It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tucson's Davis-Monthan (AFB) on lockdown... Update: Reported civilian shooter on base

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
SOMETHING, happened.

I DO NOT believe the *nothing to see here false alarm*

Now what that something really is.

Well we will see.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
KTAR radio, Phoenix, is reporting that a man, thought to have a gun, was seen running into an engineering building on the base, which is apparently where he is still. Police bomb squad and SWAT team called in. They either are, or intend to negotiate with the man.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Latest updates on the situation...

Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Arizona is on lockdown as authorities investigate "suspicious activity." No one is being allowed in or out of the base.

Update at 7:02 p.m. ET: An unnamed military official also tells the Associated Press that a man with a gun is holed up in a base building.

Update at 6:35 p.m. ET: An armed man is barricaded inside one of the buildings, according to reports from The Arizona Republic and KVOA.

An unnamed source tells The Republic the man is in a room on the second floor of a building known as the "old dorm." Authorities are attempting to negotiate with the man, who is alone. No shots have been fired. KVOA cites officials as confirming that an FBI team was dispatched to the base.

content.usatoday.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

Originally posted by ChrisF231
www.foxnews.com...
FOX News comment section has a poster saying that according to the Tuscan Fire Department live scanner there are "at least 2 victims" and that the Davis Monithan AFB Fire-Rescue is requesting Tuscan Fire Department ambulances to assist. Clearly something happened.
edit on 16-9-2011 by ChrisF231 because: (no reason given)

Only problem with that is it's not credible.

and the mainstream media is?

edit on 16-9-2011 by RelentlessLurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by RelentlessLurker

Apparently you didn't understand what the convo was about.
edit on 16-9-2011 by jaynkeel because: spelling

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   

No gunman, gun found at locked down Davis-Monthan

TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) -- The commander of an Air Force base in southern Arizona says no gunman or weapons were found in response to unconfirmed reports of a gunman...

SOURCE: Fox11AZ.com

No idea if that is the complete story. Sure seems like something must have happened, but it also sounds like we may not get the real news...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
My bet is that there was some sort of unauthorized access on the base and it's being covered up for national security reasons. Maybe another Fort Hood/Hassan Nidal type incident, maybe Mexican drug cartels looking to get some old airplanes. It's plainly obvious that something happened.

One does not call in an FBI SWAT team, deploy Air Force Security Forces SRT sniper teams, and bring in a bomb squad for a false alarm.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
www.foxnews.com...
Air Force base commander now says that reports of gunman and standoff are 'untrue' and that no incident occurred.

SOMETHING is being covered up here. One does not need to be Inspector Colombo to figure that much out.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
www.foxnews.com...
Air Force base commander now says that reports of gunman and standoff are 'untrue' and that no incident occurred.

SOMETHING is being covered up here. One does not need to be Inspector Colombo to figure that much out.

Interesting...so I wonder then which official was lying.

Update at 7:02 p.m. ET: An unnamed military official also tells the Associated Press that a man with a gun is holed up in a base building.

Update at 6:35 p.m. ET: An armed man is barricaded inside one of the buildings, according to reports from The Arizona Republic and KVOA.

Sounds strange to me!!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:03 PM
link   
It sure sounds fishy.

Yesterday, there was a note with a threat that someone
planted pipe bombs on an afb, and they swept the area, but kept
they didn't make a big deal about it. They didn't shut down
the base. So for them to make it to the msm just for it
False alarm", then they're covering something up.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
well the shooter sounds like a pissed husband that's getting some evens on his wife's lover

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
This is stll ongoing?? Even after 18hours?? my lord! This guy must either be intent on jail time or something else. Stay safe cousins across the pond

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:26 AM
link   
I live in the Tucson area and the reports all day have been out of hand and mixed up. Not to mention from about 10pm to 1am there were in-between 4-6 loud booms from the base and i'm quite a few miles away from it and it shook my windows.Here is the report about the booms,seems like quite a large coincidence.

www.kvoa.com...

(P.S.) They are not sonic booms from jets. >

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11
Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Arizona is on lockdown as authorities investigate "suspicious activity." No one is being allowed in or out of the base.

An unnamed source tells The Republic the man is in a room on the second floor of a building known as the "old dorm." Authorities are attempting to negotiate with the man, who is alone. No shots have been fired. KVOA cites officials as confirming that an FBI team was dispatched to the base.

Wow

"Authorities are attempting to negotiate with the man."

This is unheard of these days, in most cases its "Hes got a gun!" ... 100shots later, suspect down! Who wants donuts?

-D

edit on 17-9-2011 by Anoynymoose because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
So now they're saying it was a false alarm and there wasn't a gunman at all? I agree that it sounds fishy. Especially since around midnight they started detonating what they're calling "hazardous material disposal". The news says the base had scheduled this detonation in advance but it all sounds a little odd if you ask me. If they had planned this detonation then why were we informed about it only a couple of hours in advance? The explosions had a lot of people very scared. The windows on my house rattled. I don't know, something doesn't seem right. There's all this commotion and they lockdown the base. Then there's suddenly this "false alarm" guise. And then "pre-scheduled" ordinance disposal at midnight?

KOLD News 13 Facebook Page Warning of Detonation

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Im wondering if some group managed to infiltrate the base. Things like this happen in Pakistan all the time, not too long ago a group of Taliban fighters infiltrated the main Pakistani Navy base and ran amok shooting people, attacking barracks, and blowing things up for 15 hours before Pakistani Marines and Naval Police were able to secure the base.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
Looked through the Davis-Monthan AFB website. Found a list of their press releases, extending back to August. No mention whatever of a planned demolition of hazardous materials. The coincidence with the security lockdown, whatever the true reason for it, seems strange, as does the late hour of the demolition. It seems that a Base right in the middle of a large town (Tucson) would be more considerate of its neighbors! If this 'demolition' was planned in advance, why couldn't they have made several press releases about it over the past couple of weeks, at least, and done it at, say,10 a.m., instead of 10 p.m.? Ross

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Boneyard Pics

This is a very different airbase at least for me and I am a quasi-air force brat (Dad retired air force and then, 25 plus years an aerospace sub contractor) and with everyone who thinks there is more to this than meets the eye.

I feel that this base would be very, very hard to keep safe.

Recycling is in order.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by angelchanneller

Agreed, and it's not just at Davis-Monithan AFB either ... security at stateside bases has gotten very lax in general. Part of the reason is because the service police (aka the MPs) have been replaced by DOD contracted security guards on many bases due to the high demand for MPs in Iraq and Afghanistan due to their constabulary role. Hopefully as the wars wind down the MPs will return to stateside garrison law enforcement & security. This is already happening at Fort Hood, the contract security guards are being laid off and replaced as the MPs return from overseas.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
What;s going on with Arizona AFBs these days?

www.abc15.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join