It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nasa States They Have no idea what these Orbs Of Light UFO's Are!!!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by seedofchucky

But please tell me .. how do you chase space junk ? Do we turn on the ISS boosters to chase it ?? Or perhaps we send the shuttle to chase it ?

No kidding! HAHAHAHA! If we "chased" all the space junk that's up there, NASA would have to have a separate program just for THAT ALONE. LMAO

It's a good original question, but Wayne was talking about 'chasing' the question of the objects' hazard -- not physically pursuing them through space. That's what 'chasing a problem' means in mission control lingo.

I make that interpretation based on my 22 years experience in Mission Control, that included back in 1981-2 serving right alongside a younger, thinner, hairier Wayne Hale. We now work together on spaceflight safety issues and last met in Boulder, CO, at a conference earlier this year.

This stuff comes off of the shuttle. The often undeterminable question is, where on the shuttle does it originate since there are so very MANY sources -- some of them potentially signs of vehicle malfunction that might be hazardous?

They are NOT "space junk" in other orbits, that stuff is too small and crossing paths too fast to be visible.

A lot of NASA jargon is very susceptible to misinterpretation and misrepresentation, alas.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nikola014

Originally posted by OnceReturned
reply to post by Nikola014

But debris comes off the shuttle all the time... People have reported ufos and talked about alien life for a very, very long time. Likewise, there have been people insisting that it's an important time and things are about to change for thousands of years. Why do you think this video shows something important?

Because these came from NASA.
Hey man,from NASA!

You couldn't heard NASA talking about this stuff in the past.
They wouldn't told the public anything. But,today is different.

You are confusing the range of your own perception, with the totality of reality. Since you don't know about something, you are assuming it can't exist. This is foolish, and makes you look foolish.

Use this as a learning opportunity. Check out fifty years of NASA reporting what crews and cameras see out the spacecraft windows and why it was always recognized as important even for safety reasons alone.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by gift0fpr0phecy

You know what amazes me, you never contribute anything to this particular forum without mocking. So let me ask which is worse...the fringe factor or those who utilize their time to laugh at them? Also you're forgetting something major, you probably got lightheaded while looking down your nose...the space shuttle does not sit static in space, it orbits the earth at 18.5 thousand MPH, so whatever that was "hovering" below...was pacing it. When a NASA guy says we don't know where some of these things come from, it's probably safe to say "some" of those things don't come off equipment and come from somewhere else.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

Originally posted by OnceReturned
reply to post by Nikola014

But debris comes off the shuttle all the time... People have reported ufos and talked about alien life for a very, very long time. Likewise, there have been people insisting that it's an important time and things are about to change for thousands of years. Why do you think this video shows something important?

Because these came from NASA.
Hey man,from NASA!

You couldn't heard NASA talking about this stuff in the past.
They wouldn't told the public anything. But,today is different.

You are confusing the range of your own perception, with the totality of reality. Since you don't know about something, you are assuming it can't exist. This is foolish, and makes you look foolish.

Use this as a learning opportunity. Check out fifty years of NASA reporting what crews and cameras see out the spacecraft windows and why it was always recognized as important even for safety reasons alone.

Well,isn't this a place to learn some new things and not be afraid to look foolish?

We have different opinions and i respect your opinion,so i am not going to call you foolish as you called me.

I checked it long ago.I am familiar with crew UFO sightings and all of that.But you're wrong.
This report didn't came directly from NASA but from NASA employes.

It's a big difference.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-9-2011 by Nikola014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Honesty....?!?

Really...Would that be like, OK?!!?

And i mean honesty like, "We dont know"...If they dont....

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

You know what amazes me, you never contribute anything to this particular forum without mocking. So let me ask which is worse...the fringe factor or those who utilize their time to laugh at them? Also you're forgetting something major, you probably got lightheaded while looking down your nose...the space shuttle does not sit static in space, it orbits the earth at 18.5 thousand MPH, so whatever that was "hovering" below...was pacing it. When a NASA guy says we don't know where some of these things come from, it's probably safe to say "some" of those things don't come off equipment and come from somewhere else.

Kali, you really have to make a little effort to come up to speed on the basics of spaceflight operations, or your 'safe to say' guesses make you look foolishly ignorant.

Why shouldn't stuff gently coming off an orbiting vehicle 'pace' that vehicle? Do you really think that spaceships use their engines to cruise at 18,000 mph?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
lol yeah sure, they have no idea....... i hate nasa.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

And you really should make more of an effort to be human, I did not say none of those "things" weren't off equipment and yes I know they follow for a bit. I just happen to believe that not all of them are, you can throw your NASA credentials around as much as you like, and as much I DON'T like it, most of what you have to say I will have to accept as truth...but for once, just one time...can you not be an ass and admit that sometimes there are things that do not come off of human made equipment, that have paced the shuttle or the ISS? Perhaps you can answer...when Atlantis landed after that mission were they able to see that anything was missing?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

I checked it long ago.I am familiar with crew UFO sightings and all of that.But you're wrong.
This report didn't came directly from NASA but from NASA employes. It's a big difference.

What bg difference? Don't ALL 'NASA explanations' come from employees of NASA?

What clarification would you like from Hale? I'll ask him.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by JimOberg

This report didn't came directly from NASA but from NASA employes. It's a big difference.

What bg difference? Don't ALL 'NASA explanations' come from employees of NASA?

What clarification would you like from Hale? I'll ask him.

What is the big difference?

It's the one thing when one employee say HIS explanation.
And it's another thing when NASA say the OFFICIAL explanation.

Do you see now what is the big difference?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

What is the big difference?

It's the one thing when one employee say HIS explanation.
And it's another thing when NASA say the OFFICIAL explanation.

Do you see now what is the big difference?

And which 'official explanations' are you claiming are falsified?

BTW, I have my own list -- and have won national journalism awards
for documenting them. also, I have the unique honor of being denounced
by name (in Feb 2000) for promoting 'loony' theories about NASA coverups.

So I've smelled the gunpowder. How about you?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
More ways to keep the NASA entity funded ?

Just curious. I can imagine the announcement "We are not alone. We need more funding to determine who they are"

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hotrice

Forgive me for stating the obvious, but those are just unknown objects, assumed likely "stuff" that fell off the shuttle, in fact, they were inspecting the shuttle to ensure it was sound for reentry. The objects did not "fly" in other words, didn't show intelligent behavior. And they were only a "triangle" in as much as they were three of them and necessarily three points describe a triangle.

To suggest that NASA is "getting ready to disclose" something is rather wishful thinking. If anything they are getting ready to disclose that they have no easy way to prevent adding to the pile of space junk each time a bolt or something comes loose and drifts away.

For reference, the light contrast in space with direct, unabated sunlight is so tremendous even very small objects will show a lot of bloom on the CCD's of their cameras, so the "orb like" appearance of the objects does not necessarily mean they are orbs, anything would look like an orb at that brightness.

They *might* be alien spacecraft, but I don't think anybody knows that for a fact, not even nasa, and they can just as well (and likely are!) loose bolts or wrenches, etc.

-rrr

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder

The man at the end of the video was talking about space junk. They spot space junk all the time, and some of it is so small they never really figure out what it is, or exactly where it came from. Stuff falls off the shuttle all the time...
I knew that's how skeptics would interpret it as soon as he said it. He left it very open ended. As always...

EDIT: I think it would really help if they were clearer about it. If they actually did think it was just space junk then why would they out-right claim they don't really have a clue what the objects could be. They could just say "oh it's likely just space junk reflecting from the sun" but the truth of the matter is that hypothesis wont hold up to serious scrutiny, because I can tell you now for "space junk" to glow so brightly from such a distance they would have to be of moderate size, and they would pose a hazard if they were in a close orbit of the Earth i.e. the objects would be listed and recorded and NASA would know what they are.

PS - they'd wanna be hiring some more competent engineers if "stuff falls off the shuttle all the time". It's like a fragile rusty tin can or a house of cards, falling apart in space where there's not even supposed to be a gust of wind. It's amazing the thing is even remotely safe to house humans.
edit on 14-9-2011 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

Just the opposite. Consider murphy's law and it is in fact a MIRACLE that the shuttle even works. That it works with bits of stuff falling off is just about what I would expect, based on years of experience with earth based technology, stuff breaks, and not always catastrophically.

Drive your car across the country and I guarantee that something falls off, a heat shield, a chunk of a bushing, a piece of brake friction material, etc, and it will probably still make it to the other side. Although in all likelyhood you will need some kind of service when you get to the other side (at least a tire replacement or new brakes or something) Doesn't matter if it is a mercedes or a ford. If you think bad roads give a bumpy ride, imagine rocket propulsion.

He left it open ended, *as he should*, because he, apparently, doesn't know what it is and cannot bring himself to make assumptions beyond what his evidence is able to support. But, unless I'm mistaken, your statement makes it seem as though he is being deliberately vague to "tease people" because he knows a secret. You don't see this as reading too much into his words? I do.

-rrr

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by manticorex5

They know it's some type of Space Junk, just not what kind it is or what object it came from.

OP's video is misleading, aswell as his thread title. (Clearly meant to bring in people thinking nasa said something about UFOs/Aliens.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWorldSpins
reply to post by manticorex5

They know it's some type of Space Junk, just not what kind it is or what object it came from.

OP's video is misleading, aswell as his thread title. (Clearly meant to bring in people thinking nasa said something about UFOs/Aliens.

Really? Come on! Surely you have to admit this is not just about space junk. Since when did NASA start "chasing" space junk?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever
I thought the comments by the guy at the end of the video were rather interesting. I truly believe that NASA is ready to announce that we are not alone. There have been many interesting discoveries by their scientists as of late. Conditioning the masses for disclosure?

Good wishes, but not gonna happen any time soon , NASA may say they dont even see the sky but you would believe them right.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Nasa cant explain it, but lets just say its swamp gas or chinese lanterns for the sake of ATS.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
This is the video that i point out to people that dis-believe. I have been using this video for years as it comes from fox, and was immediately take from their archives. The gentleman from nasa at the end seals the deal everytime!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

I want to make a point: Something "pacing" the shuttle is perfectly consistent with something that has been drifting slowly away from it.

-rrr

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join