It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Widespread reports of meteor over US Southwest

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Just throwing this out there, a few pages late. There have been people who have called 911 for dumber reasons than seeing a meteor.

www.oddee.com...

I guess people just feel like they HAVE to call somebody and 911 is just the first thing that pops in their mind when they see something out of the ordinary.

I have a feeling we'll be seeing more of these soon, whatever they are.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Lowest "meteor" I have ever seen. When it came over Mesa, Arizona, it was only several thousand feet high and flying straight through the lowest cloud layer lighting it up. It was spraying orange and green sparks.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
i wonder i wonder what will come of this. i just watched the two links posted and a witness said there were two events and one disappeared into the atmosphere and came back. i must say i am pretty eager to see that comes of this. hopefully it will not just disappear into the news cycle. also reports of those pesky black helicopters. keep this thread alive!!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by CigSmokinMan

I can tell you what will happen. Ever watched Meteorite Men on TV? They take the videos and extrapolate a flight path of the meteor then they go out and find as much of it as they can, then they record the GPS data of where they find the pieces, and then.....

They make HUGE amounts of money selling the pieces...not always but it varies by type of meteorite, size, shape, weight and scarcity. It is very lucrative if you have the desire and time to go hunt them. It's quite surprising the amounts they get for specimens.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Springheel Jack

witnesses reported two events. not just the incredibly glowing meteor, but of a possible "craft" i want follow ups

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Hey guys, I have been browsing this site for a little over a year now and I registered today just to give some information. I work in Apopka, FL and I was outside on the phone between 7:17 and 7:23 (the call lasted 5 mins 47 seconds). and at sometime during this conversation I see something in the sky. It's a very bright, white streaking object coming down to Earth at an angle.

I was looking to the North at the time and the object was coming down, from the east towards the west. I remember seeing it, and ignoring the person on the phone with my mouth wide open. It was extremely bright and defined and had a long white streak behind it. I immediately thought it was an aircraft on fire coming down, because I saw flashes of light inside the tip of the object, and as I watched it I noticed the flashes were red/orange sparks, looking as if pieces were breaking away.

I witnessed this for maybe 4-6 seconds until it disappeared out of my line of vision because of the woods ahead of me. I even stood silent there for about 30 seconds expecting to hear the sound of collision. Nothing. I then immediately started scanning the skies but my job requested me, so I couldn't finish gazing. The whole scenario seemed pretty weird, and I've witnessed shooting stars and such before, just nothing like this that has me feeling mystified after.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I wonder if this could be something that Elenin knocked out of place.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
This was a planned satellite shoot down.
You can clearly see the first stream of light
with a tail is rocket going up hitting the satellite
then 40 min later the satellite is seen falling down
from the sky in a bright ball of light.
Now the question is, who really shot it down?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by JudgeDeath
And so it begins...dun dun dun dun!
2nd

Yes Remember Oct 28/11 D4rk Knight

Ya the story line is really picking up speed

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

How do you explain that manner of zigzagging back and forth?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixlights321

So is there no verdict on this one? I have been thinking about the zigzagging, it might be cloud cover giving off that illusion.
edit on 15-9-2011 by imitator because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by phoenixlights321

Just throwing this out there, if no-ones mentioned it..............ball lightning maybe?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   
What ever it is it it burns green,bright white and orange and I'm sure copper burns green magnesium burns bright white and aluminium burns orange so it could have these on it.I'm not sure if this is right just thought I would state this

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

I've posted this account on another thread, but I think it applies here just as well. There are two distinct stories from last night that have been jumbled together. The "meteor" that was seen from LA to Phoenix, and the zig-zagging lights (primarily reported in Southern California). Regarding the latter, this is something I've seen before. One evening in September of ’06, I was leaving a buddy’s house in Fontana, CA when I looked to the South and witnessed a light behaving in nearly the exact same manner as the one in this video. I called my buddy out to the yard, as well as his family, and the five of us watched as it flew in straight lines, in all directions, making sharp ninety degree turns and stopping in midair for seconds at a time. It was difficult to estimate its size, but it was close enough to see that the entire time it was very clearly engulfed in flame, a “fireball” if you will. After some time flying around like this, it began to drop burning pieces off of itself that fell toward the ground, then it appeared to fly away and disappeared.

One year later, within about a week of the date of the original sighting, I was leaving the SAME HOUSE and witnessed it again, with the same family. All five of us watched it behave in almost exactly the same way. I can’t stress enough the coincidence of these two events.

Around Christmas of the following year I saw a news report very similar to the one above in which footage was shown from the helicopter patrol ship of a San Diego area police department (I can’t remember exactly which one) that had a brand new, recent recording of the same thing on their FLIR. “Experts” commented that it could have been anything from an amateur hot air balloon made from a candle and a plastic bag, to a small aircraft with a fuel leak.

Really?

Needless to say, this could not possibly have been any kind of rotary or fixed wing aircraft, nor was it behaving in a way that would suggest any sort of meteor or falling satellite.

For years I’ve been telling this story, constantly wondering and periodically searching the internet for similar sightings. Here it is once again...

edit on 16/9/2011 by EightSix because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Ball lightning... right. :-P

Physics question here, as I can't answer it.

How could a meteorite travel at that speed for such a long distance (over multiple states) in such a low portion of the atmosphere? I would expect to to be REALLY FAST or to slow down in the horizontal axis extremely fast from air resistance.

I do not understand how something could keep this kind of largely horizontal trajectory for so long at that speed, which also seems fairly constant (you can tell it's going slow because it's close enough to be seen going in and out of clouds in that video at the ballpark).

I don't think it could have come into the atmosphere at a high speed, otherwise something would have had to slow it down (air), and that would have continued slowing it down even more...

I agree that if I had to guess I would guess satellite coming out of orbit... but the speed/altitude/distance it covered still makes no sense to me...

If we're placing bets, perhaps it is just a meteorite or satellite, and it really was much higher where the air is still super thin/gravity is weak (perhaps it just looked like it was going into the clouds when it was really behind them). Not really happy with that explanation though (as it's not an explanation, heh).
edit on 9/16/2011 by AkumaStreak because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by phoenixlights321

It is night time.there are clouds. Many new missiles and rockets have been devoloped that have a zigzagging effect look to them.

Japan just tested this new vortex missile launch doing the exact same thing in april.
I'M telling you folks this was someone (hopefully the us) shooting a satellite out of the sky
and that satellite coming down like a bus!! I sure hope china had nothing to do with this.

Originally posted by AkumaStreak
I do not understand how something could keep this kind of largely horizontal trajectory for so long at that speed, which also seems fairly constant (you can tell it's going slow because it's close enough to be seen going in and out of clouds in that video at the ballpark).

Your right no object on its own is going to be able to do that.
A missile goes on a trajectory track.

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by phoenixlights321

Just throwing this out there, if no-ones mentioned it..............ball lightning maybe?

No not ball lightning

that is ball lightning.

What you are seeing is a satellite being shot out of the sky
with a missile and that satellite falling to earth.
edit on 16-9-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

First event as seen in this video at 55 seconds, the missile going up www.abc15.com...

This is the second event, 40 min. later.
the satellite falling from the sky..

edit on 16-9-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Another random question:

Can a meteorite in its own ball of fire experience less air resistance if the air around it is literally being vaporized/made more like a vacuum somehow? Not sure if this happens, just asking.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Could it be... Nibiru?

The Nibiruns are attacking! The Nibiruns are attacking!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

If I was into toilet humor, I might would make a joke about Nibi-runs here, but thankfully I am a man of class.

edit on 16-9-2011 by ThePawnsTheory because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
same thing happened last year.. this is from sept. 2010.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join