 billion ppl.

and can you be so sure you won't be one?.... it sure seems like you like to dwell on the hell bit a little much...

didn't jesus say.. many will call out lord lord..but I will not know them..

I really don't like christians who are so sure they are "saved' ..and seem happy to see 2/3 of the population end up damned forever..

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I like the story, whether.true or not is irrelevant, to me, about the lady who was suffering from prolonged hemorrhaging, and seeing Jesus just beyond her grasp, reached out to try to merely touch his cloak as he passed by among the press of the crowds, thinking to herself that if she could just but merely touch him she would surely be healed. Feeling his "power" (the actual translation employs the word "virtue" not power) go out from him, he turned and asked "who touched me"? in response to which the now healed woman came forward and "owned up to it".. : )

What makes this story meaningful, to me, is that many if not most (if not all) of us are hemorrhaging, in some way or another, bleeding all over the place in some instances.. and

Because the true meaning, or at least one meaning, of the word virtue, is power, restrained.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

2/3s. 6 billion ppl.

and can you be so sure you won't be one?.... it sure seems like you like to dwell on the hell bit a little much...

I very much could be one of them, doesn't bother me, I know my eternal destination. Jesus made that possible. You can't scare a Christian with going to meet Jesus.

didn't jesus say.. many will call out lord lord..but I will not know them.

His actual words: "I never knew you." That person was never in a covenant relationship with Him, He never knew them." It's also said that on that day every tongue will confess Jesus is Lord, so everyone on judgment day will be saying "Lord, Lord..".

I really don't like christians who are so sure they are "saved' ..and seem happy to see 2/3 of the population end up damned forever..

I believe so stringently because the Word of God says I am saved, that's what faith means, we trust what God has declared. It's placing our trust in what Jesus said and did, and who He really is. The Lord. When He resurrected He gave two friends a lesson on the Torah and the prophets and showed them how everything pointed to Him. Everything is a picture of Christ. He is the Lord. YAHshua. "YHWH saves"

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gabby2011

2/3s. 6 billion ppl.

You don't like them, that's cute. I.notice that you didn't say "I hate them"..

We must remember, that there are many forms and sources of misunderstanding, ignorance and incivility in the world, and we certainly cannot rule out strongly held doctrinal religious conviction, from among them, that's for sure.

The Jesus I know would have much to say about this and I fear he would be none too pleased, with at least 80%, of his own "flock". For all we know, he might consider the Pope himself to be Emperor Palpatine, without a disguise.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I like you..you're a kind christian..(smiles)

I also like the story of faith, about the woman and jesus's cloak.. ..and I saw wisdom in your explanation of it.

edit on 17-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

That person was never in a covenant relationship with Him, He never knew them.
What is the nature of this covenant and what makes you think you have such a relationship.
I see no evidence of it.
The New Covenant is about being led by the Holy Spirit into being righteous.
What is righteous about condemning people and holding yourself above them?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

That person was never in a covenant relationship with Him, He never knew them.
What is the nature of this covenant and what makes you think you have such a relationship.

The covenant Christ instituted at the last supper, our covenant of redemption through His shed blood and resurrection.

"because, if you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved." Romans 10:9

"Now I would remind you, brothers, of the gospel I preached to you, which you received, in which you stand, and by which you are being saved, if you hold fast to the word I preached to you— unless you believed in vain.
For I delivered to you as of first importance what I also received:that Christ died for our sins in accordance with the Scriptures, that he was buried, that he was raised on the third day in accordance with the Scriptures, and that he appeared to Cephas, then to the twelve. Then he appeared to more than five hundred brothers at one time, most of whom are still alive, though some have fallen asleep. Then he appeared to James, then to all the apostles. Last of all, as to one untimely born, he appeared also to me.
" 1 Corinthians 15:1-8

I see no evidence of it.

Good thing your name is not the Lord Jesus Christ, it only matters what He knows. Everyone the Father has given to the Son will come to Him. No man can come to Christ for redemption unless that man first is drawn by God. Anyone who calls upon His name, Yahshua will be saved. He will in no wise cast out anyone who calls upon His glorious name. Christ is our Savior, He is our Boaz.

"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law." Galatians 5:22-23

The New Covenant is about being led by the Holy Spirit into being righteous.

Sure, that's called "sanctification", it's a great process of growing in our grace and knowledge of our Lord Jesus Christ, but it's not the entire covenant. By our faith in Christ and what He did for us we are saved. Christ's death "appeased" God's wrath and judgment of sin. And not just "our" sins, but the sins of the entire world. Sure, people can reject that sacrifice, reject Him as Lord. But it's certainly not because He was not an all sufficient Savior.

But I think it's pretty silly to suggest that we can be righteous without the indwelling of the Holy Spirit? The carnal, natural man wants nothing to do with the Spirit. Our spirits are re-born, the OT saying for that was we are "given a new heart"

What is righteous about condemning people and holding yourself above them?

If you lie I will continue to call it out, sorry you don't like beinjg called out when you do it.

Repeatedly.

And I'm above no man, I'm a sinner saved by grace. Christ is the hero of my story, the one responsible for everything I am and everything I have. I'm just one beggar trying to show other beggars where to find bread.

edit on 17-9-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:58 AM
link   

If you lie I will continue to call it out, sorry you don't like beinjg called out when you do it.
Repeatedly.
And I'm above no man, I'm a sinner saved by grace. Christ is the hero of my story, the one responsible for everything I am and everything I have. I'm just one beggar trying to show other beggars where to find bread.
So, your answer is that you have no explanation for why you think you have a superior relationship with Jesus than all the people you seemed so happy to point out are going to die in some catastrophe you are hoping is going to happen.
This sort of behavior is downright antisocial, don't you think? Just because you have a cult where you sing praises to the death of others does not mean that sort of thing is acceptable outside of your little meetings. This is really hateful and your philosophy can not cover up the blatant fact of it.
Jesus is not Boaz and you are showing your idolatry. I would suggest you get in touch with Jesus as in the Christ of Love and step away from the hateful Yahweh and the old covenant of death, and join the twenty first century.
edit on 17-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by XelNaga
one day... i will get on ats and not see a single thread involving jesus or anything else along those lines.

glad you love a dead man (probably and more than likely a nonexistent dead man). more power to you.

But what if there is simply no such thing as a nonexistant dead man, to begin with?

"You are sadly mistaken, because for God all people are alive."

You must understand, well you don't HAVE TO because this is my own experience, that there's an actual character there, a person, and a person of unparalleled genius, unparalleled wisdom, understanding and awareness, and of course a Love capable of going the full distance, without any compromise or any loss of integrity, whatsoever. A person! An alive person, since he lives in me, now, and is the very best part of who I really am. You must understand, that there is no amount of Christ capable of ruining or in any way corrupting the unique, personal, spiritual experience, of the individual journeyor. It is the very character, the person of Jesus, with whom I've fallen in love. And he is love, and in so far as I am love, his love and therefore his nature, his character, is alive and well, thank you very much. Through him, in him, we were not left orphaned. We are not alone, those of us who've come to know him or are getting to know him, in his character or heart. And while in one sense, being joined with Christ we are two, are not two (except as two are required for the love of the beloved and beloved other), and there is nothing alien here to our normalized and natural state of mind, nothing foreign to the self, just the deepest reservoir and wellspring of creative intelligence imaginable, which moves and is capable of moving us, not unlike the wind which is radically free to blow where it pleases. We are quite literally, born again, made new, reintegrated and included in something of the very farthest reaches, of height, breadth, and depth. After all, he was human, and so are we.

The Christian is also baptised, with Jesus, at the Jordan River. He spared us of course, the other one.

"The Spirit and the Bride say come."

edit on 17-9-2011 by NewAgeMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I like Buddhism very very much, but what I am head over heals in love with Christianity over, is its celebration of the individual, of the real, authentic, and fully self expressed PERSONHOOD, of each and every one of us, as we really are, all within an eternal family framework, of what I like to call "the relativity of human being." It's the very substance or the "stuff" of life, in the midst of a Buddhist "not nothing" sandwich. It's food, for the soul, without reason to escape this mortal coil, this veill of tears, never to return. What fun is that?

"Therefore, be of good cheer, and do not let your hearts be troubled, for I have overcome the world!"

edit on 17-9-2011 by NewAgeMan because: The only answer to the question, "Why?" is "Because i love you."

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
imho, the true Christian is, at least in potentia or as a work, a Great Work, in progress, the incarnating (from above) Spirit of the Living God in, through, and by, the Person of Jesus Christ, who was, who is, and who is to come.

Therefore, I have been forced to conclude, that the supreme invitation of Christianity, extended to us from non other than Jesus himself, is to engage and immerse ourselves in a co-creative, participatory, eschatology.

"As my father first sent me, even so, send I you."

edit on 17-9-2011 by NewAgeMan because: saying added for good measure.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Originally posted by XelNaga
one day... i will get on ats and not see a single thread involving jesus or anything else along those lines.

glad you love a dead man (probably and more than likely a nonexistent dead man). more power to you.

doesnt mean the rest of us (especially those of us who are atheist, agnostic, satanist, muslim, buddhist, and what have you) want to know about it.

but then again we are the 'heathens' and 'evil doers' even though we've never committed genocide or war or anything else along those lines all in the name of jesus and god...

not to be mean or anything...because i frankly dont care what your spiritual beliefs are as long as you are happy with it, but ats should be about discussing conspiracies, aliens, government corruption, the world as whole, opposed to an endless number of threads relating to this jesus character

jesus promised to end evil and all that stuff....odin promised to remove ice giants...i dont see many ice giants around

Yes there will come a day when you get on ATS and not see a single post about Jesus Christ forever more, because we will all be gone and you will be left behind to experience the hell of Tribulation, provided youre not in the 1/3 of the earths population that is killed.

2/3s. 6 billion ppl.

Yeah i knew it was somewhere around there
, population needs to hit 9 billion for it to be 6 billion though, and i don't think we have that much time left!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Repeatedly.
So, your answer is that you have no explanation for why you think you have a superior relationship with Jesus than all the people you seemed so happy to point out are going to die in some catastrophe you are hoping is going to happen.
This sort of behavior is downright antisocial, don't you think? Just because you have a cult where you sing praises to the death of others does not mean that sort of thing is acceptable outside of your little meetings. This is really hateful and your philosophy can not cover up the blatant fact of it.
Jesus is not Boaz and you are showing your idolatry. I would suggest you get in touch with Jesus as in the Christ of Love and step away from the hateful Yahweh and the old covenant of death, and join the twenty first century.

I don't hate to tell you this but, Jesus Christ is Yahweh. Who do you think was "the Lord" in the flesh? In hebrew Yahweh means "the Lord", hence why the disciples and apostles called him "Lord" and not "rabbi" as all the other teachers and prophets were called.

If you think Yahweh doesn't love us then you have gone off your rails.

John the Baptist said through his revelation "in the beginning there was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God". He explains this further by saying that Jesus was the Living Word made flesh and by naming Jesus the Christ fulfilled the prophecy of Isaiah's foretelling of the coming of Immanu'el. John also said "he made the world, but was not of the world,he walked amoung his people and they knew him not". You see, Yahweh told the adam that he would save them, and 4000 years later He did by coming in person.
edit on 17-9-2011 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
It has been expressed many times, and most probably by more articulate minds than my own, that Jesus Christ genuinely is an exceptionally worthy exemplar of both practical spiritual advancement, and virtuous Earthly behaviour.

Jesus is not Christianity's main problem. Christianity's main problem, are Christians who, while claiming to be followers of his, spend far more of their time talking about, and mentally focusing on, Satan and demons. The Christians on this very forum who insist that all extraterrestrials are to be regarded as disguised demons, are a strong case in point.

It is a Hindu proverb that Man becomes what he worships. If people who call themselves Christians, still spend all of their time obsessed with Satan, we cannot make any positive predictions about how the outcome.

To such Christians, I would also offer the following proposition; that either, as they profess to believe, Jesus Christ is Lord, and the ultimate spiritual authority, or he is not. If he is, then they should have nothing to fear from the likes of demons whatsoever, and it therefore should not be either necessary or beneficial for them to give said demons, so much of their mental focus.

When I profess faith in Kali Ma, I mean that I keep my mental focus on her. I do not primarily focus on the asuras (demons) that she is described as having slain. Part of the reason for this, is because of her pre-established efficacy as a slayer of demons, so that, being under her protection, I do not need to worry about them.

The second part of the reason is that, as mentioned, I wish over time to cultivate more of Ma's own characteristics, rather than those of the demons themselves. If I focus on her, I will become more like her. If I focus on the demons, I will become more like them instead.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Repeatedly.

I don't "hope" many people will die in a catastrophic event. That's absurd. I'm looking very earnestly for the return of my Lord and Savior. Part of that is His judgment. It's like when a woman is excited to have her baby that she is pregnant with, no she isn't excited about the excruciating pains of labor, but she is excited to have her child born, the excruciating labor is a means to an end. If billions of people die in judgment, then who am I to criticize the Lord for His judgment? He is sovereign, not I.

This sort of behavior is downright antisocial, don't you think?

Warning people of coming judgment based on the word of God? I suppose that's "antisocial" but my duty is to tell the people what the Lord has said, not try and win a popularity contest. We are called to truthfulness not popularity.

Just because you have a cult where you sing praises to the death of others does not mean that sort of thing is acceptable outside of your little meetings. This is really hateful and your philosophy can not cover up the blatant fact of it.

No one sings praises to the death of others for one thing. That's ridiculously absurd. For two, even if we did sing praises to God for ending people's life (we don't), how would that be any different than David's Psalms written to praise God for smiting his enemies??? Talking to you is like a mix of talking to a brick wall and a person with Alzheimers.

Jesus is not Boaz and you are showing your idolatry.

That's a met-A-phor. Boaz was a type and foreshadow of Christ. The "goel", a kinsman redeemer of Ruth and Naomi. Boaz took a gentile wife. Surprised that flew over your head. Haven't you even studied the Christophanies or the types and foreshadows of Christ in the OT???

I would suggest you get in touch with Jesus as in the Christ of Love and step away from the hateful Yahweh and the old covenant of death, and join the twenty first century.

Christ is YHWH. His name is YAH+shua.

"YHWH saves"

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
Watch the movie PAUL...

I mean this is 2011, not 1950. We don't believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, and Jesus. You're a dying bread.

It's funny people can live without religion, they come to accept that we are simply molecules. Accept it.

You insane, you talk to yourself and a bunch of imaginary characters. You need mental help all of you.

It's a story someone made up, and you are their army to protect and spread the word. It's evil, and your views on;y slow down the world.

I got an idea why don't all the religious people move to one side of the planet where you don't get government funding, or assistance.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You do know that you guys are practitioners of witchcraft, right? I didn't get that last night but now I do.
You are into the demons of numbers and are possessed of demons.
You are into this mentality of the occult and numerology and kabbalah.
You seem to be repeating a magic number which is like the mystical number the practitioners of the black arts of Judaism use when they say six million Jews died in the Holocaust. It has nothing to do with how many Jews actually died, it is a sort of incantation to one of their demon gods that they evoked to get their bit of land as a foothold in Palestine. I think you all, meaning yourself, XPlanetX, KJV1611, NOTurTYPICAL, SeekerLou, SuperiorEd, Dontreally, and anyone else here into this Jewish esoterica and making incantations in your posts to demons, need to stop what you are doing and free yourself from the influence of Satan. I seriously feel it is affecting you all in a very bad way. I see this sharp downward spiral in all of your behaviors. To start, my suggestion is to say, Jesus, and never actually utter any of those names you are so fond of that start with the letter Y. And do not spell it because you are casting a spell every time you write it and you are affecting negatively everyone who reads it. Please show that you are free of this demon by posting the words, Jesus, and God.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
First, I wish I could find this reply to me.....I don't remember reading it.

Second....I LOVE JESUS TOO!!!!! xoxoxox

We all are born into a world that at first seems to be filled with many adventures, laughs, and happiness. As we grow older and become conditioned to the society we live in we realize the world we thought we lived in is really a cruel one with or without the many laughs.

We begin to question..It leads us to look for light in situations because our being thrives on it. We all long for happiness and love. We all just want to be happy and loved forever without a glimpse of the opposite.

For all of life's tragedies we become drained and thrown into darkness......we struggle here on Earth and the only light we find is the light Jesus shines on us from all directions. This light is a light that promises us a "mansion" and this mansion is where he is and where he will take each and every one of us.

It is my thinking that leads me to believe all of what I said above and it is also my thinking that tells me we are all a light in and of our self and this light is one that spins inside this Planet which awaits its (our) destiny. This is not our "natural state" of existence......merely a moment of transition that seemingly takes "time" in a realm of time.

Jesus lays it all out for us. He tells us everything we want to know, yet some do not believe. As a believer I find myself in more and more light than I do in darkness. I feel as though without this said light of promises I cannot live a happy life.

Before a conditioning I loved the sky and asked it as a little girl.."who am I and what am I doing here? Why can I not hear my mom think? Why do I remember smiling and excited to come here? These questions were asked of the sky from a little 5 year old girl ...me. From this experience of thinking and pondering I have become an adult who no longer questions the sky. I do not question Jesus because he has left no question unanswered.

We can either believe or not....it is our choice. For the believer, the true believer who has faith in an eternal existence of love....there is only light even when it storms.

I thank God for LOVE!!!!

Peace and love to all of you...believers and non. xoxoxox

Jenn

I also want to add that I often hear, "Why do you WANT to believe in something so badly?" Well this is not like Santa...or the Spaghetti Monster. FAR from it. There is NO comparison as neither were said to have lived and died FOR US.

My answer is this....I love many people... I love my family and friends. I have seen a lot of death and experienced the pain that comes with each. Who wants to see their loved ones again? Who wants that love to end? Our limited sense's tells us they are no longer in existence. That is TRUE PAIN for someone that has just lost a child or any loved one for that matter. To KNOW there is a promise and to believe in this promise is to live without fear that love ...true love....awaits us all.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
Watch the movie PAUL...

I mean this is 2011, not 1950. We don't believe in the Easter Bunny, Santa Clause, and Jesus. You're a dying bread.

It's funny people can live without religion, they come to accept that we are simply molecules. Accept it.

You insane, you talk to yourself and a bunch of imaginary characters. You need mental help all of you.

It's a story someone made up, and you are their army to protect and spread the word. It's evil, and your views on;y slow down the world.

I got an idea why don't all the religious people move to one side of the planet where you don't get government funding, or assistance.

Why don't you tell us how you really feel.

Maybe you CAN live without "religion" but it wouldn't hurt to speak to people like Jesus did. Once you do that you may find yourself with more friends because your rant in this post is not amusing, not out of love, and very much judgmental because someone believes something you don't.

Get out of a thread when you find someone speaking of Jesus so you won't be offended so badly as to be so mean to others. Geeeez .....and I bet you believe in Aliens.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Please show that you are free of this demon by posting the words, Jesus, and God.

His name IS Yahshua. The Hebrews don't even have a "J" sound in their vocabulary. His name is YHWH, "The Lord" is a title they came up with for Him because they didn't want to vocalize the name of God. Calling Him Yahshua or YHWH is blessing His sovereign name.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join