It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Riverside, Orange County Residents Reporting Strange Lights In The Night Sky

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Universe Today

Interesting video about this strange light. I believe I saw this light earlier while i was observing Venus from Los Angeles area. It had an orange color to it. I thought it was more of a flash, but interesting nevertheless. So this is what it was...Cool

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
CNN played this amateur video:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Hello, all.

Long time reader, first time poster.

Unfortunately, I did not personally witness the "meteor" from this evening. However, I need to weigh in on the second story (the zig-zagging light). Forgive me if this seems lazy, but I've just finished writing a post replying to the report from CBS Los Angeles at losangeles.cbslocal.com...-187874, and for the sake of time I'm just going to copy and paste it here.

"I have seen this “mystery light” before. One evening in September of ’06, I was leaving a buddy’s house in Fontana, CA when I looked to the South and witnessed a light behaving in nearly the exact same manner as the one in this video. I called my buddy out to the yard, as well as his family, and the five of us watched as it flew in straight lines, in all directions, making sharp ninety degree turns and stopping in midair for seconds at a time. It was difficult to estimate its size, but it was close enough to see that the entire time it was very clearly engulfed in flame, a “fireball” if you will. After some time flying around like this, it began to drop burning pieces off of itself that fell toward the ground, then it appeared to fly away and disappeared.

One year later, within about a week of the date of the original sighting, I was leaving the SAME HOUSE and witnessed it again, with the same family. All five of us watched it behave in almost exactly the same way. I can’t stress enough the coincidence of these two events.

Around Christmas of the following year I saw a news report very similar to the one above in which footage was shown from the helicopter patrol ship of a San Diego area police department (I can’t remember exactly which one) that recorded the same thing on their FLIR. “Experts” commented that it could have been anything from an amateur hot air balloon made from a candle and a plastic bag, to a small aircraft with a fuel leak.

Really?

I’m left to believe that all of these sightings are of the same source, or closely related. Obviously enough, I don’t think anyone would disagree that this does not fly like ANY kind of aerospace technology that I’ve ever heard of. Especially not while engulfed in flame! Clearly this could be something completely unknown to the public, but as an active duty Air Force aviator, I like to think I’m no stranger to most aircraft and their general characteristics. This was something entirely other, it could not possibly have been any kind of rotary or fixed wing aircraft, nor was it behaving in a way that would suggest any sort of meteor or falling satellite.
For years I’ve been telling this story, constantly wondering and periodically searching the internet for similar sightings. I’m once again left empty-handed, right along with everyone else wishing to know just what this thing is."

So, in summary...

- I've personally witnessed this zig-zag light twice before.
- Both instances were in almost exactly the same place, time, and approximate date.
- Due to its confusion with the "meteor" sighting in the Southwestern US tonight, this is easily the most well publicized report of the SAME, RECURRING sighting that has been in the back of my mind nearly every night for five years.
edit on 15-9-2011 by EightSix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Hi Guys - I was at this last night to but was exhausted from working an event all day and fell asleep too soon for my liking.

I read a few pages back that you guys were trying to look for some reports of the "sightings around the world". Well I didn't find anything to corroborate Australia, but I do see reports coming up of a "Meteor" sighting in Canoas, Brasil".

I'm looking for a news article now.

*Side Note: I woke up at 6am for the first time in years. My local news stations (Philly) are all showing videos of the Riverside and Arizona sightings. And yes, last night when this first was reported, many people across Twitter were stating that the roads were closed near the estimated landing/crash site and that the area was also "glowing". I am having a hard time finding links to these reports. Have to head back to work in an hour but I'll keep at it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I hope they are here...
Not saying they are but it would be cool. I'm sure you know who I mean by they

Some cool vids been put up so thank you. Would they usually block roads off etc if it was a meteor?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   
I woke up to see that huge light over Phoenix on the TV.
Can someone tell me about what time that was??
I need to check with my brother but its way too early to call over there.
Thanks!

Diapers, please!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Sorry, how do we know this isn't the satellite NASA told us for several days, every day, would be breaking apart and making it through the atmosphere any time now, falling they knew not where?

Does anybody here read actual news, or just come here and go to youtube for their information?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru
Sorry, how do we know this isn't the satellite NASA told us for several days, every day, would be breaking apart and making it through the atmosphere any time now, falling they knew not where?

Does anybody here read actual news, or just come here and go to youtube for their information?
. I think we come here to try to get to the real story.
Fox news just doesn't do it for most of us. And NASA lies like a rug.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Newcasters on at least two different local TV stations have already said they had checked with NASA and were told it was not space junk.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Heh, you think I get news from Fox. That's cute. You know, there's a lot of better sources of information out there -- you have to look internationally, for the most part, if you're in the states.

However, I agree that NASA's story may be false. I just wonder why people act all surprised when it's been announced to them over and over that strange lights and objects will be appearing in the sky any minute now, whether NASA is lying about their origin.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
This seems sorta like the Pre-Game show before the Main Event

I'm sure there will be lot more of the Heavens and Space related news in the MSM
this year

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
What NASA starting a cover story again? If a satelite was to come down, like Skylab of old, it would have been on most media. Why the subtle news release? They covering for Elenin/Nibiru?
I can ask, as NASA have been sidestepping many requests for updates and news feed on the comet/brown dwarf threat..

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragon047
What NASA starting a cover story again? If a satelite was to come down, like Skylab of old, it would have been on most media. Why the subtle news release? They covering for Elenin/Nibiru?
I can ask, as NASA have been sidestepping many requests for updates and news feed on the comet/brown dwarf threat..

Subtle? It's been absolutely everywhere for days. Nothing remotely subtle about it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
If I remember right there was a small quake in the san diego area yesterday. i think a 4 something, just big enough to get posted on the monitor i watch. i havnt ever seen earthquake lights as some call them, anyone know more about those and if so could the zig zaging one be something like that?

i am sorry if this is off topic, but its less so than some other posts already on this thread. it seemed liked another possible explanation.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I"ve been waiting to see such a thing and I just had to be on the darn phone when this happened.

Does anyone have more info on those road blockages near Las Vegas or Arizona ? I'm curious to hear what is happening with that.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Hi, I live in the area and have always been fascinated by the region of Southern California described in the report. This region has actually been the location for a number of sightings over the last several years. What makes it interesting is that the area in question can also be seen from many of the surrounding regions; it is significant that whatever was seen, was seen simultaneously from at least two different counties from the North, South and East of where it is claimed to have occurred.

Most folks probably assume that SoCal has commercial and residential developments everywhere but that is not the case. We have weird areas of 'desolation' that sort of fall into the cracks because for one reason or another they can't be developed; those are the parts of SoCal that have fascinated me since childhood and the area where this sighting took place is one of them. Here ya go...

*There would be a map here that I spent time I don't have carefully cropping for this thread. I can't get into my pictures to post it. When the staff fixes it I will be back to post it.*

Oh well.

edit on 15-9-2011 by Frater210 because: *

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOneElectric

Wow buddy, I almost forgot the warning signs. He said to look out for zig-zagging objects in the sky, said that they would be an indicator of what is to come......

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Thought I would put together a quick little map of reported sightings taken from the American Meteor Society. ATS upload isn't working for me at the moment so this will have to do for now.

www.amsmeteors.org...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
reply to post by CranialSponge

For what its worth, I'm finding this also on youtube from this evening:

edit on 15-9-2011 by loam because: (no reason given)

Let me guess. Chinese Lanterns. That's no meteor.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Last night I went outside for a few minutes (I live in Michigan).

I looked to the south and could see a very dark line going all the way across the skyline. It was very dark. At first I just thought it was a cloud...but it was long and skinny and literally went across my entire southern view. Thought it was quite odd.

have not read all of this thread so I have no idea if anyone else saw anything similar.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join