It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ticking Time Bomb that awaits us.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Forget all the doomsday hype for just one moment and seriously contemplate this issue. I speak here for the youth of the UK although I know many other places around the world have the same issue although at varying stages. (Some places dramatically worse)

What we are facing at the moment and have been facing for a while now is an epidemic. An epidemic of epic proportion. I am of course talking about the breakdown of society, especially in regards to morals, ethics and general humanity.

We (The youth) no longer love our neighbours, instead we live in fear. We no longer help an injured person on the street, instead we check their pockets to see if they have any valuables on them. We no longer play outside with our friends, instead we kill each other on online games like Call of duty. We no longer meet up just for the hell of it, instead we have social networking sites such as Facebook.

You will find that in many, If not most places in the UK, the only young people outside are either in gangs of savages or are getting paralytically drunk in parks. (Sometimes at ages younger than 10 years old..)

You have 13 year old girls who are dating and having sex with males in their 20's. And this is seen as OK in their social groups!!!

This list goes on and on and on...

The problem is this.. This current generation is going to be raising and parenting the next generation and so on and so forth. Instead of passing down wisdom, knowledge and skills from generation to generation like the old days.. We are passing on mistakes, bad attitude, morales and ethics. We are steadily making the youth worse and worse through the media and bad parenting.

Kids have no career prospects and no hope. You wonder why they riot and loot at the first chance they get? You wonder why they sell drugs? They don't know any better. If you think the youth of nowadays are bad wait until you see the youth in 20 years. (If we even live that long as a species)

This country used to have a national identity. This meant that we respected each other as a whole and pulled together through multiple depressions, wars and times of great struggle.

What will happen during the next depression or state of world war? We will be killing each other instead of pulling together. This is a TICKING TIME BOMB. We know a big crash is coming soon, that is mathematically inevitable. What we don't know is whether or not we are going to be able to trust the people around us to not to kill us while we sleep. I know this mentality doesn't help but unfortunately we will need to have this kind of mentality just to stand a chance of surviving when the SHTF.

For the record: I can confidently and truthfully speak on behalf of the youth in the UK. I am 19 years old and have lived in quite a few deprived areas. I used to be a massive criminal and general nuisance to society. Remember this before you claim I know nothing of what I speak. I have been surrounded by and involved in this crap my whole life.

Lets say everything sorts itself out magically. Lets say the economy picks back up wonderfully, wars stop and we don't all die in some mystical apocalyptic scenario. We still have one major problem.

Kids are having kids.
Babies are having babies and Idiots are teaching idiots how to be bigger idiots.

Society in 20 years?
Ugh.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Have faith my friend. All these things must come to pass.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

In a nutshell Tech.
In a nutshell.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
your absoloutly right mate, well said...

i feel sorry for your generation.. i saw the start of this coming through when i was younger and i can clearly see it has got worse..

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
You are absolutely spot on. Parents are allowing technology to babysit there children and then they sit there and try to figure out why these kids are growing up with no compassion,empathy,or respect. When your child is constantly on COD or watching mind numbing tv programs what else can you expect. Just for the record my kids are outback in the yard being kids and climbing trees!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
S&F, a well written and acutely observed piece. You have wisdom beyond your years, your experiences are common but not everyone learns from them or has the ability to see outside themselves. The older generations have been despairing of the young since the stone age but society has never been so fragmented or divorced from communal reality. Don't despair though, nobody knows what tomorrow holds.
Probably worse. But keep hope in your heart.
Be safe, be strong and be kind.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Very well said and articulated. However, to be fair, your generation was raised by a less than great generation before them.

It was that generation that stopped keeping score in soccer games (it might hurt someones feelings), gave ribbons to everyone for doing anything, had graduation ceremonies for grade 6er's, and decided it might hurt someone feelings if they were actually held back in any course they took.

We get what we ask for. Your generation is a product of the parents that raised them and the society they put you in.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Misterlondon
your absoloutly right mate, well said...

i feel sorry for your generation.. i saw the start of this coming through when i was younger and i can clearly see it has got worse..

I just want to be able to walk up to someone young I don't know and speak to them without them thinking I'm trying to start a fight with them..

90% of my good friends are at least 10 years older than myself. I try to have an intellectual conversation with someone my age and I get a blank stare. I walk down the street and get confronted because I 'Looked at someone funny' or 'Bogged them out'.

Since when was the UK Gaza?

WE AREN'T AT WAR KIDS CHILL THE # OUT.

I wish I born in the 50's..

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
I wish I born in the 50's..

I feel the same way! Instead of kick the can, it's kick Billy.

Although video games and computer technology are huge contributors to what we're seeing today, the television was the beginning of the end. It also made mind control a whole lot easier for the few families that run the world and want to see morals go down the drain. Now, all you have to do is turn on the TV or listen to any modern day music, and it's all about sex and violence. Most of today's music is not uplifting or inspiring. Not to mention the music that accompanies the video games adds an extra dimension of brain washing.

I have to add this video to the thread. It's so important and explains much of what we're seeing today. Even though he's speaking on a national level, TPTB have taken it to a global level.

Don't be fooled. This is all by design. The elite are able to do the horrible things that they do because they are sociopaths who don't have any morals or conscience. It makes changing the world so much easier when you turn EVERYONE into immoral sociopathic monsters who don't have a conscience. This is what the youth of today need to learn and understand. They aren't fighting against oppression, they're leading the parade.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Afterthought because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
As long as there's smart youth like yourself, OP, who can think for themselves and not follow the crowd there is hope I believe. Not much, though. The white trash of the UK, like you say, will go onto breed more degenerate little chavs and society will go further to the dogs.

I'm pushing 40 now and when I was your age older folks would say how the country isn't was it was, kids have no respect anymore etc. So this decline has been going on for sometime. At your age me and my mates would always complain there was nothing for us to do, we'd sit in parks getting drunk and generally getting up to no good. That's the biggest problem. If you give youngsters a hobby, a sport, anything to aspire to and they'll excel and stay out of bother.

As is, I don't see the politicians doing anything positive to rectify the situation, just playing the blame game and acting tough to win votes.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Well put and I do feel sorry for,no I feel angry that your generation has been left with the mess cultivated by those who have gone before you,but,things do have a way of righting themselves,maybe as you say the next 2 or 3 generations will be living in a virtual hell on earth but things will stabilise,as a species,we have shown that we can be capable of incredible acts of self analysing and change.
Providing that in the future, generations no longer have the crap that we endure from present Governments and the MSM to contend with.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Man, we have this same problem here in the states. Im 17 right now and all my friggin friends do is drink, party, smoke weed, and watch jersey shore. Its SO HARD to talk to any of them about anything productive cause they just don't know. I asked all of my friends if they knew anything about the Fukushima accident, all of them said no. Then I asked them if they even knew the frreakin day our country was founded 3/4 of them got it right, btw i'm a senior. Its sad when kids your age don't know when their own country was founded. I have to feign a smile and act like some 1 I'm not just to fit in (I do it pretty well if I say so myself). But I look around myself almost on a day to day basis and just think, what the **** happened here, what made all my friends just not care anymore? It's not like I'm sitting here wanting them to read history books after school or feed the homeless or something, I just want my friends to be informed, to not just accept what were told without understanding why were being told to do so by our government.

In the case that the government actually is planning a totalitarian regime, there gonna have it pretty easy. Most people my age wont friggin care if their houses have cameras in them, or if they lose all their rights as long as they get their blunts, orange drank, and jersey shore.

If we DO have a task of waking up the masses, it will be the hardest task this world has ever put before people.

Btw this is coming for a kid that's lived in both lower class and middle class environments.
edit on 14-9-2011 by GasMaskz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Op, if you were my child I'd be extremely proud of you!!!
I hear you and my heart tears apart.
I wish I could do something...though I did hear someone say once that it takes just one person to make a huge difference.
You seem like you can and will make a difference.
God Bless you,

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
When the tie that binds is rotten,
The unravelling quickens pace,
And with all once held dear forgotten,
Thus dissolve thy Human race.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Evasius

That is awesome.. where's that from?
2nd line.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Deplume

It was just inspired by the OP.

Lately I've felt the urge to respond with verse for some reason... just a phase, a passing season.

It seems to have been set in motion by a few odd dreams and synchronicities lately.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
"In order to be wise one must first be young and stupid". I think this is what most of this generation believes. Let's just hope those people will wise up. I know what you mean by seeing it happen today, as I live in Memphis and see lots of stuff go down. Also, the MTV show "16 and Pregnant" doesn't seem to help, then again MTV is supposedly one of the illuminati's favorite tv channels for influencing the younger generations. I have seen elementary kids cussing out whoever they want, which shows their generation being just as bad or worse. This generation(not the elementary kids' one) isn't all bad, however, there are kids that pose great potential for future life, not to mention school teaching a lot more than when most of today's politicians were in school. I think we are going to see a rise on both ends of the spectrum we just have to see which one outweighs the other. It truly is a ticking time bomb.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
You are grossly stereo typing the youth of today. I live in a harsh area full of drugs and deprivation but not all are bond to this life. My younger brother hung around with people who were monsters. Two of them are doing time for murder but instead of follow the mold he decided to make something of himself. He's now training to become a doctor.

And blaming video games is just a cop out.

ALS

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
You are grossly stereo typing the youth of today. I live in a harsh area full of drugs and deprivation but not all are bond to this life. My younger brother hung around with people who were monsters. Two of them are doing time for murder but instead of follow the mold he decided to make something of himself. He's now training to become a doctor.

And blaming video games is just a cop out.

ALS

I never said all youth are like this, not entirely sure where you got that impression.
I'm not like this for a start. 10% of my friends are the same kind of age as me and aren't like this.

The problem is that so much youth are like this that it almost cancels out the good youth. Notice how I said almost. The problem is getting steadily worse as well. I'm being realistic albeit pessimistic.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
When I see people talking about youth it always reminds me of a passage by Aristote if I remember, ancient greece. He's saying how worst are the new generations and how the world will get worst and worst...

Well I think it jumps from generation to the next. Smart people have stupid kids and stupid kids get smart children because no one wants to be like their parents! ^^

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join