It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Creationists

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I have an important question to ask, a question which has never been answered with actual Evidence or Logic for that matter.....Where is the Evidence for anything that is said in the Bible? And i dont want that "It was said in the Bible" that just shows how Gullible Creationists can be. But seriously what Evidence has you convinced the World works in the way your Religion says it does?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Considering religion says "do not kill"
and the fact that people are always killing others in the name of religion.

This is a verifiable, repeatable fact that can easily be checked.

With a scientific mind, I can say that its BS.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Although there isn't much physical evidence that proves the contents of The Bible are true.
There isn't any physical evidence to say the contents in The Bible are untrue.
It's up to the individual to either have faith in God, or not.

Can I ask YOU a question?
Why is it so hard for you to let Christians believe in something?
To each his own.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
thats the funny part. besides the bible there is no evidence for creationism at all except faith,

its like me saying aliens invaded the earth in the 1930's and when someone asks for proof i cite orson welles, war of the worlds as evidence

at least evolution has SOME evidence to back it up, even if there are parts missing right now. creationism has absolutely NO proof other than some words in an old book that has been rewritten and edited hundreds of times over the last centuries.

when thinking about the timeline of the universe or even just the timeline of life, why would you believe in something that was concocted in the last 2000 years over the history of the physical world over the last 14 billion years.
edit on 9/14/2011 by xxblackoctoberxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

You gotta do more research man...every year they uncover at least one more thing that was in the Bible. They have found cities, people's dwellings, burial tombs --many things.

Wow, I see you Deny the Holy Spirit. Let me ask you something now...Is your conscience gone yet?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Religion does not require evidence to back up its claims, it is called faith for a reason...all it needs is the blind faith of its followers to function.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

sigh..this is the kind of stuff college is for.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

It shouldnt be like that. If you make a claim you should be able to back it up. And since Religions cant back up their claims such things should be deemed false.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx

when thinking about the timeline of the universe or even just the timeline of life, why would you believe in something that was concocted in the last 2000 years over the history of the physical world over the last 14 billion years.

edit on 9/14/2011 by xxblackoctoberxx because: (no reason given)

You do realize that the "Theory of Evolution" has only been around for 150 years. Right?
You are contradicting yourself.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by OneNationUnder

But have we ever found the Body of a Angel Demon or Nephilim? Did the Rapture ever happen? None of that stuff has been proven as fact. What has you convinced of such things?

I deny anything i know is not real.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Seems like someone is looking for attention today. This is an age old question. Believe in whatever works for you and makes sense to you and leave others alone.

link   
religion is really a matter of faith. some people believe in a higher power and feel that it is a big part of their life. there is nothing wrong with this, but what does give religion a bad name is when we see wars being waged in the name of religion, or when extremists use religion as an excuse for violence.

i think a religion can be a healthy part of a person's life, as long as it does not lead to violence or any other sort of bad deeds.

link   
reply to post by GmoS719

yes but the point is science has advanced exponentially over the last couple hundred years to where we are now, the bible was written before all of our advancements and knowledge when we were much more primitive and it contains no shred of scientific evidence

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
This is more of a general reply, I am a little short on time.

There is a surprising amount of archeological evidence that back up much of the Bible's litergy. In addition there are dozens if not hundreds of copies (full and fragmentary) of both old and new testiment writings that date to within at least 50 years of the actual events being described. In many cases these are much more verifiable then other writings of the period including among other things writings of both Aristotle and Plato.

As far as creationism, not all Christians are young earth literal 7 day creationists. Some beleive God created the earth, but evolution was the process. Others beleive the 7 days were actually 7 geological periods.

Try researching the study of "Christian Apologetcis" which iw the defense of the faith, and WHY the Bible and certain other wirtings (church history, etc.) Are beleived to be reliable. A good place to start is the book, "the Case for Christ" by Lee Stroble.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by xxblackoctoberxx

There are plenty archaeological finds to support what is in the bible.
Have you researched this?
I don't understand what scientific evidence you are asking for?

edit on 14-9-2011 by GmoS719 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by PassedKarma

No im not im just curious.

Why believe something when there is no Proof for it. Do you know how many people died in the "Name of God"? And now it turns out that your God most likely doesnt Exist.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PassedKarma
Believe in whatever works for you and makes sense to you and leave others alone.

I agree completely. I think the OP was provoked by the "Question for Evolutionists" thread.

I wish we could all just have our own beliefs, and let each other be.

There is nothing to gain from getting someone to come to your belief system. And these arguments never change anyone's mind anywho.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DaveWx3

Yes, but Zeer was obviously booty hurt.
Let him cry aloud.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

i have yet to see any actual 'proof' that is not biased to look good for creationism. please feel free mention some proof in particular so i can tell you why its wrong.

thats why i love science, it is based on fact and if something new and unexpected is discovered we can change the way we understand things but creationists try and take what they see and make it fit with their idea by stretching the truth

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

Obviously im asking for Proof. And since you cant provide any your flaming me for your lack of Proof.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join