It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Widespread reports of meteor over US Southwest

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
The more and more I look into people who see these "events," the more I am noticing that they see them again the next year around the same area. That news story just furthered my thoughts on it.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by summer5

Originally posted by Signals

BETTER PIC -

yfrog.com...

WOAH! What is that??

Any guesses?

I'm fairly sure that's a still of an unmanned cargo shuttle from the ISS breaking up, filmed a while back.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ThePawnsTheory
The more and more I look into people who see these "events," the more I am noticing that they see them again the next year around the same area. That news story just furthered my thoughts on it.

There are meteor showers at regular times of year, tied to comet debris. That may explain the impression of a regular pattern of events.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Certainly that still is nothing to do with the actual footage, which simply looks like a large meteor.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

While i believe this is more likely than the ET theory, I feel like anyone watching it would be able to track it through it's arc, and maybe even the impact. My father has worked for a couple of companies that have launched atmospheric research satellites, and you are able to visibly track the lights from the rocket, even during daytime, for a short while. Allot longer than the 4-5 seconds that is alleged by eye-witnesses. From all the decent evidence given, i feel comfortable concluding at least one of the 2 alleged events was nothing more than a meteor, as for the other that was reported to hover for 15 seconds or minutes, memory eludes me, there is simply not enough credible evidence to conclude anything.

www.youtube.com...
The poster of this video has dozens of other purported videos, of ufo's which all appear to be the same featureless white light, which leads me to believe this poster is just a view's farmer. For those of you who don't know, you can make money from receiving regular and numerous views on videos that you post to youtube, as you are providing something people will go to in a consistent fashion, so the advertising for the website can be targeted to these numerous viewers. Jfrissina is one, along with most of the video's posted by anyone with over 100,000 views. These are the people that kill credibility for the people who have actually seen a UFO, and this practice is disgusting in my honest opinion.

www.youtube.com...
the poster of this video focus's on LA News anchors, i think. Although the video contained inside of the blue, red, and green, color shifting light, seems to be an object with at least 3 different sides, for 3 different colored lights, flying just over the edge of a highway, in a very tight circle, and appears to fly back downwards towards the end of the video. It reminds of an experience i had a couple months ago, in which a friend of mine had a remote control helicopter with the same colored LED's attached to it. We took it out at night to fly it in the parking lot of our condo, and the all the nearby street lights were blocked out by the tree at the edge of the parking lot (why i loved that place so much), so as soon as the remote controlled helicopter got about 15-30 feet away, the shape of the helicopter was no longer visible, and all we could really see was the bright lights. I'm pretty sure it had blue on one side, red on the other, and green on the tail rotor, specifically so it could be flown at night and you would know how it was oriented. But it wasn't the light that really made me think it was a toy helicopter, rather the tight circle which it flew in, which pretty much fit the footprint of the helicopter i got to ply with, flying in a 4-6 foot diameter circle. Although i am not a video expert, like gift0fpr0phecy, i feel comfortable in my conclusion, although i am eager to see any decent evidence surface. However i feel like we are now in a period where fraudulent videos will be surfacing as soon as they can be made after any widespread UFO claim, so the likelihood of a legitimate video surfacing while people like jfrissina are making money filling the internets with their garbage is just disappointingly slim.

www.youtube.com...
Watch out for these people by checking the poster, before posting.

Sourpill

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by seeker11
Well this is an interesting vid on Youtube of the object seemingly moving from side to side. Can also see the blue colors too at one point. Well...this is interesting footage to me. I'm no expert but would a meteorite do that? Move from side to side like that?

edit on 15-9-2011 by seeker11 because: (no reason given)

Unfortunately I was at work and didn't see anything. But this particular video with the light dropping to earth reminds me a lot of this one in Utah:

youtu.be...
youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Heh, all of this reminds me of old debunkers argument, that if UFO indeed existed, we would have more nice clean videos of them, since nearly everybody now owns camera in their phone, and many have hand-helds.
So here we are, thousands saw it,nobody will deny it, yet we have only few grainy videos of this event. Something to think about, huh?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
I think the explanation for this could be a satellite from the 80s that lost its orbit as reported on cost to coast am the other night.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by stainlesssteelrat
Heh, all of this reminds me of old debunkers argument, that if UFO indeed existed, we would have more nice clean videos of them, since nearly everybody now owns camera in their phone, and many have hand-helds.
So here we are, thousands saw it,nobody will deny it, yet we have only few grainy videos of this event. Something to think about, huh?
\

This one doesn't seem too grainy to me.

www.abc15.com...

It's not a youtube video though. However, the man who took it is interviewed by the reporter. I think this is a solid piece of evidence, maybe the only one we've got that's credible? For the 2nd event anyhow.

By the way, this is not the first video from abcnews15, this is the second video they got at a baseball field.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by hadituptohere

You sir, have just made me laugh, thank you! Not quite snorting beer wrong ways through the nose, but still quite pleasant and I felt it worth mentioning. Seeing as how we are all so uncontrollaby and inexplicably one, I think its time you had me another beer and spread a little love. Or get incredibly wasted. Its up to us. Oh look, a Unicorn spirals by, hardly flapping a wing. Its the future, Unicorns only have 1 wing. They've been genetically modified by evil corporations. They fly like Sycamore seeds that small kids throw to see them spiral gently to the ground. I can't tell us any more of the story as we'd best be off before we get murdered in our beds by strangers in crisp black suits. Or we need to prepare for our new alien masters. It must surely be one of the two?

On a side-note, have you ever considered a career in the movies? Methinks you have a talent Steven Spielberg could surely use. He certainly crucified War of the Worlds and I was a big fan of the original dammit! Tom Cruise and CGI do not necessarily a good movie make. I can't write films, I can only watch em. Or maybe I've just not been "programmed" for that? Spooky! Anyway, I wouldn't know where to begin or spoil the movie for myself but I reckon there'd be some alien influence or reference in there somewhere, just to try and be cool...or maybe also an all-knowing, masonic, evil, shadowy illuminati type person (cue moody lighting) hell bent on world domination and ...

On-topic. I did watch the good copy (?) of the US tv station film of it on youtube and it looked to be burning up beautfully in the sky, green with a white/yellowy/reddish trail. I have no conspiracy theories but like a previous poster noted, the green could represent copper from the old classroom chemistry experiment. Kinda like 'Does it blend?' but with fire and looking at the resulting flame colour. Anyway, seeing the green did make me think of the satellite they already predicted was going to fall. I have no idea what satellites are made of but I would guess a lot of metal. Looked nice though. Fireworks, cosmic or otherwise are always cool to see, for real.

Oh yeah, it did appear to break into pieces. Again, no clue what that might mean apart from big, possibly. Star to OP and you.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by seeker11

Very nice vid, still, if that would happen during night, we woudnt have it
I just wanted make general point, not that I am convinced yet, what this thing was. I didnt even open the topic, till I saw it on international news sites.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I have absolutely nothing constructive to add, as I didn't see it except for the Youtube and ABC15 videos. The one thing that sticks in my mind though, is that there were TWO events taking place within minutes of each other.

It's rare that I read every post in a 15 page thread, but this one definitely has my attention and that is exactly what I did. Stars and Flags for everyone!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I've seen one large fireball meteor once about 12 years ago here in Missouri and it looked very similar to this, only a bit smaller.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by infrared

Wow. This newscast video shows a UFO or something that looks like it is flying, sorta like a kite would. Right to left, then swing back right to left. Just LIKE a kite flying pattern.

The way this light is moving is Identical to this witness statement @ 45:10 in the Stan Deyo "UFO's are here" way back in 1975. What if its the same UFO? 36 years later?

BTW, I am sick and tired of hearing about a genuine UFO sighting, then 45minutes later the Military drops flares or conviently has a training in the SAME area to have a verifyiable (and reportable) excuse as a cover to what UFO event preceeded. Do they think we are stupid?
edit on 16-9-2011 by GodKilla because: Youtube link fixed.

edit on 16-9-2011 by GodKilla because: Youtube again

posted on Sep, 17 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Are they still don't know where it came from, nor what was this object? Science guy on ofe of broadcasts called it 'isolated type of meteor' hehe.
Any response from Near Earth Object Program or JPL Small-Body database?
I mean this thing obviously had to been quite large, isn't that why they exists and being funded for?

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by UberL33t

Widespread reports of meteor over US Southwest

twitter.com

Widespread reports of a meteor over the US Southwest, from @AzCentral to @NBCLA (AZ to CA)
(visit the link for the full news article)

that is insane

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
NASA is saying it's definitely a meteor/asteroid...

posted on Sep, 18 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by JibbyJedi

I agree that was a meteor. I'm still interested in finding out what Brien McElhatten of ABC15news saw 30 minutes prior to that.

posted on Sep, 20 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by stainlesssteelrat
Are they still don't know where it came from, nor what was this object? Science guy on ofe of broadcasts called it 'isolated type of meteor' hehe.
Any response from Near Earth Object Program or JPL Small-Body database?
I mean this thing obviously had to been quite large, isn't that why they exists and being funded for?

Astronomer lady in the news clip said no more than the size of a baseball, didn't she? These things are very high up and moving extremely fast. Their brightness gives an impression of greater than actual size. Near Earth Object program is for things a few miles across or less. That's the difference we're talking about.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   
There is no evidence that either object is a meteor. It is all speculation and conjecture.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join