It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Widespread reports of meteor over US Southwest

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

I highly doubt that is a video of the event.

Looks like someone just sent in a video thinking it was the same event (which happens a lot).

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

That video actually looks like an RC toy flying in the sky.

Oh really RC toy flying in the sky
thats pretty low to cliam such a thing with NO PROOF.

That was no RC toy flying in the sky, RC Toys cant do such moves nor show such lights.
edit on 15-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
in my opinion, this could be one of two things:

1- a hologram, maybe project blue beam? we already have the tech to create such holograms in the sky.

2- distraction. this is getting way more attention from the media than one would expect it to.

hopefully we'll find out more soon
edit on 15-9-2011 by Youji69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Agent_USA_Supporter

That was no RC toy flying in the sky, RC Toys cant do such moves nor show such lights.
edit on 15-9-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

They also can't be seen from multiple states at the same time.

Gift of prophecy?
Aimless debunking is hardly a desirable talent. There are more than enough reports (maybe not in this thread, but in many others and on the web) to support that:

1. There was a meteor-like event seen over three states (that in some areas, has happened multiple times)
  2. There was a secondary event over NV/AZ with more "UFO" style lights floating around
  3. NASA has confirmed it isn't the ill fated sattelite
  4. FAA has confirmed its not a plane
  5. Vandenburg has confirmed its nothing of theirs (grain of salt)
  6. There are NUMEROUS reports on social media of roads being blocked by the military near impact/landing sites

You want links? Nope. Go find em yourself. I did. Not hard to do here on ATS or the web. A quick look beyond your nose will give you... even more to complain about.

ETA: Am I just stonewalling your opinion to further my own? Nope. I don't know what the secondary stuff was. The main event sure seems like a meteor, but the other stuff is odd. My point is, you don't know what this second event was anymore than we do. (Or NASA/NWS/FAA/etc. for that matter)

A wise man knows that he knows nothing

edit on 15-9-2011 by DamaSan because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   

Oh really RC toy flying in the sky
thats pretty low to cliam such a thing with NO PROOF.

F.Y.I. it wasn't a claim it was a well informed opinion. To be clear, I am talking about the "UFO" in this video:

That was no RC toy flying in the sky,

Oh really, that's pretty low to claim such a thing with NO PROOF!

RC Toys cant do such moves nor show such lights.

We have been here before many times in past threads. You make outlandish remarks that are not even remotely true at all.

RC Toys CAN do such moves, and they CAN show such lights. Actually, I have seen far greater moves and lights come from RC toys.

And here I am proving you wrong once again:

Actually, in the UFO video, the light turns blue when it moves one direction, and red when it goes the other direction. That is common with RC aircraft, and real aircraft. It helps the pilots see which direction the aircraft is going depending on what color is showing. If you imagine an RC aircraft doing circles in that UFO video you can easily see how it could be just an RC craft.

Anyway... to clarify further, I believe what everyone witnessed and is reporting was a meteor. However, the video that is displayed in the news video above is not the object, it's and RC craft. I feel the media and others are mixing multiple events together into one.
edit on 15-9-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Some clarification from Nasa. www.kmov.com...

NASA shuts down UFO rumors

The Associated Press

Posted on September 15, 2011 at 3:10 AM

LOS ANGELES (AP) -- No need for E-T to phone home. That brilliant bright light seen streaking in the Southwestern last night isn't a UFO. A NASA scientist says the fireball was most likely a fragment of an asteroid that entered Earth's atmosphere. Don Yeomans, manager of NASA's Near Earth Object Program, figures the object was about the size of a basketball or baseball, and disintegrated before it reached the ground. He says it happens fairly frequently. People from Phoenix to Las Vegas to the Southern California coast reported the light moving quickly from west to east.
And the video of the blue zig zagging light IMO is just an RC plane with bright blue led lights.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

Thanks for posting.. when I first saw the header for this on ATS I clicked on the OP three links below and this was the first one I was able to view.. amazing. I am no UFO enthuisiast, it is definitely one of the forums or topics I don't bother getting on but when there is news breaking and folks from several different states reporting and calling in to the local news, NASA and the local police stations... I tend to pay attention to what's going on. There is no way this is a meteor or something reentering the atmosphere. Another video I watched right after this was posted was of an Orb floating, this supposedly went on for 10-15 minutes before it shot ACROSS the sky.. meteors "to my knowledge" do not move horizontally... do they? I also found this comment on one of the local news stations comment thread under the story....
marcy
1 hour ago

Share | Flag

I look at the sky nightly, and tonight I saw a red sparkly planet like ufo and it stood still for like 10 minutes and while sparkling the whole time it was really red. Then it started to slowly move down towards earth , this is from chandler in the southern sky once it slowly moved down it lit up really bright and shot down so fast and disappeard , but it stood still for so long it was strange to me so thats why I didnt think it was a meteor,

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

This is the best video (so far) I believe that shows it's activity before rocketing off with a tail, which most everyone I'm sure is going to assume to be a meteor. I'm still waiting on some information from the commentor on one of the local news station that a green object landed a few blocks from someone and was surrounded by the military or local police. It will really suck if that's the last we hear about that, or if it was just some poster who thinks that sort of thing is actually funny.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
reply to post by amfis

This was one of the first videos I watched after catching the thread on here... obviously it was impressive for those who observed live, you can tell by the reaction. People are so on edge right now it just wouldn't take much of an event to throw everyone into a panic. It's sad that we live in a time where we just don't know what is going to happen next, I caught another earthquake thread a second ago saying Cuba has been hit with a fairly large one!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

I highly agree with you, and NASA.

Many people reported seeing a fireball with a tail... that sounds like a meteor. The video they are showing on the media looks nothing like a fireball with a tail. It looks more like an RC aircraft with lights flying in circles.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Eerily, this really reminds me of a video I just watched. It's a great compilation of recent anomalies and ufo sightings throughout the world- the last few minutes has footage of meteor-like objects falling from the sky....starts at 13:30 mark - but I recommend watching the entire video.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Thats the first time i have heard of a RC plane been seen from Phoinex to Las vegas.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy

I highly doubt that is a video of the event.

Looks like someone just sent in a video thinking it was the same event (which happens a lot).

I want to apologize gift0fpr0phecy, I guess I was quick to believe what any video was saying. You're right, I shouldn't just rely on whatever video the MSM decides to throw up on their network. I should have my OWN evidence. Thanks...and I'll be observing the skies for whatever comes my way...if anything.
edit on 15-9-2011 by ledzeppelin489 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
reply to post by aarys

Please do at least try to read and comprehend my posts before you say such foolish things. I never once implied an RC aircraft flew from Phoenix to Las Vegas.

I strictly said that the object people witnessed was probably a METEOR (which can be view from Phoenix to Las Vegas), and the object the media is displaying in the video is an RC aircraft. Two different objects.

Hopefully you comprehend what I said just now.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
reply to post by ledzeppelin489

You don't have to apologize to me, friend. It happens to a lot of people. The media makes more mistakes than most even catch or realize, and it causes a lot of confusion.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by ledzeppelin489

You don't have to apologize to me, friend. It happens to a lot of people. The media makes more mistakes than most even catch or realize, and it causes a lot of confusion.

I definitely won't follow the media any longer when it comes to things like this. I'll be here with tangible evidence whenever I get my hands on any.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by missanthropic

great video! but now I'm going to have nightmares tonight...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
The vid on the news report is definitely an rc plane/helicopter my neighbors have some and they're constantly flying them over the houses, the busy road and generally being a nuisance. That other video is very interesting though... As far as I know metors don't pause in the sky then take off, they generally keep it movin, and fast.

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
reply to post by DamaSan

Originally posted by DamaSan
They also can't be seen from multiple states at the same time.

I never EVER claimed that an RC toy was visible from multiple states. In fact, I clearly said it was a meteor. The object in the video from the media appears to be an RC aircraft, and that is my professional opinion.

Gift of prophecy?
Aimless debunking is hardly a desirable talent.

Aimless? Just so you know, I am HOAXKiller1. thehoaxkiller.com... I specialize in video and image forensics, special effects, computer graphics, and many other sciences. I have received multiple donations from research departments from multiple universities for my "hardly desirable talent". I am a firm believer in the existence of extraterrestrial life, and enjoy UFOlogy. As a hobby, I expose hoaxes and disinfo which I believe is ruining UFOlogy.

So lets move on from the insults...

There are more than enough reports (maybe not in this thread, but in many others and on the web) to support that:

1. There was a meteor-like event seen over three states (that in some areas, has happened multiple times)
  2. There was a secondary event over NV/AZ with more "UFO" style lights floating around
  3. NASA has confirmed it isn't the ill fated sattelite
  4. FAA has confirmed its not a plane
  5. Vandenburg has confirmed its nothing of theirs (grain of salt)
  6. There are NUMEROUS reports on social media of roads being blocked by the military near impact/landing sites

You want links? Nope. Go find em yourself. I did. Not hard to do here on ATS or the web. A quick look beyond your nose will give you... even more to complain about.

I don't need links. I have been on top of this since it started, and have read just about everything posted. You are actually late to the party, and I am way ahead of you.

ETA: Am I just stonewalling your opinion to further my own? Nope. I don't know what the secondary stuff was. The main event sure seems like a meteor, but the other stuff is odd. My point is, you don't know what this second event was anymore than we do. (Or NASA/NWS/FAA/etc. for that matter)

You are not doing anything but displaying your lack of reading skills, and showing your foolishness while needlessly ridiculing me.

I agree, there is multiple events. One event was a meteor... And the video being shown on some media outlets I have analyzed and concluded is an RC aircraft flying at night, and several people agree with my conclusion and have concluded the same independently.

A wise man knows that he knows nothing

That quote is flawed logically. It is a contradiction. How does a wise man "know" that he "knows nothing"? How can you "know something" and "know nothing" at the same time?

A real wise man knows how to know anything they desire. Seek and you shall find.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Is it just me that has absolutely no idea what to think. Reading all the comments, watching the videos and looking at pictures has my brain doing loop the loops! (Not a hard task
)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join