It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why can't "I" break free?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I AM very confused, because I AM trying to invent logic and reason to explain what I AM.

how can some "one" invent a language to explain the "world", only to themselves, when they are all the world itself?

that doesnt make any sense.. LOL!

I stare off into the "space" in front of me, and i see that I AM ALONE, all the voices are my own, I judge myself, I exalt myself.

so whats with this body? whats with this one point of view that I must focus into many? I AM all points of view, why am I so fragmented? whats with all this effort?

Am I broken?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by BohemianBrim

You are not broken. You must invent the language to describe the world, for you invented perception. Without the language to describe what you are perceiving, then the many voices which are your own, would be silent.

You are We, and We are You, and together we perceive what is, and what is not, so that when you stare off into space you may appreciate the everything within the nothingness.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

What you need my friend is a book called the Power of Now by Eckhart Tolle. This will help you understand who or what you really are. I also recommend the exquisite J Krishnamurti, good luck.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I got confused myself since learning about all that I know.

But then I realized that whatever short-comings I had was non other than self imposed barriers of beliefs, that made what seemed so simple, seem complicated.

Until I started my thread regarding one's Purpose. I have never felt more aligned than ever before.

I hope my realization, be of some help to you...

Peace
edit on 14-9-2011 by InnerPeace2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
last night i came so close.. at least i think i did..
i say close in that i remained calm and didnt have the usual panic attack.
it was all cool, all fuzzy, all "groovy".

then the guy next door laughed really loud, and stomped his foot down really hard and shook the whole apartment building... and suddenly i was back to my "old self"... whatever that is.

why the hell did i do that? lol.

why am i trying so hard to distract myself, while at the same time trying so hard to focus and not be distracted?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
It sounds like you're having yourself a bit of an existential crisis. My suggestion is to divide everything in your life into two groups: Things you can change, and things you can't change. If you can change it, quit worrying, and do it. If you can't change it, quit worrying, and let it happen.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
I AM very confused, because I AM trying to invent logic and reason to explain what I AM.

how can some "one" invent a language to explain the "world", only to themselves, when they are all the world itself?

that doesnt make any sense.. LOL!

I stare off into the "space" in front of me, and i see that I AM ALONE, all the voices are my own, I judge myself, I exalt myself.

so whats with this body? whats with this one point of view that I must focus into many? I AM all points of view, why am I so fragmented? whats with all this effort?

Am I broken?

OP you should come to realization that it is not up to you. you won't figure it out. youre stuck i promise you.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
You are not broken.
But you are still dealing with the "I".

It's okay. We all do it.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

These issues are kind of heavy for this forum.

But you have received some good answers!

My answer (since I have been schooled a bit in these matters) :

Most people just can't quite do it by themselves. Those that could have been few and far between.

The key is to team up with someone and work on it together. Whenever you "lose" it, your "twin" steers you back into it again. And after you feel like you've made a gain, you switch places and you coach your twin.

This follows the rule that the average being requires analytical help when attempting to explore the parts of himself that are non-analytical.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
last night i came so close.. at least i think i did..
i say close in that i remained calm and didnt have the usual panic attack.
it was all cool, all fuzzy, all "groovy".

then the guy next door laughed really loud, and stomped his foot down really hard and shook the whole apartment building... and suddenly i was back to my "old self"... whatever that is.

why the hell did i do that? lol.

why am i trying so hard to distract myself, while at the same time trying so hard to focus and not be distracted?

Are you meditating or working with medicines?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
maybe we all just need to lose it and see what happens... maybe thats what is supposed to happen...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by HofmannsBicycle

yes, since birth.

how do you know what you can change?
how do you change anything?

you can move to a whole new place and meet all new people, but under the surface, nothing changes.
youre doing new things, but youre no different.

i think the only thing you can change is yourself. and it takes FOREVER. haha.
but what the hell am I?
what should i be?
should i be what i want to be? often thats a terrible idea.
should i be what everyone else thinks i should be?
should i be what i am searching for? its kind of scary, my "old self" is terrified of it. i think a lot of people would react negatively to it, even though many seem attracted to it on the internet. lol.

reply to post by saabacura

lol, i miss when it was easy to feel lazy. like being tom sawyer. always plenty of time.
we all have to keep moving, one way or another.
i feel like going forward.

or up... or out.... whatever.

reply to post by kyred

obviously, lol

reply to post by l_e_cox

sounds like a great idea, if i ever meet anyone i think that would be possible with, ill try it out.
though im not sure how it could work, as i really dont have any words to express my mind.

lol, so i think i might have to wait till i develop telepathy.

edit on 14-9-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by posthuman

rambling out a thought, with assistance. i often get the impulse, and i mean a real specific impulse, to speak. things just come out of my brain and tumble down to my fingers onto a keyboard. im pretty sure its "God".. or "The Devil"...same difference... more than likely its just the first signs of schizophrenia.

actually, now that i think of it, i guess im doing what l_e_cox suggested. but with more people.

reply to post by ashtonkusher

lose what?
who decided what was supposed to happen?
edit on 14-9-2011 by BohemianBrim because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   

oh god, reading that OP almost sucked me back into old habbits! lol
I used to ask myself those questions all the time, all day long, with everything I did. I used to asked that question about everyone I met:
"who am I? What is 'I' compared to 'he/she'? What is this moment? Who's moment is it? Where do the thoughts that define 'I' come from?... etc, etc,etc"
It really drove me insane for a while when it was all I could focus on, I even bothered other people with my questions and most of them just looked at me as if I had lost it. lol

Then, as someone already sugested, I found another wonderer and spend hours and hours talking to her about this subject. This went on for almost a year.... untill at one point I was just 'done' with it. I didn't feel like wondering about it anymore. It's as if I surrendered to 'what is' and accept that certain answers aren't available yet. It just happened without a struggle.

But what I gained from it was the insight that the 'I' that I am, is almost unlimited in her options... she can start new journeys, reach new goals, have new experiences... and it will all 'add' to the 'I'.
It doesn't matter what you do or how others perceive you.... as long as you have goals, hopes and dreams you'll grow.

Your "I" is the whole of you. Keep it satisfied. If it wants to question, then question for as long as it takes.
Just know that after this one, there will always be a next round... your never really done

s and f for the interesting topic

edit on 14/9/2011 by GypsK because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

I think therefore I think I am.

ps. a hint, there is a voice in there that is not yours ... I know.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:44 AM
link   
The voice you can hear in your head saying 'I' is not you. It is an appearance, a thought form, no different from the clouds in the sky. What you are is the hearer of thought, like you are the seer of clouds. This person you 'think' you are (the character) can be watched from a silent peaceful place. The silent peace is what you really are.
You are like the movie screen on which all appearances appear. All 'things' (including thought and body) are just appearances that are constantly changing. What you are never changes, it is eternal.
You are presence.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

The only way that 'I' can break free is by realizing that it does not exist. Until then you will be in bondage.
Self realization is the realization that there is no 'me'.

Who is it who knows there is no self?
youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
What you are is the hearer of thought, like you are the seer of clouds. This person you 'think' you are (the character) can be watched from a silent peaceful place. The silent peace is what you really are.

don't want to reply with a one-liner... but

I really like how you've put that

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I just felt the need to say this: One must first die to themselves in order to really Live.

You have to give up the ego before you will be free.

Think about it,
Pax

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itisnowagain
The voice you can hear in your head saying 'I' is not you. It is an appearance, a thought form, no different from the clouds in the sky. What you are is the hearer of thought, like you are the seer of clouds. This person you 'think' you are (the character) can be watched from a silent peaceful place. The silent peace is what you really are.
You are like the movie screen on which all appearances appear. All 'things' (including thought and body) are just appearances that are constantly changing. What you are never changes, it is eternal.
You are presence.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

Reminds me of this vid...I've posted it before, but always a good one!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join