It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Creationists

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuppy

Sorry, but on this website calling people childish names and insulting their intelligence does not prove your case. And using the word "goddamn" as a hardcore "christian"? I don't believe that for a second. Don't forget, that just because something makes sense to you, doesn't mean others have to buy into it. Currently there is no objective evidence whatsoever in favor of any religion. Science doesn't "say" anything. It studies and learns based on facts and experiments. It is not abstract in the least.

posted on Nov, 29 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

The truth lies along the path. You can talk and bash all you want, but you will never know the evidence until you seek it.

Also, how about the textbooks you hold so dearly? Just because it was printed with a couple names on the front automatically means it is truth? You accept something like science the same as religion. You were never there for the lab experiments and yet it is the truth to you. But to uncover the truth of science, you follow the path and experiment. Just as someone seeking religion needs to follow the path, experiment, and find truth.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barcs
reply to post by Cuppy

Sorry, but on this website calling people childish names and insulting their intelligence does not prove your case. And using the word "goddamn" as a hardcore "christian"? I don't believe that for a second.

From what I can tell about this section, it's about idiot religious folks talking out their asses about the foolish atheists. And the atheists using names of religious people as insult.

I used the word goddamn. So what? I never described myself as a "hardcore" Christian. What exactly don't you believe?

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuppy

You seem to be evading the legitimate questions that have been posed to you regarding your earlier comments. Any particular reason?

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by iterationzero
reply to post by Cuppy

You seem to be evading the legitimate questions that have been posed to you regarding your earlier comments. Any particular reason?

Becase I'm a dumbass 16 year old who is now only attempting to clear the air on my beliefs.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuppy

Great, then you won't mind answering the questions posed to you in this post.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I notice that non-Christians (a descriptive term, not meant as a slur) appear to be unaware that the word "Christian" is a rather broad label for many variant beliefs. It would be like saying chocolate milk and ice water are identical simply because they are both drinks. (And I don't think that they would mix very well.) There are different writings which are considered holy by different groups. Yes, there is an element of faith involved, but I don't think that blind faith is the best way to describe it. I have faith because what I have read in the Bible -- particularly in the writings of the apostle Paul -- has been verified by experiences in my life. One specific type of experience has happened to me somewhat frequently. I hear/feel/sense (there's not really an appropriate verb for it) that there is a message someone needs to hear, or a scripture they need to read. When I pass along the message, it is just what that person needed to hear. It has occurred too many times to be simple coincidence. However, those experience do correspond with what the scripture says can happen. Call it telepathy if you like, but it does happen, and it verifies the truth of the scripture.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   

... which has never been answered with actual Evidence or Logic for that matter ...

Uhm..you realize that a belief has hardly anything to do with "Evidence" or "Logic"...but with Faith?

The problem comes then when people try to forcefully construct a "science" (pseudo-science) out of a belief system...eg. trying to establish a "new" science they call "Creationism"..and then THINK (or make it appear so) as if it were equal. (The one born from observation & learning..the other from a belief)

Both are legit on its own by the way..but it should not be MIXED together. Disproving religion with science is dumb..so is disproving or doubting science because of a belief. (And every time those two came together in the past..well it turned out BAD)

top topics

<< 7  8  9   >>

join