It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Creationists

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
There is no physical evidence. In fact the evidence indicates that Jesus NEVER EXISTED! The evidence shows that Jesus is mythological just like Horus, Zeus, Apollo, RA, Aphrodite, etc. etc.

Jesus is a myth. God is not real. The bible is not truth. END OF.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by idonotcollectstamps

YES! Finally im hearing Logic.

Praise the Zeitgeist!!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I believe there are historical records of jesus of nazareth being crucified by pilate. I believe it was a roman historian, and a jewish historian (josephus ?)

so I really think you have to at least acknowledge he did exist
edit on 14-9-2011 by syrinx high priest because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by syrinx high priest

Please provide this Evidence because it is certainly clear that Jesus was stolen from other Gods.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

“Come, Holy Sauce, Creator blest, and, in our pasta, give us thy rest...”
All hail the flying spaghetti monster.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0

Please provide this Evidence because it is certainly clear that Jesus was stolen from other Gods.

please don't be lazy and go find it yourself, and no I am not flying you to rome to see the originals

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:35 PM
link   

No. Its clear he didnt exist and im not wasting another second to look for Proof of such Fairy Tales.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

when i think of christianity i immediately think of a solar cult. which is really what christianity is; a solar cult based on ancient druidism and astro-theology. this is probably why we see so many religions share many similarities: they are all, for the most part, based on the ancient religions of our ancestors, who worshiped the heavenly bodies such as the sun, moon, stars, and planets (including our own earth).

that's not to say i don't respect the religions themselves. they are very esoteric and they do contain a certain degree of human knowledge. just that the knowledge embedded in the religious myths is not apparent to every reader because most readers only take books such as the bible at face value.

that is another issue i have with people who claim to be religious but they don't know the first thing about their own religion. just because you go to church once a week and sit down and turn your mind off for an hour or two, this does not make one christian or jewish or muslim. one must investigate the the details and discover the truths about their dogma before they can consider themselves to be members of that particular religion.

well, that was my rant!

i am not a religious person, i do consider myself spiritual, as cliche as that sounds, but i enjoy investigating religions in order to get at the deeper meaning behind their scriptures. it's all astro-theology!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Actually there are NO records of Jesus EVER having existed even as a regular man. HE NEVER EXISTED! The entire person is made up. Fictional. Imaginary. Non existent. As in never was never has been never were didn't happen.

Research it for yourself. Do niot take my word for it. Stop believing some nice friendly dude dressed in pretty garments standing up in front of a room on a raised platform behind a podium chanting, singing songs trying to bribe you with pot luck dinners. Yes it is hard to resist that type of convincing and temptation but do the hard dirty work. Read about it for yourself. Check the sources. The truth is out there if you dare to seek the very hard difficult answers.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

No. Its clear he didnt exist and im not wasting another second to look for Proof of such Fairy Tales.

Josephus on Jesus
Flavius Josephus (c. 37–c. 100), a Jew and Roman citizen who worked under the patronage of the Flavians, wrote the Antiquities of the Jews in AD 93. In these works, Jesus is mentioned twice, though scholars debate their authenticity. The one directly concerning Jesus has come to be known as the Testimonium Flavianum.

In the first passage, called the Testimonium Flavianum, it is written:

About this time came Jesus, a wise man, if indeed it is appropriate to call him a man. For he was a performer of paradoxical feats, a teacher of people who accept the unusual with pleasure, and he won over many of the Jews and also many Greeks. He was the Christ. When Pilate, upon the accusation of the first men amongst us, condemned him to be crucified, those who had formerly loved him did not cease to follow him, for he appeared to them on the third day, living again, as the divine prophets foretold, along with a myriad of other marvellous things concerning him. And the tribe of the Christians, so named after him, has not disappeared to this day.[102]

for someone with such strong beliefs, refusing to educate yourself on the issue makes you look like a fool

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I think a group of people did a search for people who healed people and did miracles in that time there was a nice list of people none of which was a man named Jesus.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

I'll watch it as soon as you watch this.

Ah, but I'm not the one who is questioning creationism, am I?

This is a thread called "Questions for Creationists".

It isn't called "I am going to disprove creationism".
edit on 14-9-2011 by GeorgiaGirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by idonotcollectstamps

Actually there are NO records of Jesus EVER having existed even as a regular man. HE NEVER EXISTED! The entire person is made up. Fictional. Imaginary. Non existent. As in never was never has been never were didn't happen.

Research it for yourself. Do niot take my word for it. Stop believing some nice friendly dude dressed in pretty garments standing up in front of a room on a raised platform behind a podium chanting, singing songs trying to bribe you with pot luck dinners. Yes it is hard to resist that type of convincing and temptation but do the hard dirty work. Read about it for yourself. Check the sources. The truth is out there if you dare to seek the very hard difficult answers.

there are at least 5 records including greco-roman sources. the issue, as with all records thousands of years old, is if you give them credibility. some do, some do not. what kind of records would you expect to survive thousands of years ? a laminated drivers license ?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Werent these things confirmed to be Hoaxes?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Werent these things confirmed to be Hoaxes?

no, but they are debated. some accept it, some do not. I am not a believer in the bible, or any gospels, but I have always felt there was a man named jesus who lived in the area and developed quite a following. I am the first to point out that the bible contains lots of silly tales (the ark, the rib, etc) but I think it is fair to say he did exist

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Perhaps we evolved, got to a point where the aliens intervened with monkey dna...gave us a bunch of rules to live by, through a good story, in hopes we don`t blow up their test tube.

That would be just as viable as a healing, magical carpenter. Spreading the word of love and forgiveness, noble.

But look what we do with it. We label, hate and kill. No matter what side you are on...the labels and hate gotta stop. We kill for "science" and we kill for "God".

Whether science or religion, the weak link is people.

Deny ignorance. Yeah...right.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Demoncreeper because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
They are Hoaxes.

Watch minute 22 of Zeitgeist. Nice Try though.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Demoncreeper

I believe that Aliens intervened with our Evolution. Could explain the Evolution Gaps and all the things nor Religion or Science cant explain.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   
Hey Zeero?

Splain the Dead sea scrolls for us please.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:50 PM
link   

I will give you the benefit of doubt, because there is historical evidence about Jesus. You can start from here :

Christus, from whom the name had its origin, suffered the extreme penalty during the reign of Tiberius at the hands of one of our procurators, Pontius Pilatus, and a most mischievous superstition, thus checked for the moment, again broke out not only in Judæa, the first source of the evil, but even in Rome,

Source

Now please provide evidence to support your claims.

Peace

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join