It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ford : We Didn't Need No Stinking Bailout and Look at Us now!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

One is a 93, the other a 97. Doubt the same QA manager was there both times.

Both were purchased used (I like to let others take the initial depreciation hit). Both are still worth 1/3 to 2/3 their purchase price.

edit on 17-9-2011 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
.....I'm still gonna buy my 2012 Corvette ZR1!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   

edit on 17-9-2011 by queenofsheba because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Of course the Ford family is in with the Bilderberg group. That's why they didn't need a bailout. They would have been fine either way. But that's a conspiracy theory.

We should have never bailed out anyone, none of the financial institutions, or the car manufacturers. The business would have still been there and companies could have scavenged off the accounts. The economy would have recovered a lot quicker without any bailouts from Washington. What happened however is that mega corporations have become some of the largest sponges off of the taxpayers there are. This is why the GOP is always trying to cut taxes for them, they got to keep their federal welfare babies fed.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I have owned some Ford products. They were not that great. I like cars and light trucks built on the straight 6, or for larger trucks and other heavy vehicles I like the Chevy 350 engine. It is the lowest cost per dollar of investment in the industry. My Jeep Cherokee lasted from 91 to 2011 before it was hit by some drunk. This 20 year old engine never needed more than an oil and spark plug change and had 500,408 miles on it.

I have had several trucks that had Chevy or GM 350 engines. I still have one today and it has in excess of 200k miles on it. Ford engines never last as long at the Mopar straight 6 or the Chevy 350. Price performance ratio is what I care about when purchasing a vehicle.

Government subsidies is another thing all together. I did not compute that cost in this brief analysis.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 03:44 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Isn't that a Ford commercial?
How reliable is that on a scale from 1 to 10?

Source Critisism For Dummies

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Amen to that, I often wonder if they teach math in school anymore. And if they do is it fuzzy math?

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
Ford got a variety of cash injections from the US taxpayer. The only reason they did not participate in the bailout is because the Ford family would have lost control of Ford. I will not buy a Ford because they are pretending they did not get a helping hand. They will have to earn my business based on merit. Based on my being a Ford buyer in the past, I am inclined to shop elsewhere. At this time, Hyundai, Kia, Suzuki and Nissan would win my business based on merit.

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude
I have owned some Ford products. They were not that great. I like cars and light trucks built on the straight 6, or for larger trucks and other heavy vehicles I like the Chevy 350 engine. It is the lowest cost per dollar of investment in the industry. My Jeep Cherokee lasted from 91 to 2011 before it was hit by some drunk. This 20 year old engine never needed more than an oil and spark plug change and had 500,408 miles on it.

I have had several trucks that had Chevy or GM 350 engines. I still have one today and it has in excess of 200k miles on it. Ford engines never last as long at the Mopar straight 6 or the Chevy 350. Price performance ratio is what I care about when purchasing a vehicle.

Government subsidies is another thing all together. I did not compute that cost in this brief analysis.

In the end, it's almost about luck or maintenance, as I said my Mustang's 3.8 ran up to 280kish miles... You are right, though, that a Chevy is easier/cheaper to work on due to everything being pretty damn interchangeable. As for Fords, it was a nightmare doing a 3.8 to 5.0 swap in my 95 mustang, granted I didn't spend a whole lot as I found a 95GT donor. I love my Fords to death, my dad on the other hand is a Chevy guy, and I'll give Chevy some credit, they make some tough products and honestly nothing sounds as good as that deep growl of a Chevy big block.

I'm about to start my first restoration project, working on a 64 stang (302), my dad is working on like his 10th restoration, 72 El Camino SS 454 big block....that son of a buck screams! We just finished a 72 Pontiac Lamonds Sport Convertible 400 Pontiac Turbo, that thing is a head turner!....Look at me, gettin' all offtopic

But the reason I quoted is that I agree that Chevy/GM makes a great product and is cheaper (unless we're getting into all out after-market, thats debatable all in itself), but my Fords have never let me down but in the end its all on preference!

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
IMO what makes a vehicle run high miles is a few factors. But the main one is, as long is the frame/unibody is intact, Any vehicle can run as long as you want it to. A vehicle is just pieces and parts. All of them can be removed and replaced. It is all dependent on cost. Is it worth it? And more times than not, it is not on foreign vehicles.

I think Ford always did it, just a little better than the other Domestic vehicles. I always tell friends. "Fords fake leather, is way nicer than Chevys fake leather."
I always enjoyed sitting in a Ford more than a Dodge or Chevy. To me it is just a nice place to be. And in the garage I spend much more time cursing at a Chevy than a Ford. Unless it removing a dash on a F150.

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
How come is an automotive discussion taking place in US Political Madness?
Besides, this thread is looking more and more like some sort of marketing scam...

Highly suspicous and distrubing.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Ford pulled the ad.

Government pressure?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Ford pulled the ad.

Government pressure?

Probably more like consumer pressure. Because everyone still remembers that Congress threw a fit at them when they showed up with Chrysler and GM to ask for money after flying there in their private jet. Just because they ultimately didn't take the bailout doesn't mean they were not looking for it to begin with. They should be proud of what they have accomplished, in a far shorter time than it was expected they could. But they also did receive all sorts of indirect government aid through cash for clunkers and assistance to the other automakers that helped keep parts suppliers afloat.
edit on 21-10-2011 by KeliOnyx because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join