It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Creationists

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zeer0
I have an important question to ask, a question which has never been answered with actual Evidence or Logic for that matter.....Where is the Evidence for anything that is said in the Bible? And i dont want that "It was said in the Bible" that just shows how Gullible Creationists can be. But seriously what Evidence has you convinced the World works in the way your Religion says it does?

Zeer0, perhaps you could narrow the scope of your request to specifics somewhat? We have plenty of archeological evidence to support various things throughout the bible - confirmation of the descriptions of various cities cited in Acts, apparent destruction by way of assorted 'natural' cataclysms as per the story of Sodom and Gomorrah in that region, the 2nd-temple wall still in Jerusalem, excavations at Jericho confirming the walls and that they apparently fell outward...

What exactly are you looking for here, just confirmation of the spiritual stuff? Please specify as this will help proper responses, thanks.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

reply to post by PassedKarma

No im not im just curious.

Why believe something when there is no Proof for it. Do you know how many people died in the "Name of God"? And now it turns out that your God most likely doesnt Exist.

that's the thing about god, you can't prove he exists, and you can't prove he doesn't exist
religion is merely a question of faith.

humanity has always had its gods and religions, so perhaps it's something to do with human nature and human culture as a whole.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I have an important question to ask, a question which has never been answered with actual Evidence or Logic for that matter.....Where is the Evidence for anything that is said in the Bible? And i dont want that "It was said in the Bible" that just shows how Gullible Creationists can be. But seriously what Evidence has you convinced the World works in the way your Religion says it does?

Creation belief is founded in faith, not evidence. If we required evidence for our faith, then there would be no faith...

But, let me add two things.

1. I am not a strict creationist. I have my beliefs... and they have roots in my faith but also in some logic as well. So... I am not really accepted by either extremist camp.

2. All science is held up by a certain degree of faith. We believe what science tells us to be fact without really ever going to the lab or the telescope or the petre dish ourselves. In truth of fact... or perhaps, fact of truth, the average layman takes 90% of his/her beliefs strictly as an article of faith in science. Without any more than the word of a noted institution or learned scholar, we believe in things like, evolution and the structure of the universe.

In hard point of fact, there is not a single doctrine in science that cannot be argued as being in error. The sum of this should be a realization that we, as a species, are not as bright and as smart as we like to think we are. But more times than not, it serves only as a catalyst for disagreement... which is another human trait and one that neither science or religion can deny.

Cheers

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Praetorius

Mostly the Spiritual Stuff for example: God, Devil , Angles etc

Also i would like to know your explanations for such outlandish claims like: The World is only 6000 years old, How only 2 people can populate the Earth to 6 Billion people in only 6000 years? How can a snake talk? How can a person live in the belly of a fish for a month? All of those Fairy Tale claims.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Watch "The Case for a Creator" by Lee Strobel. He was an atheist whose wife became a Christian. Because he was a journalist, he started off researching to prove her wrong. What he uncovered, however, convinced him that he had been wrong.

Watch it with an open mind. There is some amazing science in this movie.

Here is a link to the first part (of 10). Go to YouTube and watch it all there:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

2. All science is held up by a certain degree of faith. We believe what science tells us to be fact without really ever going to the lab or the telescope or the petre dish ourselves. In truth of fact... or perhaps, fact of truth, the average layman takes 90% of his/her beliefs strictly as an article of faith in science. Without any more than the word of a noted institution or learned scholar, we believe in things like, evolution and the structure of the universe.

In hard point of fact, there is not a single doctrine in science that cannot be argued as being in error. The sum of this should be a realization that we, as a species, are not as bright and as smart as we like to think we are. But more times than not, it serves only as a catalyst for disagreement... which is another human trait and one that neither science or religion can deny.

Cheers

The difference is science is constantly changing.If a theory or sciantific process is proved wrong then it is corrected and science moves forward.But in religion something in the Bible can be proved wrong a million times but it is never changed.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

I'll watch it as soon as you watch this.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Also i would like to know your explanations for such outlandish claims like: The World is only 6000 years old, How only 2 people can populate the Earth to 6 Billion people in only 6000 years? How can a snake talk? How can a person live in the belly of a fish for a month? All of those Fairy Tale claims.

If I may, your avatar box notes your mood as 'Open Minded'. Does the above quote render you a hypocrite or simply as being a little late in changing that box to read, 'Close Minded'?

Really, how can you expect an honest dialogue on this subject if you insult other people's beliefs as such you do in the quote above?

Of course, those are your opinions and you have a right to them. No argument there. I would merely suggest a more straight forward approach so that people know what they are walking into...

edit on 14-9-2011 by redoubt because: typo

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by auraelium

Cheers

The difference is science is constantly changing.If a theory or sciantific process is proved wrong then it is corrected and science moves forward.But in religion something in the Bible can be proved wrong a million times but it is never changed.

Religion cannot be proved wrong. It can only be challenged. Again, faith does not require all the bells and whistles.

You can reach your own point of view and then hold it. That is your right as a free thinking entity. But to tell someone else they are wrong is no different than holding a personal inquisition.

Unfortunately, both science and religion practice this horrible pastime.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I was very open minded about Religion. I believed like everyone else but then when i was young put the pieces together and saw no Evidence for such claims. Does that mean im a bad person? No? Does it mean im Gullible? No again.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

Yes it can. Do you believe all other Religions and Gods are Fantasy?

edit on 14-9-2011 by Zeer0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   

reply to post by redoubt

I was very open minded about Religion. I believed like everyone else but then when i was young put the pieces together and saw no Evidence for such claims. Does that mean im a bad person? No? Does it mean im Gullible? No again.

A bad person? That's not mine to judge. But it does make that thing about open mindedness look a little like a trap door just waiting for some poor fool looking for some honesty to fall into it.

But, hey... it's your life. Live it and adorn it as you choose. I was merely making a note on what it looks like from here.

No problemo

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
bah i must duck out of this, the idiocy of creationists is just too much for me to read.

basically this is an argument that will never be won for either side. us scientists know the truth and the creationists will always be absolutely sure that their make believe world is true so i suppose we just leave it at that.

someday i hope for the segregation of the religious from the non religious and we will thrive and they will kill each other

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Zeer0

Sorry, I'm new here but - why do you post a question that you say is important, and then insult the people your asking in the post?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

reply to post by redoubt

Yes it can. Do you believe all other Religions and Gods are Fantasy?

edit on 14-9-2011 by Zeer0 because: (no reason given)

No. In fact, I don't discount science, either.

Like I said, I have my beliefs... but I also know that I am not nearly as smart as I would like to be nor do I know everything needed to digest and regurgitate the meaning of life.

For me to say that anyone is dead wrong in a personal belief in science or religion, would be to assume upon myself the keys to all knowledge... which I don't have.

Do you? If so, why not share the rest of your vast library?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
reply to post by xxblackoctoberxx

i hope the opposite occurs! a union of religion and science, noetics style.

can't we all just get along?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
reply to post by xxblackoctoberxx

someday i hope for the segregation of the religious from the non religious and we will thrive and they will kill each other

Man, you are scary.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

ok maybe that sounded a bit harsh. what i really mean is i would like to see what would happen if there was an earth with all atheists and an earth with just all of the different religious people and i would be interested to see what becomes of each.

its just my opinion that the atheists would work together and become a utopia and the religious world would continually have wars and end up killing each other

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx
reply to post by redoubt

ok maybe that sounded a bit harsh. what i really mean is i would like to see what would happen if there was an earth with all atheists and an earth with just all of the different religious people and i would be interested to see what becomes of each.

its just my opinion that the atheists would work together and become a utopia and the religious world would continually have wars and end up killing each other

Perhaps... but humanity - with or without religion - has never shown the slightest ability to avoid itself.

The human condition predates science and religion and... dang it all, lives today as the meanest SOB on the block. Until we overcome our worst traits as a species, we'll never find the key to heaven or the grail of science.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Youji69

I wish we could. But there are some people who are so committed to their Religion they'll shove their Beliefs down your throat and will constantly say you will burn for not being Gullible. And if their Belief has got them so convinced that these things are real there should be Evidence to back that up.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join