It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ticking Time Bomb that awaits us.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by jrkelly77

You do not know how infuriating it is to see friends of mine have the tv baby sit their kids so they can do their own thing. You hit the nail on the head. These kids are watching garbage these days I see what they watch. Its de-educational not educational at all.

S*F Op

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
watch the movie "Idiocracy" This totally shows how the dumbing down of people is happening. It's a comedy, but it shows you the truth.

The poor keep on breeding and have 20 kids, they then teach those kids what they know.....which is nothing!
The rich hold off and may have 1 child....that child learns from it's parents.
Out of 20 kids lets say 2 go on to better themselves.
Out of the 1 rich kid lets say he decides to be dumb like his friends.
2 kids out of 21 make something of themselves but only have one child each.
meanwhile 19 kids go on to make 280 dumb kids.
280 dumb kids vs 2 smart kids.

Obviously this is the dumbed down version, but you can see where this is going in only a few generations!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I think this problem will come to a head when the social order breaks down completely.
The collapse of the moetary values will of nessessity jolt everyone into a far simpler set of expectations and goals.Survival is a one man game, but suriviving comfortably takes teamwork.teamwork requires mutual respect etc...
While the food is plentiful and the dole is available etc,its easy to be an outlaw.
When TSHTF itll be a whole new learnig curve for a lot of adults as well.......

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It seemed like that when I was a kid, too. What perhaps you don't see is that 80% of the population is worthless, young or old, and it has always been that way. People are as good as they want to be, and of course most fail miserably.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:36 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

it's nice you're wide awake and aware. just so you know, there were others felt the way you did, with small changes in details here and there, 10 years ago, 20 years ago, 50 years ago. you catch my drift.

wreckless and wild youth have a way of growing up and growing out of their ways. not all, but most. Darwin claims many of the best, the train jumpers and those who think they can fly off rooftops or ride a motorbike as if they are bullet proof. yes, some will have children and not raise they well.

but some will catch on and change their ways. some will turn out to incredible parents. some of the worst drunks and substance abusers will grow old and get paunchy and lose their hair as they make decent coin managing a store or running a business they started all by their self.

i'm an old fart, i'm telling you from experience. i wish i was as wise as you at that age. i hung out with a bunch of drunken abusing maniac hooligans; not one of us expected to live to see 19. absolute idiots. i finally caught on and wrote off the whole lot of them and got on with my life. any one of those morans could show up on my doorstep tomorrow, they're not welcome in my house.

so try to worry not young person. do yourself the favor and get on with it. make your future. make your own way. if it sucks where you are, move to where there is work and school and life opportunities. you've got a good head on your shoulders. make your self valuable and one day you my meet a nice young lady that has kept her eye on the prize too. together you can make a good life and raise good children well and proper.

bless your heart, young one. take my word for it, it will be alright. what becomes of you is up to you.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Kids are having kids.

That's the main problem right there...No one knows how to raise a child anymore they just let them do whatever they want because at heart the parents are still KIDS

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by theclutch
watch the movie "Idiocracy" This totally shows how the dumbing down of people is happening. It's a comedy, but it shows you the truth.

Dang clutch beat me to it...

Watch the intro....great movie.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:48 AM
link   
It sure sucks though, when you are 40 something and have 17 to twenty somethings in and out of your neighborhood all the time. Today what looked to be a 5th grader pointed a gun at me, as I was sitting on my porch, while he was with his friends and thought it funny.

Im sure a lot of these people around here will grow up, but I AM older and forced to live with the consequences of the actions of a bunch of young people always causing trouble now.

I fear for my families life, in the near future. SHTF, they wont think twice about killing us for what we have.
It saddens me to see what this world has become. It stresses me out greatly. There used to be a bad apple in the bunch. Now you have to find a good apple in the bunch. Where did all the decent people go? Did I miss a train
somewhere? That is how I feel.

When on the rare occasion I do see someone go out of there way for someone, it makes me smile, and gives me a little hope, but that should be the norm.

The reason so many people think the world is going to end , is because a society can not continue like this.
IT will take itself out. We know it, we can not hide from it anymore. It is not just a couple of incidents that we hide under the rug anymore. It is the rug.

I know myself, I WANT it to end. I hate living in a world like this . I have a good heart, and hate seeing greed kill.
We can have so much advancement in the human race, but instead , power and greed rules. It kills millions.
How many cures we could have. No one has to be hungry. So Yeah, I want this to end because I am out of place in all this hate, cruelty , selfishness.

This is why we have a FEELING something is wrong. It is on our minds. We know, it , but most pretend its ok,
because they want to keep it going. because people fear change.

Everything in our lives are so controlled down to how most people think. Political correctness is an agenda to keep people quiet and controlled. Humanity needs to get their soul back, and start thinking for themselves.
What a waste otherwise.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
You've done your part OP and changed your self for the better.

The only thing you can do now is help others change there ways. All is not lost, yet.

reply to post by amatrine

Even though I am only 19 I can't agree more. Kids are more and more violent and rash then when I was a small child. I don't know about you guys but when I walk outside and see no kids playing, I always ask what happened to going outside to explore?

I have seen so many times when elderly need help and there is someone my age who doesn't help them. It doesn't take but a minute to do so but they don't. There have been times where I carried out elders bag at the supermarket. I don't think all with be violent with SHTF, most will probably be lost on what to do. I do have a question though for you. When it does hit the fan and your face to face with a violent kid what do you do? I personally don't know if I could harm someone my age or even a few years younger but we all know there will be young teens out trying to fight. Sad world, man.

edit on 15-9-2011 by TheWorldSpins because: Various Errors

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
Forget all the doomsday hype for just one moment and seriously contemplate this issue. I speak here for the youth of the UK although I know many other places around the world have the same issue although at varying stages. (Some places dramatically worse)

What we are facing at the moment and have been facing for a while now is an epidemic. An epidemic of epic proportion. I am of course talking about the breakdown of society, especially in regards to morals, ethics and general humanity.

We (The youth) no longer love our neighbours, instead we live in fear. We no longer help an injured person on the street, instead we check their pockets to see if they have any valuables on them. We no longer play outside with our friends, instead we kill each other on online games like Call of duty. We no longer meet up just for the hell of it, instead we have social networking sites such as Facebook.

You will find that in many, If not most places in the UK, the only young people outside are either in gangs of savages or are getting paralytically drunk in parks. (Sometimes at ages younger than 10 years old..)

You have 13 year old girls who are dating and having sex with males in their 20's. And this is seen as OK in their social groups!!!

This list goes on and on and on...

The problem is this.. This current generation is going to be raising and parenting the next generation and so on and so forth. Instead of passing down wisdom, knowledge and skills from generation to generation like the old days.. We are passing on mistakes, bad attitude, morales and ethics. We are steadily making the youth worse and worse through the media and bad parenting.

Kids have no career prospects and no hope. You wonder why they riot and loot at the first chance they get? You wonder why they sell drugs? They don't know any better. If you think the youth of nowadays are bad wait until you see the youth in 20 years. (If we even live that long as a species)

This country used to have a national identity. This meant that we respected each other as a whole and pulled together through multiple depressions, wars and times of great struggle.

What will happen during the next depression or state of world war? We will be killing each other instead of pulling together. This is a TICKING TIME BOMB. We know a big crash is coming soon, that is mathematically inevitable. What we don't know is whether or not we are going to be able to trust the people around us to not to kill us while we sleep. I know this mentality doesn't help but unfortunately we will need to have this kind of mentality just to stand a chance of surviving when the SHTF.

For the record: I can confidently and truthfully speak on behalf of the youth in the UK. I am 19 years old and have lived in quite a few deprived areas. I used to be a massive criminal and general nuisance to society. Remember this before you claim I know nothing of what I speak. I have been surrounded by and involved in this crap my whole life.

Lets say everything sorts itself out magically. Lets say the economy picks back up wonderfully, wars stop and we don't all die in some mystical apocalyptic scenario. We still have one major problem.

Kids are having kids.
Babies are having babies and Idiots are teaching idiots how to be bigger idiots.

Society in 20 years?
Ugh.

edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

Your right mate, it's happening before our eyes! The question is how do we stop it? In a way I blame parents, My Dad was always fair and loving toward me but I knew it if I stepped out of line, and I had boundaries growing up. It seemed strict at the time but now I realise a healthy respect for authority is a good thing. Something kids today haven't got.

I'm now 30 with my own kids and I'll be damned if their gonna follow in the footsteps of the dross out there littering the streets at night. They WILL get a good education and go get a job like the rest of us, or they wont be living with me. It might seem harsh but that's how I was brought up and it never did me any harm.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It looks bad, indeed. On the other hand... Even the old Sumerian complained about the terrible youth, someone wrote that in a stone tablet 6 000 years ago...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   

You know, the problem is, that wonderful people like you, OP, and just kids in general that are not pre-occupied in this fabricated reality are so few and far between that it becomes hard to connect on a personal level.. We find ourselves turning cynical and just depressed with the current state of everything, that we shut down.

I know exactly how you're feeling. I'm 26, lived in America for a good 10 years, but I was born and raised in Beirut, Lebanon... I left America a few years ago due to the utter insanity of everything that goes on over there. Being Lebanese, my freedoms were virtually non-existant... I lived in San Diego which is a beautiful area (Some say the best place to live on mainland America) and still I was confronted every day with my peers behaving like 10 year olds. I am not exaggerating... the few intelligent and worthwhile people I had in my life happened to get that way by delving into drugs... which everyone's seen or done at some point... So the whole (psychedelics changed my life man) I can understand. But I was always left with more questions than when I started... Why can't we change each others lives? Why can't we just have a conversation about the vastness of space without being stoned off our asses? Why can't we question our government? Why doesn't anyone see the lines in the sky that turn the blue into grey? Why? Why? Why?

Technology has grown so fast that we never got the chance to grow at the same rate. So now we're all bewildered by it. We can't get enough.

What if one day, all power on the planet just goes off.. Say, through an Electo-magnetic pules, or a solar flare or something... We would all have to go outside again, and enjoy the day.. We won't all be able to communicate the way we do now, but we would make our immediate area around us a better place. Thus making the world a better place. I wonder if we'll ever see that day... Where everyone goes outside.

I think if we were to ever meet we would get along swimmingly, just like with many ATS'ers i've come across here.. I'm starting to realize that the true people that are worth a damn are those that refuse to just be. The ones that aren't afraid to ask questions, and the ones who do something about it...

Excellent post OP.. you've made me a bit happier today knowing that you decided to voice your concerns and weren't afraid to bring it up.

Your friend.
J.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Fantastic post OP. It's refreshing to hear someone as young as yourself have have an awareness of the problems of their generation. I've seen so many talented and intelligent people from MY generation that have thrown their lives away and failed to live up to any of the potential that they had. To see someone intelligent with a good head on their shoulders give me hope that maybe all isn't lost.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   
The oh so common unruly youth argument. Older generations have been saying the same about the young having no respect since forever. Yeah there definitely are issues that need addressing, but things only seem worse now because there are more people. I can bet that the ratio of respectful to disrespectful people is the same.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evasius
When the tie that binds is rotten,
The unravelling quickens pace,
And with all once held dear forgotten,
Thus dissolve thy Human race.

That is good.

Got a star from me.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
What an excellent OP!

I totally agree - I have watched this happen. I am in my 40's now, and spent a lot of time living in South London. I saw a lot a crap there, including 1 mate killed. I saw the way women treated their children, hitting, screaming at them - and they thought this was normal becasue that is how they were raised - that is how all the people arround them raise their children. It is a hard, rough place.

You know mate, with your insight and intelligence, you could really make a difference if you could get some of your peers to listen to you.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I too, am 19, and I too, am picking up on it.

99% of my friends, do NOT have a clue what is going on. I am the only one in my group that reads the news, and even BOTHERS to try and know just what is going on. They all could care less if TPTB took over their lives, as long as they can go to their concerts and have their iphones, they are happy.

It truly is sad that our generation has such a small percentile of those who keep themselves informed. I'm proud to be a part of it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
ok I cant make a thread but I think we need to brainstorm this as young people together. The question is, How can we as young people break the figurative "mind control" on our peers, Simply telling them about TPTB doesn't work, telling them to visit websites doesn't work, we need something.....like media wise, here is an example of what i mean
but with a different subject.

A kid at my school new all the dirty laundry of the entire building, so he made a Face book called Tellitall, and then he basically told peoples secrets daily, it started so much drama the kids at my school were GLUED to it literally. What we need to do is invade something that a lot of our peers pay attention to Facebook is the most obvious target but if people dont accept your friends request u can be banned only issue.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Firefly_
The oh so common unruly youth argument. Older generations have been saying the same about the young having no respect since forever. Yeah there definitely are issues that need addressing, but things only seem worse now because there are more people. I can bet that the ratio of respectful to disrespectful people is the same.

You must be living in a nice area I am really jealous!
The youth in places I've lived and grown up in are quite often delinquents..

There are some good ones but they are certainly few and far between...

posted on Sep, 16 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
news flash kido its never been like leave it to beaver ever when there was no tv they couldnt report crimes to you and befor the phone theres was yelling help and rap was a part of the working day we all like to say oh yeah im a good guy but who says let me just turn my self in and thats that

the only problem now is people are hearing it so how do we stop it and how bad is it thats alot of work and alot that could go wrong

all i cant say is most things stop when you stop them maybe you wer waiting for your self
edit on 16-9-2011 by obzerver because: monkey sounds

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join