It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Widespread reports of meteor over US Southwest

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Wife and I saw 2 or 3 of these objects in the sky last night....but we live in South Carolina. I pointed it at, we have some OK pics as well, it was a bit odd. Happened around 7 EST here (first 2), and saw one when I was driving again at 11 est that was bit smaller.

You could see the black object at the end of the streak it left, it was really cool. We figured it was meteors.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

The various articles I have read...use the two words (most likely) a lot. None of them are saying (definitely) ......so I am thinking...what is it really? Supposedly... it made its final landing in Nevada...and that location is surrounded by the military.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by hudy23

hi and welcome to ats

Could you please upload does pics? I think many will want to see them, i know i will.

Thanks!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by OnlyLove
reply to post by hudy23

hi and welcome to ats

Could you please upload does pics? I think many will want to see them, i know i will.

Thanks!

I know she will prob want to, they are not of great quality that i know of (we just took them and figured it was nothing special, so I have not even looked at them). She was a bit freaked at first, but we do live near an airport....but planes don't generally fly straight up or leave trails like this ....or come from this direction to that airport. It was odd, and it made me come check ATS this morning to see if anyone else saw it (it was so obvious). I am shocked to see how many people have, I had to post.

The only thing that freaked me a little bit now is that I could see at the end of the trail a small black object, solid black. I have seen meteor showers in my lifetime, I do not recall if they look like that or not but I still chock it up to being something like that...honestly it just did not make much sense.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
reply to post by hudy23

Black Helicopter? I saw some posts on another site claiming that people saw Black helicopters involved with this event.....

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
So we still have no idea what it was? i heard it was 2 seperate events, the first sighting was more of a ufo type and the second looked to be a meteor Do we have any further details?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
looks more like falling debris. doesn't look like a meteor. I'd say it's top secrect, what ever it was.
reminds me of the space shuttle falling apart over texas.
edit on 15-9-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
My husband was driving home (San Diego) from Irvine last night and saw it right in front of him. He said it was huge and he could see it for about 15 seconds.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by tamaransd

sigh

I hate myself for saying this because I am not a consp theorist. The only reason we were so distracted by the ones we saw is because they were headed straight up...and I thought it was odd a plane could ascend at that sharp an angle, and leave the trail it did.

Even thought it may be a rocket of some sort....for a good 5 mins (it was visible for a good 15+mins). Had to be a meteor we said, because no plane can do that and no rockets launch from around here for any reason we could think of.

I will post the pics when she gets home later on, I doubt they are that clear. Just wanted to share what we saw, I am actually a bit spooked from reading this morning.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Local morning radio news is playing it off as a joke, and a typical meteor sighting etc.

I'm guessing we haven't found anyone with actual footage of the object yet?

What has been confirmed by many sources is that the object was unusually large for a comet / meteor.

Unconfirmed reports of so called "Black Helicopters" immediately after the sighting, as well as unconfirmed reports of separate sightings of unidentified objects around the same time.

Hope someone comes forward with footage of the event.

And that's the news from Orange County.
edit on 15-9-2011 by yourignoranceisbliss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mentorman
reply to post by muzzleflash

I had a similar experience a few years back. I was driving down the road on a rainy night and saw a meteor wiz across the sky and then brook into several small fireballs of different colors. My brother, a space nut, told me that happens when there are cloud high in the atmosphere. Apparently the moister causes the explosion.

Thanks for the reply, maybe your brother is correct. The one I saw occurred during a partly cloudy night. But only partly, you could still see half the sky.

Also, thanks, you are one of the first people I have ever heard tell me that they have seen a detonating bolide as well. I bet you won't ever forget it! Stuff like this will leave an impression within your mind for a lifetime!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
whoa whoa whoa...i just watched a video from latestufosihgtings.com and it shows this object zig zagging, i dont know how to embed video so just go over to tha sight and take a look..its the news report.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Here in phoenix and we had 4 black helicopters fly over our house last night following this thing, 4 black copters all flying in formation, must of been chasing this thing!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by yourignoranceisbliss

Unconfirmed reports of so called "Black Helicopters" immediately after the sighting, as well as unconfirmed reports of separate sightings of unidentified objects around the same time.

Black unmarked helicopters exist, I have seen enough real life proof to realize that it exists but to what extent is unknown.

However, at night when the sky is dark, how can anyone tell what color a helicopter is in the first place? I know for sure I wouldn't be able to tell you the color of it, especially if it was black.

Also if there were flashing lights (as per regulation), than that would also make it even harder to tell the color of the choppers.

Did anyone get the make / model of the helicopters? UH-1 , MH-60 / HH-60 , Mi-8 or Mi-24 (yes we have a few), AH-6, AH-64, CH-47, OH-58, TH-67, UH-72, HH-65, AH-1, CH-53, VH-3, TH-57, RAH-66, or hell even an MQ-8 ???

That should cover the basic models in service in the US today. If someone was able to get the make of it maybe we could go from there and determine what was going on. Also did anyone mention how many?

Without this type of information it would be impossible to even know if the claims are even reasonably accurate.
edit on 15-9-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by superjesse13132000
reply to post by UberL33t

Here in phoenix and we had 4 black helicopters fly over our house last night following this thing, 4 black copters all flying in formation, must of been chasing this thing!

What? Did you see 'this thing' yourself?

Sorry if I missed you posting it earlier. I will go look.

If you didn't would you please describe every little detail about it?

I don't doubt you, I would just like more information so we can determine what the hell is going on here. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Hey here in Michigan I just saw what appeared to be a meteor at 10:20am. I thought it might of been a plane with black exhaust because I am close to DTW. But it looked like it was falling and on fire. Meteor shower perhaps?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Not sure if anyone has seen this video yet?

CNN

Anyone brave enough to suggest chinese lantern?
edit on 15-9-2011 by 11I11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by tyson45
whoa whoa whoa...i just watched a video from latestufosihgtings.com and it shows this object zig zagging, i dont know how to embed video so just go over to tha sight and take a look..its the news report.

The zig zagging is probably falling debris, meteors don't move like that!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Wouldn't the best place to look for evidence of this be one of the networks of private cameras that are throughout the US and world that capture fireballs and bolides? Like this one here claims it's of the one last night?
elpasoallsky.blogspot.com...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   

This is a snapshot of a still of a viedo taken from a flip phone...

THe greenish fireball leads me to beleive that its space junk falling from the sky and burning up in the atmosphere..

Green fire is usually a result of the burning of copper sulfate. This occurs because when copper is heated, the electrons start to move very rapidly. This rapid movement causes the electon to move through different levels of energy. These different levels of energy cause different colors also known as the light spectrum. You can also cause fire to change colors by burning other chemicals such as lithium chloride (blue) and Calcium Chloride (intense orange).

Read more: wiki.answers.com...

Also, could this be a coincidence with the NASA press confernce being held today? Too obvious to cover up so they are forced to come out with an "official" story? Very coincidental...
edit on 15-9-2011 by Iiquiringmind because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join