It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Widespread reports of meteor over US Southwest

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I hope you guys don't mind if I pass a little piece of information on.

eh, hem...

It's not a meteor.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyingSpaghettiMonster

Depends on if you can get an original copy. Used to be a couple of people here that are expert at video's but I've not notice them around lately. I think they get tired of attempting to educate only to be attacked by Trolls. Sad too because this place would be a more valuable tool if not for them being driven away.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
I hope you guys don't mind if I pass a little piece of information on.

eh, hem...

It's not a meteor.

Please, don't leave us hanging in suspense! Tell us what it is and provide your evidence.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It's now dark in the UK, my phone is charged and in my pocket, if i see anything I'll be sure to film it. Keep the updates coming, loving this beraking story

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
Just now I heard what sounded like a HUGE jet about to crash into my house. My son is outside playing, he runs in terrified, we looked around waiting for something to crash or at least become visible. I see nothing, but the roaring noise gets louder. It happened the other night early in the morning. I thought i was going crazy, but this time my son heard it too. It eventually passed. Its a cloudy day, but the other night when I first heard it, It was clear outside. It was so loud, like the sound of something very large flying very fast in the sky.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Here's a local news report of the events.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Here is a link to witness reports of the sighting on the American Meteor Society website. I don't have time to look through them all right now, but have at it!

www.amsmeteors.org...

This meteor needs to be immediately found and eval uated. Fragmentation I witnessed, was BIG debris of red color. This debris did not dissipate immediately, yet fell WITH the meteor and continued to fall in the same direction. The front of the meteor flashed twice, lasting about 2 seconds. This meteor needs to be immediately found and evaluated. This meteor, or this object, was going moderately slow. It came down at an angel. The front of the meteor was a neon green with a surrounding color of blue. It looked as if something was breaking off the sides of the top, because it was sparking red. VERY big red debris. I have never seen anything like this in my 7+ years of observing the sky. Nothing.

The train was a very bright white and sparking out ward tremendously. The train started off about 30 degrees and over the 8-10 seconds of viewing it, the comet diminished to no trail. During this time it turned from a bright white to a light green. Toward the end of the viewing it turned completely light green, the train stopped, and soon was out of view.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Violetshy

You near a military base? When they test engines at the Air Force base here we get the same. I used to live on that side of the City and it would get very loud. Found out later what it was.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mahoosta
Here's a local news report of the events.

look at 2:40 at the video and you tell me what you see that is not directional movement and i see 2 spots moving

False Flag?????where any reported to be planned at this time
edit on 15-9-2011 by GodofWar411 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

I've lived here on and off for 10 years, the nearest base is about 2 hours away. Its an artillery base though, I grew up there and its different. It sounds like a train, but the train nearest to our house sounds very faint compared to this. I did notice there is some strange construction going on (I live on a farm in the country), somewhere nearby, I can hear weird clanking and what sounds like dump tricks..but there are no known mechanical tools that I know of that could sound like a hundred helicopters flying over my house. I did live by an airport before once, and right by a railway, but it was louder than both.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

Sorry but the RC Videos dont prove that it was a RC Toy
it was coming from space into earth, alot of states have seen it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

We should not go off topic like this, but it does sound very odd. Post a thread if you figure it out. I was in Industrial Construction for 10 years in my youth and I can't think of anything that would sound like that.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Does anybody know a more accurate description of the area this was observed from ?
Is there an airport nearby ? Could check NOTAMS... etc

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Iiquiringmind

I have seen the greenish falling objects about 7 years ago and from what I seen, it most likely was man made space rubbish. As it entered the atmosphere, it broke up into a few bits, but it still did not move around as if it was under control.

Even to see what this meteor/space junk done over parts of the USA is mind boggling. I did hear that a satellite was due to fall in the ocean but do not remember if NASA or anyone else had set a date for it.

news.yahoo.com...
Maybe this is the culprit, but has fallen a bit earlier than expected.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Thought I would put together a quick little map of reported sightings taken from the American Meteor Society. ATS upload isn't working for me at the moment so this will have to do for now.

www.amsmeteors.org...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Do you happen to live in Colorado? Because about 20 min or so ago (it's 3:05 pm Thu 9/15), I heard the same thing, it sounded like it was going to crash into my house, with this horrible whistling sound, very high-pitched, getting louder and louder and louder and closer and closer, until suddenly the high whistling sound went away and all I heard was the normal rumbling sound from what sounded like a military jet. I hear military jets fly over me all the time, being situated b/w colo springs and denver, but this was unusual and followed by 1 or 2 more "regular" ones a few minutes later.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
I work in San Marcos,CA and I saw the object last night.
My eyewitness account is as follows;
I worked till 11:00pm last night with lunch around 7:30. I don't remember the exact time I was driving to lunch. I was waiting in my car to cross San Marcos blvd from Grand ave. This puts me facing due south. I saw a large green light with little to no tail heading due east. I thought at first that it was a police helicopter but I heard no sound the realized it was flying higher than I thought considering how long it was visible for. It took maybe five seconds to get out of view over the hills to the east. From the angle in was able to observe it from the flight path was a ways south of San Marcos. Another employee where I work said he also saw it and said he saw a trail of orange debris behind the object. He saw it for longer than I did as I did not see it until it had passed over head. That may explain why all I saw was the green light. It was moving very fast. Think helicopter at 75' flying 95mph and that's about as fast as it appeared.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
1st the blackouts

now the UFO or meteors being seen

OH MY! END DAYS!lmfao

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

can someone get me a rock of the meteor hit? I heard that it is metal like nothing on Earth.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Screwed
Some of us don't twitter account, could you fill us in as to why this is a big deal?

Twitter doesnt need an account to read

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join