It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Widespread reports of meteor over US Southwest

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I caught this thread as soon as it came up along with the other thread about the same sighting.
After reading, I went outside to have a smoke and saw what could've been a contrail. A slim thin cloud going from east to west or visa versa, I couldn't tell because it went from horizon to horizon.

I came back inside. Now its been over an hour and I decided to go back and watch for meteors or whatever. I had forgotten about the cloud/contrail.
Until I looked up and now I am sure its a contrail, now the thin cloud has spread. Now its alot wider just like a contrail does.

I am in the middle of the country, about Kansas City. Could this be the after effects of whatever has landed/crashed or whatever?
I don't know, just thought I would throw it out there. I've never seen contails at night, but haven't really paid attention before.
But I believe whatever has been sighted in AZ and CA flew over here on its way there. Wish I would've seen it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by ledzeppelin489

You can send the media any video of any light in the sky and claim it was the one everyone is talking about, and they will probably air it.

I remember when the news posted the US Army Golden Knights night display holding flares, and they said it was a UFO.

Someone also submitted a high flying jet making a short contrail in daylight, and the media said it was a meteor...

They always want to be the first with exclusive video and they never bother to confirm what they are seeing is correct or not...

I will just wait for other video as I am sure there will be better videos surfacing if this event was large enough.

I'll be sorry?
Um, no.
You probably saw something being viewed with a camera that has a rolling shutter.
edit on 15-9-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

losangeles.cbslocal.com... tm_campaign=men-from-mars

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by gift0fpr0phecy
reply to post by buskey

Doesn't the "everything is a cover up" conspiracy ever get old?

Why can't it just be a meteor?

I saw a video of it earlier on the news and it was doing circles and changing colors. Reports were that it shot down from the sky before it did this. Traveled from east to west for about 15 seconds. I would love to hear the scientific explanation that describes this behavior.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
I just saw this news clip of it. It even popped up on breakingnews.com.
Video is in the link

I am not sure, the media could be just cranking the chains on the hysteria. I do enjoy that twitter,an online social sight, gets the world out well ahead of any news. I can't wait till us 80's babies rule the world. we are just getting started.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Sorry, that video was not the object everyone is talking about. That happens on the media a lot, they even say "we are not sure if this is a video of it"... I am pretty sure it's not. There is no tail, and it's not green.

That video actually looks like an RC toy flying in the sky.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Here's an interesting comment just posted, by a Commercial Airline Pilot flying south of Las Vegas at the time.

Reed Goewey I am a Commercial Airline Pilot and was at an Altitude of 40,000 feet heading West Southwest just South of Las Vegas Nevada heading in to Los Angeles, California. The light was low intensity initially for approximately 4 seconds. Both Pilots noticed it immediately, and watched as it transited towards us and Southward towards the Phoenix area. After 4 seconds or so, the light became extremely bright white and grew in length from BB size initially turned into pea size, and then grew a tail that appeared to be to me 1/2" to 1" long as it streaked across the sky. Half way through the visible burn it turned bright green and white with sparks and obvious pieces separating off the object. Total time from start to finish for us seemed to be longer than 10 seconds. Midway through the event, I broadcast to other aircraft on the frequency to look to the Southwest to see the Fireball. After it was over there were several radio calls from other aircraft remarking about how incredible the view was. It was by far the most amazing event I have witnessed in my 34 years in Aviation. Just wish I had a camera out to capture it for all. Read more: www.abc15.com...

Also a youtube vid uploaded tonight posted in the comments.

edit on 15-9-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Gosh dang this is annoying as heck...

Breaking news about lights in the sky show up, then every charlatan and wanna be photographer sends in random images and videos to the news claiming it is of the object (even if it's not) so they can get paid or some other reason... then more charlatans and frauds come forward and claim it did all these amazing things without any proof of being a witness, and the most annoying part is people like some here in this topic believe it word for word without doing any thinking.
edit on 15-9-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
is it just me... or is this subject matter making anyone else hungry
for a crispy chicken sandwich with tomato and mayo?

Anyways...

Whatever this thing was...

Meteorite... Alien... Project Blue Beam... Etc Etc...

By the eye witness reporting I have stumbled across...

This thing zipped by England/UK to the New England States of the US and all the way to California...

or maybe there are more than one?
Maybe not?

edit on 9/15/11 by EvolEric because: Typo

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   
Finally got a good video.....I know what it is! It's......it's......Dr. Evil!

Sorry, just trying to lighten the mood a bit.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11
Here's an interesting comment just posted, by a Commercial Airline Pilot flying south of Las Vegas at the time.

Reed Goewey I am a Commercial Airline Pilot and was at an Altitude of 40,000 feet heading West Southwest just South of Las Vegas Nevada heading in to Los Angeles, California. The light was low intensity initially for approximately 4 seconds. Both Pilots noticed it immediately, and watched as it transited towards us and Southward towards the Phoenix area. After 4 seconds or so, the light became extremely bright white and grew in length from BB size initially turned into pea size, and then grew a tail that appeared to be to me 1/2" to 1" long as it streaked across the sky. Half way through the visible burn it turned bright green and white with sparks and obvious pieces separating off the object. Total time from start to finish for us seemed to be longer than 10 seconds. Midway through the event, I broadcast to other aircraft on the frequency to look to the Southwest to see the Fireball. After it was over there were several radio calls from other aircraft remarking about how incredible the view was. It was by far the most amazing event I have witnessed in my 34 years in Aviation. Just wish I had a camera out to capture it for all. Read more: www.abc15.com...

Also a youtube vid uploaded tonight posted in the comments.

It's obvious those pilots haven't seen you working it yet!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by EvolEric

OK, that's really freaky, I just sat down with my lunch (it's 1pm here) and saw your post as I'm chowing the sandwich I just made; chicken (crispy fried legs from dinner), tomato, lettuce, cucumber, avacado and mayo!

I kid you not one bit.....holy snap!

ETA: I would have been making it as you posted......have you wired my apartment or something??

edit on 15-9-2011 by buskey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by buskey

OK, that's really freaky, I just sat down with my lunch (it's 1pm here) and saw your post as I'm chowing the sandwich I just made; chicken (crispy fried legs from dinner), tomato, lettuce, cucumber, avacado and mayo! I kid you not one bit.....holy snap!

haha, I'm giving you a star for that!

Thats crazy! Whats the odds?!
Its 2:29am here, and I would give 10 dollars for a chicken sandwich, I'm craving one that bad! lol

ETA: I would have been making it as you posted......have you wired my apartment or something??

on that note muhwahahahaha

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

edit on 9/15/11 by EvolEric because: Typo

No it's not just you, but it's not this subject that is making me hungry believe me!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Americanist

Well aren't you sweet.

However, I'm sure they'd still say that light show was the most amazing thing they'd ever seen.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Well aren't you sweet.

However, I'm sure they'd still say that light show was the most amazing thing they'd ever seen.

I doubt it, but I've also taken into consideration you'd last for more than 10 seconds!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
Well this is an interesting vid on Youtube of the object seemingly moving from side to side. Can also see the blue colors too at one point. Well...this is interesting footage to me. I'm no expert but would a meteorite do that? Move from side to side like that?

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
This story is now ready to be scripted and turned into a blockbuster film...

We Got Romance between Seeker11 and Americanist

We got mystery!
Is it Aliens falling from the sky, just waiting for the right chance to rise up and destroy us all!!

Is it comet fragments...
is it Nibiru?
IS it top secret military experiments?

We have a side story plot aswell...
JudgeDeath and I are secretly plotting to steal the chicken sandwich of buskey... via the use of hidden cameras/wire taps...

Will we succeed in eating that delicious fried chicken sandwich before the aliens kill us?

Dun dun dun...

Its got something for everyone!

edit on 9/15/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

This story is now ready to be scripted and turned into a blockbuster film...

We Got Romance between Seeker11 and Americanist

We got mystery!
Is it Aliens falling from the sky, just waiting for the right chance to rise up and destroy us all!!

Is it comet fragments...
is it Nibiru?

We have a side story plot aswell...
JudgeDeath and I are secretly plotting to steal the chicken sandwich of buskey... via the use of hidden cameras/wire taps...

Will we succeed in eating that delicious friend chicken sandwich before the aliens kill us?

Dun dun dun...

edit on 9/15/11 by EvolEric because: (no reason given)

Hey, I'm still lining myself up for the casting couch, but I appreciate you could see us on the big screen!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Americanist

Well aren't you sweet.

I doubt it, but I've also taken into consideration you'd last for more than 10 seconds!

HAH!!! That's the funniest thing anyone's ever said to me. I think I shall withold any more comments on that subject.
More to the point (and the topic of this thread) I wonder how long our little light show lasted for...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

How about this?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join