It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for Evolutionist's

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
If evolution is true, where are the dinosaurs, they should still be here, there is plenty of vegetation all over the world for them to survive on.

They are here. They're called reptiles.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

There are mutations in a species, like over time losing a toe or getting bigger but there is no proof of evolution from one species to another, like fish to human or whatever. I think the bible or any religion are nice fairy tales, again no proof. So I don't believe in evolution or religion, so what am I left with? Aliens or spontaneous appearance or?

You're left with trying to actually understand what the theory of evolution says before you say you don't believe in it. First, find out what a species is and what speciation is and how we've observed speciation and, therefore, have observed evolution. Second, get a better grasp of taxonomy so you understand how ridiculous it is to refer to a transition from fish to human as speciation. Third, do some reading on evolution that doesn't come from a creationist website so you really understand the concept of common ancestry and the evidence supporting it. Then, if you still want to say that evolution doesn't account for biodiversity, feel free to do so.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DazedDave

Starred your post for a very simple explanation on what science actually is....which is not dogma or unchanging, it actually....well...evolves (imagine that!?).

Evolution is made of many sciences and is not in itself a solitary entity. It's a culmination of study and observation by many fields who all tend to agree on the matter.

Im so tired of this evolution vs creationism thing, its on two different wavelengths and will rely on different methods for proof....and obviously both sides will never have enough proof from each other to stop arguing the matter. Fact is, evolution relies on many different sciences to substantiate its theory, and religion relies really on only one which is itself.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Which came first .............

The chicken or the egg?

If you believe in evolution the answer is the egg

If you believe in creationism the answer would be the chicken

But how can you get a chicken without it coming from an egg??

edit on 15-9-2011 by MathiasAndrew because: add text

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by repressed

Originally posted by habfan1968
If evolution is true, where are the dinosaurs, they should still be here, there is plenty of vegetation all over the world for them to survive on.

They are here. They're called reptiles.

No, evolution states the dinosaurs wouldnt be around, due to changes in plant matter, and they also had to shrink because of the chemicals in the air changing.

If creationism is true, than why aren't there dinosaurs.. Or giant spiders... or giant seascorpions... or Giant dragonflys... *Lists prehistoric creatures for 3 hours*

So yeah... How can you even BEGIN to argue against it?

Note: Im catholic, but i say creationism is BS

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by RevelationGeneration

Show me the evidence for creationism. no inferences...scientific method

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OhZone

If it doesn’t occur in an individual, how does it replicate?

If you go back and read the post I was replying to, the OP was suggesting that an individual organism would change e.g. an individual organism would mutate to respond to its environment. Evolution doesn't occur in that manner and suggesting that it does just shows, again, that the OP doesn't really understand what he's arguing against.

I don’t think any of are thoroughly adept at all these steps in these scientific terms of the classification of life.

Then don't try to build a scientific argument out of them until you do. The OP either didn't bother doing some basic research to try and understand what he was typing or he's intentionally moving the goalposts. I leave it up to him to decide if he wants to admit to being lazy or dishonest.

I had considered species as above genus.

Then you considered incorrectly. It would have literally taken seconds to find out if your assumptions were correct.

Regardless, we are saying that there is no evidence that plants become animals or vice-versa. Or even that they came from the same forbear.

Nope. No evidence at all.
edit on 15/9/2011 by iterationzero because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

They are still here. They're called birds. There's actually a movement toward referring to birds as avian dinosaurs based on the similarities and recognition of the ancestry involved.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by iterationzero

The salamander, lizards, snakes

Crocodiles and sharks can also be considered descendants of dinosaurs.

Pigs, rhino's, cows, elephants, ..

Lions, tiger's and bears ...oh my
edit on 15-9-2011 by MathiasAndrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Did you know that mushrooms are more similar to human beings than they are to plants ?

It's true

ucjeps.berkeley.edu...
edit on 15-9-2011 by MathiasAndrew because: add link

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
The theories of evolution and creationism go hand in hand. Evolution is a fact in terms of all living things changing over millions of years to adapt to changes on earth. As far as evolving from one creature to another? Impossible! A sheep is a sheep, a monkey is a monkey, a canine is a canine and a human is a human. Sure, all have changed structurally over millions of years, but genetically, they are the same creature. I need to express that I am not a religious person or a so called Bible thumper, but I can tell you, I have dealt with death and experienced what happens after death. There is in fact a God, a creator of all things. I will respect your belief and I will respect your denial. The time will come when you realize the truth.

One of my main arguments is focused on eyes, the extension of our brain that allows us to see the beauty of God's creation. How did living creatures suddenly create eyes to see their way around when there was no thought of vision? If is was never a part of a creatures body, it wouldn't suddenly appear. Yes, bats are blind, but are blind for a reason. They feed on insects moving through the air and their eyes are not fast enough to calculate the insect speed to catch it, so sonar was CREATED to help them retrieve their food. There are so many other reasons but I do not have time to explain. There is no way we were not created by something or someone(God).

God is real and I faced Him after my last heartbeat. The love, peace, joy, comfort and serenity I felt is indescribable. The light He exuded was blinding, clean and beautiful. I want to express that I do not read the Bible, although I should...I do not go to church, although I should, but I can tell you that there is a Creator of you, me and all things. Feel free to berate and defame me. I do not care because I feel it is my duty to speak the truth and plant the seed of truth. Take it or leave it and have a good night.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by bennygrass

please explain this, egg, to larva, to pupa and finally to butterfly.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Tadpole to frog

Is another modern example of metamorphosis

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

In order for a dinosaur to become a bird, the forelimbs would need to become wings. This would need to be accomplished in very small steps, accomplished through mutations. (Leave aside the fact that the fossil record doesn't support this.) A front leg, changing into a birds wing, would become a bad leg long before it became a good wing. And of course, a bad leg would not make that animal more fit to survive, therefore, natural selection would preserve the species against such deformities

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RevelationGeneration
Question - where is the SCIENTIFIC evidence for one genus EVER becoming another genus?

Wow.
21 pages so far,
and nobody has provided any evidence of one Genus becomeing another Genus.
(or did I miss the evidence amidst all the rhetoric?)

Species
Genus
Family
Order
Class
Phylum
Kingdom
Domain
Life

I'll check back again in a day or two. Lots of really interesting discussion and web links though.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by MathiasAndrew

the frog is not that modern though is it

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Modern in terms of still alive today

That's what I meant by modern

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kicking2bears

there is proof its called the "missing link", but it just missing at the moment

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeussusZ

In order for a dinosaur to become a bird, the forelimbs would need to become wings. This would need to be accomplished in very small steps, accomplished through mutations. (Leave aside the fact that the fossil record doesn't support this.) A front leg, changing into a birds wing, would become a bad leg long before it became a good wing. And of course, a bad leg would not make that animal more fit to survive, therefore, natural selection would preserve the species against such deformities

Actually the fossil records do support the transformation of some dinosaurs into birds.

Take the T-Rex for instance. It has two short little arms that really look quite useless.

Archaeopteryx

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeussusZ
reply to post by Kicking2bears

there is proof its called the "missing link", but it just missing at the moment

Haven't you heard???

The Missing Link

Humans used to have tails

edit on 15-9-2011 by MathiasAndrew because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join