It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ticking Time Bomb that awaits us.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
What will happen during the next depression or state of world war? We will be killing each other instead of pulling together. This is a TICKING TIME BOMB. We know a big crash is coming soon, that is mathematically inevitable. What we don't know is whether or not we are going to be able to trust the people around us to not to kill us while we sleep. I know this mentality doesn't help but unfortunately we will need to have this kind of mentality just to stand a chance of surviving when the SHTF.

Well, instead of going and mudering defence people in other countries, you will be killing each other for a change. Not a bad prospect for the rest of the world.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
I have been worried about the social fabric for decades. Actually, in the entire West. There is no shame in USA anymore. There was a Chinese person who was called Confucius that said stuff that every person should read. He spoke about laws. That if there are too many laws, then the people will have no shame in trying to escape the punishments. Instead a society should be led by virtues and uniformity, and learn the ways of the society through rituals. I think this is as true now, as it was when it was spoken. There are many threats looming. The Internet can become a machine that eliminates privacy and free speech. More and more restrictions on traveling. And there is huge amounts of plundering of natural resources done by multinational corporations through international organizations and corruption. Getting back to a free society will involve virtues and rituals. And our heroes should be the ones who build our society as efficiently and humbly as can be done. I think we need to think less about the rich and famous as necessary, and more about the unknown workers who makes every country great. A boss can run a company, an entrepreneur can start it but workers will always do the work. That is the bottom line.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 03:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

I never said it was nice where I live, I hate it in the UK. But what I am saying is that nothing really has changed. There were thugs and louts around when I was growing up, and the current generation of youths are just the same. People always go on about how fearful of youth they are and how bad they have got, but I can bet that your elders felt the same way about your generation when you were young, and theirs about them, etc.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
The older generations have taken all the wealth, had the party and now it's time for the younger generations to pay.

Whether the younger generations ever realise this or what has happend or indeed pay remains to be seen......

MR

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Marlborough Red
The older generations have taken all the wealth, had the party and now it's time for the younger generations to pay.

Whether the younger generations ever realise this or what has happend or indeed pay remains to be seen......

MR

When they realise and decide to make the older generation pay for their deeds, it is going to be one interesting set of events for sure!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
it's a cycle.....
and the younger generation this time, who think that there is no future, well, they are the ones who are gonna get to define what that future will be....
we've just passed from something like what the roaring 20's to what is now more like the depression......
the kids that grew up during that depression were the ones who fought, and won the war, rebuilt the world, gave us a ton of new technology.....

now, it is time to lay claim to this destiny kids..
before the kids from another country does it before you, since whoever comes up with the new that replaces the old, will be the country that is given the mantle that the US has carried throughout the current cycle!!

your parents future is bleak, but yours is whatever you desire to make it!!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_

I never said it was nice where I live, I hate it in the UK. But what I am saying is that nothing really has changed. There were thugs and louts around when I was growing up, and the current generation of youths are just the same. People always go on about how fearful of youth they are and how bad they have got, but I can bet that your elders felt the same way about your generation when you were young, and theirs about them, etc.

You have to remember that my elders had a much better chance at getting a stable career and a slice of that stable pie. Nowadays kids either don't care about work or know they are most likely not going to be able to get a career. This adds to the already bad gang culture problem we have festering.

Its easy to say that the last generation were just as bad as this one but they really weren't. The youth actually ARE getting worse. Its the result of social programming and bad parenting. Its a simple formula really..

Ever increasingly bad parenting + More and more media social programming = More and more delinquents.

Can you argue with maths?

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
You are so right.

For the majority of todays youth there is nothing to look forward to, it's ok for those with an academic aptitude, they can stay in the education system and eventually find a career.
But what about those kids that struggle at school and don't qualify for colleges and uni's?

Used to be they could get a job on a farm, in a factory, on the council road gangs or in supermarkets.
Now you need a highfalutin licence to drive a tractor or harvester, automated machines have taken over the factories, you need better school grades for the local council and I added the supermarkets because they now have self serve checkouts in some places, so there goes the checkout chick job.
There's also the problem of hundreds of kids and only dozens of jobs.

We have advanced too fast and not implemented a replacement for these job areas, so now the youth have no employment propects, so moving out of home and/or getting married and having a family is mostly out of the question, so what have they got to be excited about? to look forward to?

I am not in the least surprised that iphones, ipads and computers are their life.
And why do they not care what the governments do?
Because they worked out long ago that nothing they say or do will change it, TPTB do not listen to the youth.

I wouldn't want to be a teenager in this day and age, I have teenagers in my family and I see how hard it is for them. (I am in my 50's)

I'm not saying that bad parenting isn't to blame for some of it but not much parents can do if faced with the above problems.

cheers

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:03 AM
link   

It is a numbers game, which is what I was alluding to in my first reply. More people = more problems. Its not that people are getting worse as such, the percentages/ratios are probably similar. The actual numbers are higher though.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Dear TechUnique,

A truly magnificent post!

Welcome to the club!!!

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by IAMIAM
Have faith my friend. All these things must come to pass.

With Love,

Your Brother

I can't agree more. Time is coming for Human Society to evolve beyond everything that we've done wrong in the past. All of the mistakes we've made, all of the errors of our ways, the greed, the lies, the fear.. it's all going to change. It might not be experienced in our generation (which is a little discouraging to think about) but next generation I think is going to be major change.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
All we can do is hope that history repeats and the next generation rebels against everything the current generation stands for because the current crop is a disgrace.

They are not to blame. It started with the do-gooders of the 80's that took away the rights of parents to dicipline their children, banned corporal punishment in schools, and took away the powers of police and the judicial system to punish minors. We are now living with the consequences of these policies which is youth that has no respect for anyone or anything, that wouldn't even know what empathy means let alone feel it and have no conscience because there has never been any consequence to their actions.

The current generation of imbecilles are so pathetic that if it wasn't so sad it would be entertaining. I went to a concert last weekend and as usual, almost the entire audience watched the concert through their iphone screens as they filmed the concert instead of actually enjoying the show themselves. All they care about is uploading their footage to their facebook, myspace and blogs so that their online friends think they have a life.

Its pathetic.

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seagle
All we can do is hope that history repeats and the next generation rebels against everything the current generation stands for because the current crop is a disgrace.

They are not to blame. It started with the do-gooders of the 80's that took away the rights of parents to dicipline their children, banned corporal punishment in schools, and took away the powers of police and the judicial system to punish minors. We are now living with the consequences of these policies which is youth that has no respect for anyone or anything, that wouldn't even know what empathy means let alone feel it and have no conscience because there has never been any consequence to their actions.

The current generation of imbecilles are so pathetic that if it wasn't so sad it would be entertaining. I went to a concert last weekend and as usual, almost the entire audience watched the concert through their iphone screens as they filmed the concert instead of actually enjoying the show themselves. All they care about is uploading their footage to their facebook, myspace and blogs so that their online friends think they have a life.

Its pathetic.

There is wisdom in the youth beyond your own my friend. They are sharing their view with the world, and they are celebrating. We should be celebrating life as well. The celebration of life should be what guides our every move. If we were truly wise, we would let our children rule, that we may learn to be eternally young.

Man will learn.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I don't want to get too deep into this but IMO we are heading into turmoil because we worship the dollar and not morality. We live our lives existing materially instead of spiritually! Even those of us who go to church and worship are just going through the motions. I believe it's up to all of us to want to change and the reason why it continues to get worse and worse is a bigger connection to materialism and technology instead of to each other and nature. When we spend all our time on computers, TV and entertainment the world becomes surreal and disconnected! Look who we worship demoralized entertainers and sports icons. The family unit is disconnected cause the parents spend alot of time providing for their family and for what, just so the children and spouses can have more material things to disconnect them even further from each other. Yet most of you will deny this as fact and call me nuts. Maybe I should have kept it even shorter. Goodluck yall!

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

amazing post.
and the fact that you are only 19 is incredible....................wise well beyond your years.

so, do you have any ideas as to how to confront or begin to turn this situation around??

Parker
MYUBY

edit on 30-9-2011 by ParkerCramer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 30 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Isn't it wonderful. Today's generation has over thrown the oppressive hand of religion... They are no longer living under the rule of ethics and morality based on superstition.

Today's generation has become enlightened and all knowing... not like the old fuddy dud Christians like myself that are controled by writings in a book from a few centuries ago.

At least that is what some would have us believe.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join