It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shameful behaviour of the united states government

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:40 AM
link   
The future of the middle east is now being determined by U.S domestic politics. Rather than risk the wrath of 6.5 million jewish voters the US government is willing to be the only country to veto the UN Security Council vote on Palestine’s bid for statehood later this month with a likely outcome of 14-1 in favour. A vote against such a resolution would mean that all the favourable images from Obama’s Cairo speech – and from the US support for the Libyan and Egyptian revolutions – would be badly tarnished in the eyes of the arab world.

Frantic diplomatic efforts behind the scenes by Israel and the U.S have resorted to bullying tactics to try and force other nations to veto the palestinian bid, and they are considering cutting off aid and cash flow to the palestinians directly in gaza and the west bank, punishing the palestinian people directly.

The stupidity of the united states on their decision to go down this reckless path is likely to cause chaos in the region, as pointed out here by the respected former head of Saudi Arabian intelligence and ex ambassador to Washington, Turki al-Faisal.

Mr Faisal says in an article in The New York Times that the US will jeopardise its close ties with Saudi Arabia and further undermine its position in a changing Arab world if it again sides with Israel. ''The United States must support the Palestinian bid for statehood at the United Nations this month or risk losing the little credibility it has in the Arab world. If it does not, American influence will decline further, Israeli security will be undermined and Iran will be empowered, increasing the chances of another war in the region,'' Mr Faisal says.''Moreover, Saudi Arabia would no longer be able to co-operate with America in the same way it historically has. With most of the Arab world in upheaval, the 'special relationship' between Saudi Arabia and the United States would increasingly be seen as toxic by the vast majority of Arabs and Muslims, who demand justice for the Palestinian people.'' He adds: ''Saudi leaders would be forced by domestic and regional pressures to adopt a far more independent and assertive foreign policy.''

All of this potential chaos is being allowed to unfold, so that a president of the U.S can appease the jewish voters and secure a 2nd term in office. Can their be any doubt now about just how powerful Israels grip on the united states has become?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

You clearly don't get the whole picture. There are A LOT of Christians in the States who will "stand by Israel" no matter what. These are a huge block of voters, even a lot of the more moderate Christians, and Obama doesn't have a prayer of getting re-elected if he does the sensible thing.
edit on 15-9-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
We'll see if Saudi Arabia keeps their word, or if the U.S. has to shove more money down their throats. They said they would break ties if U.S. vetoed the statehood.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
This may be all for naught it seems. A report came out that PA is considering withdrawing it's bid for statehood. Now I am not saying that it is truth but we will see.

debka.com...
edit on 15-9-2011 by micmerci because: found link

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

So your happy that U.S foreign policy is now driven by the Jews and christian voters/lobyists? Even when that policy has the potential to cause chaos in the middle east and blow up into open warfare? I think its you who are not seeing the big picture...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

A vote against such a resolution would mean that all the favourable images from Obama’s Cairo speech – and from the US support for the Libyan and Egyptian revolutions – would be badly tarnished in the eyes of the arab world.
We are supposed to care? Why? Honestly I could not possibly care less about what the "arab world" thinks about us than what I do.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Thats about the most stupid response I have ever heard about anything, ever.....
2nd line

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321

So your happy that U.S foreign policy is now driven by the Jews and christian voters/lobyists? Even when that policy has the potential to cause chaos in the middle east and blow up into open warfare? I think its you who are not seeing the big picture...
Since Jews and Christians likely form the majority of the population of the US, why shouldn't we drive the foreign policy? There is already chaos in the ME and has been for a long time. Actually, I have to wonder if open war might be better than this terrorist crap that has been ongoing for decades. I vote that this time we let Israel kick their collective a$$e$ again and this time we let them keep what they take. How do you like them apples? I am sick and tired of you islamic apologists.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   

Thats about the most stupid response I have ever heard about anything, ever.....
2nd line
You still have not convinced me why I should care. So, why should I care? Those islamists are our enemies. We just refuse to recognize it. Political correctness has such a stranglehold upon us that we cannot even recognize the danger they pose.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   
If the Palestinians are such great people why does no other Arab country want them within their borders? I would expect my Government to support Israel in all things in their valiant fight to exist in such hostile territory.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

For sure, this will end the terrorist crap, Mr Geopolitics strategist

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   

I never said I was happy about it. Don't put words in my mouth. I'm pointing out to you that it's more than 6.5 million Jewish voters he's got breathing down his throat; it's the majority of the U.S. populace. And, yes, I do see the big picture. I see the U.S. blocking this resolution easily leading to WW3.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
This is bigger than just the US. There's a hidden hand at work here. An unstable region is a profitable region. This is exactly what the global elite want. People overrate the US way too much. It's like they're concentrating on the left hand while the right hand is picking their pocket.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Alienating yourselves to the whole of the Arab/muslim world is a lot more dangerous. But that concept seems a little bit complicated for you to understand, so just bomb the lot of them, they are all terrorists right? Absolutely pathetic.....

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   

The government shouldn't be dictated by religion .........and the decisions made by the POTUS shouldn't be made based on up-ing his chances of being reelected. Sadly both are going on, always have.....but hopefully it won't always be that way.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck

You clearly don't get the whole picture. There are A LOT of Christians in the States who will "stand by Israel" no matter what. These are a huge block of voters, even a lot of the more moderate Christians, and Obama doesn't have a prayer of getting re-elected if he does the sensible thing.
edit on 15-9-2011 by AnIntellectualRedneck because: (no reason given)

Wow you are only concerned with votes and your country?

Give Palestine their state, they have a right to it as much as Isreal did when they established theirs. The fact democratic countries are against this proves there is a hidden agenda.

It amounts to racism in my books. Isreal spends decades pushing the Palestinians around and they push back, all for statehood. Who decided Isreal is more right then Palestine anyways?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

2nd line
You still have not convinced me why I should care. So, why should I care? Those islamists are our enemies. We just refuse to recognize it. Political correctness has such a stranglehold upon us that we cannot even recognize the danger they pose.

Palestinians are your enemies? Have you met one personally, have they done you wrong? Let's not forget the terrorists were from an allied arab country, not Palestine. The whole of the Arab population is not your enemy, only evil people think absolutely like that, I am glad you are not a leader if you were you would be in the same category as Saddam Hussein and the like.
edit on 15-9-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Alienating yourselves to the whole of the Arab/muslim world is a lot more dangerous. But that concept seems a little bit complicated for you to understand, so just bomb the lot of them, they are all terrorists right? Absolutely pathetic.....

You don't get it, do you? They already hate us. It doesn't matter. They are our enemies. Their religion makes them our enemies. Take off the blinders and read their book for yourself. The older peaceful passages you liberals like to quote are superseded by the newer violent passages. This is how they interpret their book, not how I say to do it. They are also allowed to lie in furtherance of the islamic agenda. Consider the "peace of saladin" that they once offered Israel. Research saladin, see who he is and what his "peace" was worth. This is a clash of civilizations. Our views and their are antithetical to each other. There is NO "common ground" unless you will accept sharia, become a dhimmi, and pay their special tax to be permitted to live as a non-muslim under their rule.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

This is a very big story in the making. I have no clue how it will play out, but it is well worth following. Is this being covered well by the MSM?--------------

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan
Palestinians are your enemies? Have you met one personally, have they done you wrong? Let's not forget the terrorists were from an allied arab country, not Palestine. The whole of the Arab population is not your enemy, only evil people think absolutely like that, I am glad you are not a leader if you were you would be in the same category as Saddam Hussein and the like.
edit on 15-9-2011 by EspyderMan because: (no reason given)
I have met and been shot at by a variety of muslims. I have disarmed mines and ieds and cleaned up the mess caused by ieds that we did not locate in time. I have been spit upon while actually trying to protect muslims. So, YES! They are My and our enemies. Their own book proclaims it for all to see and read. Don't trust what they tell you, they are permitted to lie by their religion. Read their koran yourself. Interpret it the way the book tells you and you will see for yourself.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join