It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tucson's Davis-Monthan (AFB) on lockdown... Update: Reported civilian shooter on base

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Tucson's Davis-Monthan (AFB) on lockdown

azstarnet.com

Davis-Monthan Air Force Base is on lockdown and there are reports of low flying planes in the area.

Airman Michael Washburn confirmed the lockdown, but said he could not give a reason for the order.

However, D-M said later today that there is a 'potential security situation' but no details were provided.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 9/16/2011 by UberL33t because: Edited title per updated report.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Could this have anything to do with the meteor from the other night? "Potential security situation". I invite members from that area to perhaps take a look up and see if anything appears out of the ordinary.

If there are low flying planes then they should be visible. I am unable to locate any other source for this yet but please feel free to post additional sources and/or information to this thread.

azstarnet.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Probably some nut in a Cessna trying to look at the Boneyard and not realizing that he's violated controlled airspace.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Where is this base? I see, Arizona.

Here's their webiste, www.dm.af.mil...

They have a breaking news section, but the latest breaking news if from 9/12

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Whoa. Curious.....I just emailed some of my relatives in Tucson to see if they could find out. Keep us posted if you learn more!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
all roads in the area are closed off (per cnn just showed it on the screen)

probably trucking in something they dont want the public to see.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I have a brother-in-law, sister and a cousin that work there. The cousin says she is hiding behind a desk scared of the shooter. I'm a little scared since the news isn't saying anything and no one is picking up their phone. Waiting for answers.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
All of the low-flying A-10s are actually landing, not taking off. I can see the base from my back yard. There are also unconfirmed reports of a person with multiple gunshot wounds.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

UPDATE:

Tucson Fire Dept. says it's responding to gunshot wound victim on Air Force base

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
heres a link to the story just watching fox a single victim so far still no word on the shooter nothing said about low flying planes

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
They're saying a civilian shooter on base, someone was shot. What an idiot, who starts shooting at an AIR FORCE BASE?

www.kvoa.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by concernedcitizen519

Wow, I can't believe this is about a shooter! Holy cow! Not again! This guy will be killed on sight. I'm surprised he's not dead already.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Wait, wait.
CNN live now says there is NO SHOOTER, NO ONE has been shot and everyone is safe. They're telling people to stay away. Weird, such conflicting reports.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Dr Strangelove visiting

EEEEEHAAAAA!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by concernedcitizen519
They're saying a civilian shooter on base, someone was shot. What an idiot, who starts shooting at an AIR FORCE BASE?

www.kvoa.com...

Nidal Malik Hasan

Comes to mind... I can get more names if you want....

Other reasons - Security Breach
Stolen / missinge quipment
weapons - conventional
weapons - non conventional

Missing persons?
Identified persons / ATL

etc etc etc
edit on 16-9-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Confirmed. DMAFB released a statement: "No shots fired. No one is hurt" They concluded that there was a threat, and it has been neutralized.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Reduced to single point entry not a lockdown as for what I have heard.

Senior Airman Timothy Dunaway says traffic has been reduced to a single-point entry but he refused to elaborate. Read more: www.foxnews.com...

edit on 16-9-2011 by jaynkeel because: add comment and link

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
OK I can see that the mass confusion from the MSM has worked it's magic on our elite ATS reporters here.

So we have potential plane fly in to look at the Bone yard. But that was not it, then we have a shooter with one wounded but that's not right either. Now we have no shooter and no victim and the base is still locked down.

Check....

Oi Vey...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Local news is saying that nobody may leave and there is a mile long traffick jam for people trying to leave the area. Local news here is pretty good, but as for any media, there is room for error.

There is definitely more than meets the eye here. Hence the conflicting reports.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
Local news is saying that nobody may leave and there is a mile long traffick jam for people trying to leave the area. Local news here is pretty good, but as for any media, there is room for error.

There is definitely more than meets the eye here. Hence the conflicting reports.

Scratch that above statement. They are showing somebody being loaded into an ambulance with the words,"no injuries" underneath. What a joke.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join