It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford : We Didn't Need No Stinking Bailout and Look at Us now!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
heres a wake up call for the corporate haters.

Here's a wake up call for haters of corporate haters.

Construct a product that consumers actually want to buy, and there will be a profit.

Sorry, but I do not buy crap just to keep somebody in a job!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 46ACE

Originally posted by ldyserenity
FORD= Found On Road Dead!

Yeah that's what they stand for!
Now what does PONTIAC stand for...

edit on 16-9-2011 by ldyserenity because: to add

(I know that one but; ) That'd be what they call "racist"

edit on 16-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

Yeah but I couldn't resist. And I wouldn't dare say it or type it lol!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

actually no

while a quality product is necessary figuring in the costs to make that product and considering

labor costs
material costs
insurance costs
real estate loans
real estate taxes also known as property taxes
inflation the costs of the materials and variable cost continue to rise on a yearly basis
machinery costs
fuel costs
etc

and then a certain crowd comes in and yells raise taxes!!!

everyone wants quality but so many rules and regulations that make business non competitive to the point of that most hated of all words outsourcing.

china makes complete and total crap with a severe lack of quality control and yet where are all the jobs.

in an ideal world yes but we dont live in an ideal world.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:01 PM
link   
lol

Barely a week after a thread slagging Ford for manufacturing offshore.....I gotta wonder if Ford is running scared, grabbing at loose straws to try and gain a little credibility in the flailing US market.

FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily.

edit on 16/9/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by HangTheTraitors
this coming from the OP who admitted in a recent post that he inherited a fortune.

Spends time only YAPPING and RANTING about gov teet this, gov-teet that, parroting on and on...

Living the easy life of internet discussions all day while the rest of us actually work and pay taxes hoping that our taxes benefit us if we ever need them... ya know, the "teet" that fortune inheritors will NEVER NEED.

But expecting our taxes to be used for the purpose for which they were originally collected for in the FIRST PLACE is considered being on the gov's "teet" according to Neo96.

Gotta love the angry wealthy whom are totally disconnected from reality...

RANT, RANT RANT all day every day. Get a JOB OP. See how the real world works and see why the safeguards in place that our taxes are for ARE NEEDED for some families in the country who arent... living with fortunes... like you.

edit on 16-9-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

Where did he say that? Do you have a link to that. That'd be some interesting shixnieux... Oh How easy it is to inherit. Really I would like to see where he posted this info would surely be useful.
I myself may one day inherit a fortune, yet I'd hope I don't instantly become an a hole and start touting how great Corporations are and that everybody without a job is a loser and bum...God If I did I hope someone takes me out. LOL!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
German and Japenesa automobiles > American automobiles. Just saying, as you consumer in this globalised world, you would have to be pretty insane to purchase American.

I never realized you were that ignorant.

Nothing is Completely German, Japanese or American made anymore.
Yeah talk about the "Globalist" but demonstrate complete cluelessnes about Globalization of the auto industry. Fords are manufactured on practically every continent on Earth.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   

reply to post by HangTheTraitors

no valid response whats the topic of the thread?

It seems clear that your whole purpose of posting on this website has to do with ridiculing anyone who gets or needs any type of assistance whatsoever regardless if they PAID IN FULL via their TAXES their whole life for it. In other words, your "gov teet" nonsense.

Admit it that this is your WHOLE point in EVERY thread you make. You need to get a JOB so you can become more connected with REALITY instead of ridiculing anyone in the country who falls on hard-times and needs to get some assistance from what YOU call the "gov teet".

You are so disconnected from reality that it is painful to read your posts. It would be so satisfying (pure justice) to witness folks of the likes of you to one day actually NEED that "gov-teet" to survive. Ya know, that "gov teet" that your TAXES actually PAID TOWARDS in the first place.

I NEVER needed a DIME nor ever TAKEN a dime of money from the "gov-teet" but your lack of compassion for anyone who does is so SICKENING that I wish I could reach out through some folk's PC screen with a back-hand to smack some sense into them and smack some compassion into them towards their fellow Americans.

Your posts make you look like a heartless monster. Jeez man. If it makes you SO BLOODY angry how America has a system in place that tries to HELP its citizens, why dont you LEAVE THE COUNTRY ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!
edit on 16-9-2011 by HangTheTraitors because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Win lose or draw, standing on your own is what America is all about

edit on 16-9-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I'm pretty sure America was all about working together...
What happened to the slogan "United we stand, divided we fall"?
edit on 16-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   
reply to post by HangTheTraitors

Ain't that the truth.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   

and then a certain crowd comes in and yells raise taxes!!!

everyone wants quality but so many rules and regulations that make business non competitive to the point of that most hated of all words outsourcing.

I disagree with you on this one. Everybody wants to make a decent wage. People in America assume they are worth more than they get paid. It isn't just taxes.

Why don't you highlight in your post what a Chinese auto worker gets paid, versus an American auto worker?

American workers have priced themselves out of jobs, not the taxes.

And, you know what? This is why I drive a car that is 12 years old. This is why I no longer go to the movies, or to a baseball game. American workers have priced themselves out of the competition.

You scream taxes, while I say it's Americans having this idiotic expectation that whatever they do is more worthy than a guy in another country who will work at half the rate or less.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by deadmessiah

Ford helped Hitler in the killing of many American's in WW2. That's my point.

And, um, how many of these people are still employed by Ford?
edit on 17-9-2011 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by navione
reply to post by MoosKept240

I have An 87 BMW 325 with over 300k ...everything still works ...I would say it all is on the owner of vehicle as far as maintenance is concerned.. Take care of the car and it will take care of you...my repairs may be more costly but having this car and an American made pick up. I can say my repairs are also a lot less frequent..
Just my 2 cents

I had a 325e

I loved that car. It never left me on the side of the road. Cornered on a dime. My first true love though was my black 1967 Mustang. I pampered it kept her clean and maintained
all through High school. [Chick Magnet]

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoosKept240

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
German and Japenesa automobiles > American automobiles. Just saying, as you consumer in this globalised world, you would have to be pretty insane to purchase American.

Insane! Being a mechanic I can tell you, I would recommend american made cars all day long. Unless you enjoy costly repairs, and parts that run you 3x or 4x what an American vehicle would have cost you. Yet have you ever stopped to look around at how many 90's or early 2000's german vehicles are driving around? None the less with over 200k on them? Not many, cause you could never afford it. It is cheaper to junk it when it quits. And they do. While the American vehicles many will far exceed 200k. My jeep currently has 247k and not one thing on does not work.

Amen to that, I'm driving around a 1995 Mustang, it ran up to around 280k miles then we turned around dropped a 5.0/matching tranny in it (some other stuff like computer and what not) for pretty cheap. Picked up a 95GT donor car with 80k miles for like $1000, the body/frame were torn to hell but the engine/tranny still runs strong!! Lets see those fancy rice burners do that

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Two Fords in my driveway. One that's 18 years old with +240K miles and still drives great and passes emissions tests WELL under the limit. All original parts, except for belts, brakes, clutch, and other stuff like that that's supposed to be regularly replaced.

edit on 17-9-2011 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by OccamAssassin
lol

Barely a week after a thread slagging Ford for manufacturing offshore.....I gotta wonder if Ford is running scared, grabbing at loose straws to try and gain a little credibility in the flailing US market.

FORD = Fix Or Repair Daily.

edit on 16/9/2011 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

was thinking about that myself. an ATS'er who was losing their Ford plant job in Canada as they are closing it down. and how the people who worked there could not themselves afford to buy the vehicle they produced.
i see people driving these gorgeous new Mustangs and i wonder how they can afford the mortgage on them.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DamaSan
Two Fords in my driveway. One that's 18 years old with +240K miles and still drives great and passes emissions tests WELL under the limit. All original parts, except for belts, brakes, clutch, and other stuff like that that's supposed to be regularly replaced.

edit on 17-9-2011 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

Awesome for you!

Bad news for the automaker!

How you managed to bypass a lemon from disgruntled employees who don't think they are getting paid enough must be do to luck of a QA person patrolling the line that day!

Have you for grins, checked out what the price of the same 18 year old vehicle would be today?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maluhia
reply to post by deadmessiah

Ford helped Hitler in the killing of many American's in WW2. That's my point.

And, um, how many of these people are still employed by Ford?

None.
But apparently some have issues with Fords. It was a cheap jab. Let them have their little fit

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join