It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tucson's Davis-Monthan (AFB) on lockdown... Update: Reported civilian shooter on base

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
Charlie Sheen has been spotted with a nordic alien holding hands and skipping by the base burger king. This just in, Charles Manson is now baptizing them in the urinal. An auto erotic asphyxiation honeymoon is said to be scheduled.

This is a non-event. If it is some type of event, we will not be told of it. For all of you who have family or friends on base, I'm happy to hear this.

You beat me too it!!!!
Plus I like your story better lol.

You beat me to it, too. This is a good thread. That Air Force base is wicked. I've been there, to the giant walmart sized surplus store. That place is a city withing the city. Enormous.

My friend is a retired Air Force Sergeant that used to work there packing the perachutes. He has taken me with him to the base before. There's a fencing that can come up from the ground, at the entrance to the base. He said that if they ever went on a major lock down, they'd use it. Block off the city from being able to get in. I don't know if they're using it now.

After last weeks crazy storms, the local police are well prepared to seal off traffic to certain areas. Blocks and block on the east side we're blocked off with police and cones. There were literally dozens of cop cars everywhere with cops on every intersection.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
A Base press statement at about 12:30 p.m. cited merely 'suspicious activity' as the cause of the heightened security. The reason for the lockdown of two schools in the general area, but apparently not in the immediate vicinity of the Base, is unclear.
edit on 16-9-2011 by Ross 54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54
A Base press statement at about 12:30 p.m. cited merely 'suspicious activity' as the cause of the heightened security. The reason for the lockdown of two schools in the area, apparently not in the immediate vicinity of the Base, is unclear.

Which schools? My kid is @ a school about a mile away. I'm supposed to pick her up in about an hour and a half.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
The shooter last reported at the DMV on base. This is not a joke the news has 4 different reports going on and all are lies!!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenfox83
The shooter last reported at the DMV on base. This is not a joke the news has 4 different reports going on and all are lies!!

Welcome to the mainstream media circus. It's always this way whenever they report on breaking news.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
The schools mentioned by name were Borman Elementary, and Sonoran Science Academy. The possibility of other schools being similarly affected was suggested.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

Originally posted by greenfox83

Welcome to the mainstream media circus. It's always this way whenever they report on breaking news.

The local news was actually pretty dead on for the Gifford incident. They atleast had all their stories straight. I guess when military is involved, everything gets all muddered up.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ross 54
The schools mentioned by name were Borman Elementary, and Sonoran Science Academy. The possibility of other schools being similarly affected was suggested.

Thanks. I'll call em now.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I wonder if it is a kid with a gun or rifle?
or could it be some possible terrorist activity?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by AnimositisominA

We had two shootings at Fort Hood when I was stationed there that never made national news.

One of them involved a drunk Pakistani-American soldier who shot up furniture and passed out at his barracks.

Not a peep on the news about it, even though we evacuated numerous buildings, deployed SRT snipers, etc.

Edit to add he was a US soldier, just born in Pakistan. Didn't want anyone to think he was Pakistani military.
edit on 16/9/11 by MikeboydUS because: add

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
Nasa makes announcement about planet with Two-Suns
Scientists find planet orbiting two suns like in 'Star Wars'

The Tatooine-like world about the size of Saturn is a frozen mass of rock and gas about 200 light years from Earth. NASA astronomers say it was discovered by the Kepler spacecraft launched in 2009.

Incident in Tucson (Tu-son)
Arizona Air Force base, schools placed on lockdown
news.blogs.cnn.com...

Arizona's Davis-Monthan Air Force Base was placed on lockdown Friday morning after an unconfirmed report of a someone suspicious with a weapon, Tech Sgt. Russ Martin told reporters.

Coincidence? (OTO Jack Parsons NASA, cult activity you better believe it)

Another lady admits to killing her Two Sons right after birth. . . .

Tennessee woman smothered her newborn twins, police say
www.cnn.com...

A Tennessee woman secretly gave birth to twin boys in a toilet in the home she shares with her parents, then smothered the infants and hid their bodies in a bedroom laundry basket, police said Friday.

Two Sons seems to be the theme of the news for today. .. . . .

Whats next Romulus and Remus return?
edit on 16-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

edit on 16-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
No one should be surprised that there is an information lock down. The MSM is just the face of the CorpGov, IMHO. It's bought and paid for. They know what to say and what not say.

For example, I was watching reports overnight during Hurricane Irene and the CNN anchor at the moment, Drew Griffin, was surfing the the web on-air and began to report about a Maryland nuclear plant that experienced a shut down and they immediately cut away from him. When he came back he flat out stated he wasn't sure he could report it and had to verify it. I'm sure this lack of coherent information or much information at all is for a similar reason - they need the go ahead from their masters and handlers.

Regardless, I doubt the official story will be the truth, much like Ft. Hood.
edit on 16/9/2011 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Why the hell is this not on the new topics page under new-hot for getting replies?
Get with it. This is important shiite.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Swat and bomb squad going on base.
It just got real.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnimositisominA
Swat and bomb squad going on base.
It just got real.

What is your source?

Are you stationed there?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
nevermind
edit on 16-9-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Veritas1

That link is from 2010, do you think it would be related to the events of today? I hope that everyone is alright over there.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

edit on 16-9-2011 by Veritas1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
Any updates on the situation?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChrisF231
Any updates on the situation?

A civilian is "holed up" being talked to by security officers. Reports for this incident have been sketchy from the beginning; first they said there was a shooter and someone was shot, then they said no shooter and no one injured, now they're saying there IS a shooter and he's been cornered. Strange.

www.kvoa.com...

TUCSON (NBC) - US officials confirm reports that a man carrying what appeared to be a gun entered a building at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base in Tucson this afternoon forcing a lockdown at the base. They also confirm that the man is "holed-up" inside a building, apparently alone while security officials are attempting to talk to him.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join