It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riverside, Orange County Residents Reporting Strange Lights In The Night Sky

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by LanternOfDiogenes

post by LanternOfDiogenes
That is quit a feet considering 3 states saw this at the same time....Big R/C plane and one hell of a bandwidth...

As I said ....the lights in the VIDEO are not the same as was reported elsewhere .
RC Planes at night

San Fernando Valley Radio Control Flyers
The meeting location is the Encino Community Center, 4935 Balboa Blvd. Encino, CA. All meetings start at 7:30 P.M.
www.valleyflyers.com...

edit on 15-9-2011 by gortex because: edit to add

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePawnsTheory

No, you're right: there are two separate incidences. One was a meteor, the other was... something else. It does seem like event #2 is localized more to NV/AZ. And I also saw the reports of road closures by the military... some even say they are roping off the areas where "the green light fell/landed".

Crazy night.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
This explains the two incidents with images:

edit on 15-9-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

Ah thanks. Couldn't keep a straight head there for a bit. The road/military closing is what has me baffled at this juncture. Arizona and their crazy lights always causing a disturbance.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
A good friend in California just told me that she actually has people around her street sitting outside on lawn chairs watching a weird light that keeps popping up. She called to report it but they pretty much seemed overwhelmed and rude. It looks like it falls and comes back. It just fell again about 15 minutes ago for the third time. It's moving sideways and hovering. She's going to try getting me pictures.
edit on 15-9-2011 by ThePawnsTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Here's a short and sweet video of it from a football game at Desert Vista Stadium. Can't seem to get it to inbed though.

UFO Over Desert Vista

Also, MSNBC has posted the story now.

MSNBC "Green" Fireball Dazzles
edit on 15-9-2011 by ThePawnsTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   
reply to post by ThePawnsTheory

i live in california. i am in the extreme northern area of california but i have been south, to the central part of the state, recently. a friend of mine told me ufo sightings in that area were happening nightly. i was so affected i started a thread:

Castle AFB and Merced, California

there is a video from earlier this month as well as videos of as many as 40+ crafts in the sky at once, all in merced, california!

the thing that my buddy really seemed adamant in communicating to me was that sightings were happening in the area at an unreal rate in the last few months. it made me wish i had more time there to watch the sky.

it seems stuff is going crazy in our skies everywhere anymore!
edit on 15-9-2011 by godWhisperer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:17 AM
link   
reply to post by godWhisperer

I believe it. Things are a'brewing for sure. Thanks for the info and also thanks for sharing your thread. That is some nice work.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePawnsTheory
A good friend in California just told me that she actually has people around her street sitting outside on lawn chairs watching a weird light that keeps popping up.

Now that's interesting.

Stuff I wanna know:

1. Where are these guys exactly?
  2. What direction are they looking?
  3. Apparent altitude (AGL) of the object(s)?
  4. They are seeing multiple lights, or a single light that comes back over and over?
  5. Any sounds associated with it?
  6. Does it blink, have steady color, any other visual characteristics?
  7. TELL THEM TO TAKE VIDEO/PICS!!!!!!
  8. Are they hearing any reports of this third event by local news/gov?
  9. ...IS this a third event, or continuation of the second?

Thanks for telling us about that. Tell us more!!

Looks like Im getting my second wind for the night... but bed will call again soon
edit on 15-9-2011 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Whoa, I was surprised to find this. I was actually going to post a question as to if there was a meteor shower tonight. I'm in Salt Lake City, about 2-3 hours ago, I caught the glimpse of a very bright shooting star out the window. Almost borderline fireball. About an hour after that, I saw another one, in almost the same spot while outside on a walk.

Thought I would share what I saw from here in SLC.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

First off, I would like to state that as I pressed on "reply" and thought of my first answer, I had the biggest case deja vu of my life. I remember doing this. I haven't even been posting for that long.

I haven't got to get much more info than what I posted. Her phone is dead but she is talking to me whenever she gets to her computer. I do plan on getting it though, if and when she comes back with some pictures. She's not as into this sort of thing as I/We are so I'm going to try to pull out all of the info I can.

Where are these guys exactly?

Southern California. The Reseda area.

What direction are they looking?

Southwest or as she put it "Southwest-ish."

Apparent altitude (AGL) of the object(s)?

She says it is going up and hovering for about fifteen minutes and then going out of sight in the down direction. I'll try getting an estimate out of her as soon as we make contact again.

They are seeing multiple lights, or a single light that comes back over and over?

She is pretty sure that it is the same continuous one going down and coming up in the same area and doing the nearly same thing.

Any sounds associated with it?

No sounds, but alas, she thinks she might not be close enough to hear if it is audible.

Does it blink, have steady color, any other visual characteristics?

I quote: "It was weird, blue/green, and zigzagged on it's second time down."

TELL THEM TO TAKE VIDEO/PICS!!!!!!

That was my first order of business. Best question yet.

...IS this a third event, or continuation of the second?

She didn't know about the first event until she saw people outside spectating. From the details she gave me, this sure seems like it has a lot to do with the first or second event, but can't say for sure.

I was just posting all I know and hope to get more info.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by loam
Ok....

This is getting a bit curious....

This video was just uploaded moments ago and says its from Edmonton Canada.

I'm still trying to confirm there were also sightings in the UK.

edit on 14-9-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

But the video itself even says 2008?

Did I miss something?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

But the video itself even says 2008? Did I miss something?

Yeah. Finish reading the pages. *Spoiler Alert* We sort it out.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   
After going through this entire thread, I wanted to follow up on my sightings earlier.

What I saw was fast. A little slower than your average shooting star. It was bright as hell, with color in it, and was amazing to see. But only lasted a few seconds. Both sightings were exactly the same, in about the same part of the sky, shooting west to east, though looked as if they had a steep downward trajectory.

These mini fireballs did not zigzag either. They looked much like one of the Arizona witnesses stated as roman candles falling from the sky.

ETA
South west to north east now that I think about it - not perfectly east to west.
edit on 15-9-2011 by Lighterside because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   
reply to post by gortex

reply to post by tarifa37

I completely agree with you all... it seems like the media is mixing different events together. The video they show to me looks like an RC aircraft doing circles. Everyone else is saying the object looked like a fireball with a tail, and that description doesn't even come close to the video the media is showing.
edit on 15-9-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
My 2 cents is this.

Might it be possible we hit an unexpected grouping of deep space meteors, and had a spectacular little meteor shower? We are traveling around this galaxy with our Sun, there's all sorts of things we could run into on the way.

I think this was just large enough to put on a show, but small enough to pass by undetected. Who knows if they were even asteroids to begin with.

Just some thoughts, no convictions.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:41 AM
link   
You would think that the people who were actually there would be able to discern what it is better than anyone who was not there. Looking at a crappy online video leaves little room for anything other than speculation. This is not a space ship, rc plane, or asteroid. Its unknown.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Hi all, i have a sighting of a green meteor posted here, which two friends and i saw. Here's my post from another thread:

Originally posted by Jimjolnir
That is an amazing shot! I think this might be the place to ask, did anyone see a green meteor bearing down verticaly, at a slight angle on the 30 july? From the end of my driveway in Waterfall, Durban, South Africa, it fell to a West-South-Westerly direction. It was a beautiful sight, it went from a point of white light to as big as a dime and green in like 2-3 seconds! Then went from view behind some trees
, almost jumped out of the drivers seat trying to get my mate to notice before it vanished. another mate of mine about 8kilometres away (who we were on our way to) also saw it. Because of the distance I feel this ruled out the possibility of a flare or firework. So, did anyone else out there see this?

Well, i'm on my phone so it's hard to be more involved in researching these incidents, we seem to be on a good path here. Keep up the good work. I'll be keeping up to date with this thread. It's strange that the direction of these sightings seem relative. Even mine from a month and a half ago. I do wonder if they aren't just an unexpected meteor shower. It is strange to consider the military and road blocks occuring. To the bottom of this we must get, yes.

.. Just to add, it left the longest trail i've ever seen from a meteor.

edit on 2011/9/15 by Jimjolnir because: Damn cell phone postings!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
You would think that the people who were actually there would be able to discern what it is ...

Oh heck no.

And, i hope no one gets offended, but in California in particular people "see a lot of stuff".

One problem with such sightings, whether it was a real "UFO" now or really only a meteor, is that once it hits the media and more people are looking up due to the media coverage - people will report EVERY light and strange thing...so we can expect a WHOLE LOT of "sightings" in the coming days due to the coverage on big sites like CNN etc. And, whether you want to believe it or not, 98% of those sightings WILL be something more or less ordinary since the majority of people "looking up" do NOT have an insight knowledge of military craft, weather phenomena or astronomy. Sigh.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lighterside
Whoa, I was surprised to find this. I was actually going to post a question as to if there was a meteor shower tonight. I'm in Salt Lake City, about 2-3 hours ago, I caught the glimpse of a very bright shooting star out the window. Almost borderline fireball. About an hour after that, I saw another one, in almost the same spot while outside on a walk.

Thought I would share what I saw from here in SLC.

I reside in SLC as well. I didn't see a thing bummer. I heard that something landed in Vegas. Anyone know anything about that?

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join