It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone in Manchester (England) fancy taking a look out of the window?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Think this is the baby causing concern, it's based out at Barton Airfield this weekend as it's doing pro work in manchester

farm7.static.flickr.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by p00hbear
Think this is the baby causing concern, it's based out at Barton Airfield this weekend as it's doing pro work in manchester

farm7.static.flickr.com...

Probably the culprit, it even says on the goodyear website that it's doing tours, although if anyone could check the goodyear twitter that'd be useful.

Hindsight is a bugger eh?

--

I'll try and get him to send me his photos, but I think this one is dealt with.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by LogicalThinker

It would be difficult to even tell from that webcam, it shows a lot of dots. If it was a little more clearer it be more distinguishable to tell if it is something. I don't know, just really hard to see.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
bit more info and some more pics taken yesterday and today

www.civilianaviation.co.uk...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
You didn't waste our time and like you said, it's better to be in the know than to not knowing what's going on.

Quite frankly, i'm at work so a little excitement doesn't hurt

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
This is the beauty of ATS.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
His 2nd message:

' Its like something out of independance day'

Dunno.
If that turns out to be the culprit he either took something that would be of my liking, or he pranked you.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tangled2011
I'm in the north east of england and I just heard something unusual...probs nothing but 2 ticks

Out of curiosity what did you hear? I'd like to know

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by derpif

His 2nd message:

' Its like something out of independance day'

Dunno.
If that turns out to be the culprit he either took something that would be of my liking, or he pranked you.

Possible and I have many friends who I wouldn't take for granted in some ways, but this particular friend is a very trustworthy and a nice guy, I would never have made this thread if it had been a know wind up from certain friends.

Turns out he defo saw something, but it was probably a promo blimp or something made to 'look' like a spaceship. I dunno yet.
edit on 16-9-2011 by mr-lizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Just received a strange message from an honest friend.

' Giant flying saucer over manchester now. No messing! Looks like airship lit up from inside...!! '

Well, as others have said, this sounds like the Goodyear Blimp - as shown in this video:

I was caught a bit by surprise when I saw it over London a few days ago - it looked pretty cool.

The Goodyear blimp was photographed earlier today at whatever the location is in the photo below. Given the next photo (from tonight, taken from Ancoats, Manchester) I presume this photo shows Manchester or somewhere close to it.
lockerz.com...

After dark today, the blimp was photographed from "Ancoats" (which is in the Manchester area - see below):
technicalfault.posterous.com...

According to Wikipedia:
en.wikipedia.org...

Ancoats is an inner city area of Manchester, in North West England, next to the Northern Quarter and the northern part of Manchester's commercial centre.

Case closed?

All the best,

Isaac

edit on 16-9-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpectrumSeven
Wish it was a ufo. its a promo blimp / airship thing.

Be careful what you wish for.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by IsaacKoi

Not saying you are wrong but its a little known surprising fact that there are only 13 blimps in operation in the whole world. answers.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by tarifa37

Not saying you are wrong but its a little known surprising fact that there are only 13 blimps in operation in the whole world. answers.yahoo.com...

Hi tarifa37

Um, did you happen to miss the bit of my post where I pointed out that a blimp had been photographed over Manchester this evening and gave a link to that photo?

I'd say that's reasonable grounds for considering one of the "only 13 blimps in operation in the whole world" you mentioned is in the area.

I wouldn't have included the "Case Closed?" concluding remark if I hadn't found that bit of evidence.

All the best,

Isaac

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

am in party town now. (partington) and i can just see it

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Prince1of2gold

not a blimp pal

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prince1of2gold
reply to post by Prince1of2gold

not a blimp pal

What is it then please?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
If it isnt the Goodyear blimp could it be anything to do with Star Wars on blu ray? didnt they turn BT tower in london into a big lightsaber yeaterday?

uk.news.yahoo.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I'm in Eccles . I'm going to take a look around .

Back soon .

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by tarifa37

Hi tarifa37

Um, did you happen to miss the bit of my post where I pointed out that a blimp had been photographed over Manchester this evening and gave a link to that photo?

I'd say that's reasonable grounds for considering one of the "only 13 blimps in operation in the whole world" you mentioned is in the area.

I wouldn't have included the "Case Closed?" concluding remark if I hadn't found that bit of evidence.

All the best,

Isaac

No, I saw that and that's why I said that I'm not saying you are wrong its just that there are so few blimps on planet earth that its pretty rare to see one. I have a few times in fact saw the good year blimp over kent a few months back. I remember it was really windy and it was having great difficulty tracking up wind seemed to be going backwards.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Every time the Good Year blimp is in the area , it usually lands at Barton airport for refueling . I just called my friend who lives just off the runway at Barton and he says he hasn't seen anything other than Cesnas and the Police Helicoptor today.

Most strange.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join