It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reading man jailed for dead girl 'trolling' insults

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by blupblup

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
All speech HAS to be protected. You can't pick and chose what is allowed to be said because it upsets you.

No it doesn't.

Free speech stops being free speech when it becomes hate speech.

There are laws against it and for good reason

So you are promoting hate speech against hate speech??

And you are also promoting hate against all people who promote hate.

I guess you should go to jail. I will seek the maximum punishment.

You not only offend me greatly with your harsh comments but you have hurt my feelings deeply and now I am emotionally unstable as a consequence.

Someone arrest this man!!

say hateful things against anyone i know, love, care about and i will eat your lunch.

and kick your as s just for good measure.

say it against someone i know, love, care about, that has passed on and you have some serious problems.

need a troll slayer in this world, where did they all go to?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

Words are JUST words. PEOPLE are jerks at times, stop being sensitive and get over it.

If you don't have freedom of speech you have nothing.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

say hateful things against anyone i know, love, care about and i will eat your lunch.

say it against someone i know, love, care about, that has passed on and you have some serious problems.

You just threatened me if I dared to open my mouth critical of you or your associates.

Don't you realize how you are threatening and hateful in your remark? You just threatened me out in the open, over a hypothetical. But it was direct and personal.

How come all the self-righteous 'do-gooders' always end up threatening violence when someone says something they don't agree with?

You do realize that in the USA I can carry a gun legally? And that if anyone touched me in response to my opinion (me saying something) I would have to defend myself with full force since I am a small person and cannot possibly fight someone that weights 200lbs more than me?

That was totally uncalled for honestly. I think you have gone way overboard with your post.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   

reply to post by fooks

Words are JUST words. PEOPLE are jerks at times, stop being sensitive and get over it.

Well we have nothing apparently.

If you say anything critical of anyone these days they threaten violence as a repercussion.

I don't call that a friendly environment for free speech.

Hell I just got threatened with violence directly over a hypothetical in this very thread.

I guess the human race is little more than over-sensitive cavemen, just now with guns and airplanes.
edit on 15-9-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   
reply to post by lifeissacred

Having been cyber bullied myself just last week, I agree with you that the social networking site should take a lot of responsibility for this. I am an adult, bullied by an adult. It sounds like this fellow has a form of autism, however, again, the site should be monitoring this type of talk much more closely.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

"Words" are hurtful and a bully is full of the most mean spirited, vile and demeaning words that are out there. It's verbal abuse and verbal abuse many times escalates to physical abuse.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by mnmcandiez

You dont have free speech, youve just been told a lie often enough that you believe it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

I think youve just proved why you need this law.
Only in america l would trolling end up in a gun fight.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

You just threatened me if I dared to open my mouth critical of you or your associates.

Don't you realize how you are threatening and hateful in your remark? You just threatened me out in the open, over a hypothetical. But it was direct and personal.

How come all the self-righteous 'do-gooders' always end up threatening violence when someone says something they don't agree with?

You do realize that in the USA I can carry a gun legally? And that if anyone touched me in response to my opinion (me saying something) I would have to defend myself with full force since I am a small person and cannot possibly fight someone that weights 200lbs more than me?

That was totally uncalled for honestly. I think you have gone way overboard with your post.

ya right, when the SHTF what would you do?

why the heck would you open your mouth against what i deem important anyway?

death wish? starting trouble? free speech?

actually you flatter yourself, it was "anyone" i was talking to.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

reply to post by fooks

Well we have nothing apparently.

If you say anything critical of anyone these days they threaten violence as a repercussion.

I don't call that a friendly environment for free speech.

Hell I just got threatened with violence directly over a hypothetical in this very thread.

I guess the human race is little more than over-sensitive cavemen, just now with guns and airplanes.
edit on 15-9-2011 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

yes muzzie, just keep talking out your butt with the comforting reassurance that nothing will ever come back at you.

and you are not hurt, so stop the crocodile tears.

geeze, talk about over sensitive!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

I was being facetious because I can't stand authoritarians who seek totalitarian control over the speech of other people.

I have the right to criticize anyone I want, including you, your mom, and anyone else I want. Isn't that what we do all day anyways, look at TV the papers or magazines, it's all gossip and crap-talking. Everyone talks very negative on celebrities all day but somehow they are lesser than human and it's ok but if anyone says anything to you it's suddenly not ok. I find this very hypocritical.

If you touch me, you are breaking the law and I can use any defense method I deem appropriate legally. That's life and that's how the law works.

Ever seen two people arguing and then one punches the other? Who does the police officer press assault charges on? The one who talked or the one who gets violent and beats people up?

You can say anything you want about my family, and I will merely reply in kind with WORDS.

Upping the ante from opinions to punches is just asking for upping it another notch, to weapons. How else do you think all those reports on the nightly news happened anyways?

If you resort to threatening people with violence due to their OPINIONS, than you are not a civilized human being and are instead akin to a barbarian.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Its got nothing to do with opinions, what he did was far, far beyond that. People have rights to an opinion, not to make other peoples lives a misery.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Flyer

How does pressing buttons on a keyboard create misery for someone else?

(This is in the instances that it was not hacking or theft related).

Please explain in depth, how people cannot simply pick a better place to visit on the web if they feel it hurts their feelings. Also can't they choose not to read it?

Instead of people having to censor themselves, how about people just choose to ignore folks that say things they don't like?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Flyer

Its got nothing to do with opinions, what he did was far, far beyond that. People have rights to an opinion, not to make other peoples lives a misery.

Also if it wasn't an opinion, are you saying he was just stating facts?

Because there are only two choices, it was opinion or it was factual.

Can we just use language correctly if we are going to debate at least? Maybe I am just really picky about semantics but I honestly think the mistakes made reveal the vulnerability within the arguments made.

If you cannot even use language correctly, how do you expect to convince me of anything?

Keep in mind, I am capable of being convinced when approached correctly with compelling ideas. However I have only seen people seeking to use the government as a weapon to silence their critics. That's not very convincing.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

reply to post by fooks

I was being facetious because I can't stand authoritarians who seek totalitarian control over the speech of other people.

I have the right to criticize anyone I want, including you, your mom, and anyone else I want. Isn't that what we do all day anyways, look at TV the papers or magazines, it's all gossip and crap-talking. Everyone talks very negative on celebrities all day but somehow they are lesser than human and it's ok but if anyone says anything to you it's suddenly not ok. I find this very hypocritical.

If you touch me, you are breaking the law and I can use any defense method I deem appropriate legally. That's life and that's how the law works.

Ever seen two people arguing and then one punches the other? Who does the police officer press assault charges on? The one who talked or the one who gets violent and beats people up?

You can say anything you want about my family, and I will merely reply in kind with WORDS.

Upping the ante from opinions to punches is just asking for upping it another notch, to weapons. How else do you think all those reports on the nightly news happened anyways?

If you resort to threatening people with violence due to their OPINIONS, than you are not a civilized human being and are instead akin to a barbarian.

ya ya, this is the internet.

screw you, you want my address, i will buy the beer.

don't feign some supposed slight and threat.

lol! it was not against you, specifically.

knuckle sandwiches all around.

i was kidnapped and beaten around 1980 by 2 guys that got 7yrs on felony charges.

mofo broke his hand hitting me in the head and face, lol!!

i could have messed them both up but i refrained from violence.

do i regret not killing them both? naw, i'm still alive and they are in prison.

and have to pay me restitution.

my nose is still out of whack. lol!

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Slavich

Originally posted by Flyer
reply to post by Slavich

He is a criminal, what he did is against the law. He probably doesnt even have a job anyway.

So youd rather someone do that and youd have to have a fight than not have them do it at all, that makes no sense.

Having control of my life and freedom DOES make since.

Having someone dictate you and people around you DOESNT make since.

That's why you are of your personal opinion, you can't even use sense which shows you can't comprehend it!
Hey, JUST MY OPINION!
Let's see how long,,,,,(stop watch).

Now just to be clear, you have demonstrated that you don't even know the law. Plus the fact that in reality, this happened in a different country and not the US - which does have harrassment laws. Oh not to forget slander and libel laws! If you don't know what those are, look them up -
that is after you look up the difference in since (tense) and sense (noun/pronoun).

edit on 15-9-2011 by DaWhiz because: add eyes

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

reply to post by Flyer

How does pressing buttons on a keyboard create misery for someone else?

(This is in the instances that it was not hacking or theft related).

Please explain in depth, how people cannot simply pick a better place to visit on the web if they feel it hurts their feelings. Also can't they choose not to read it?

Instead of people having to censor themselves, how about people just choose to ignore folks that say things they don't like?

I will gladly do so at the risk of TOS at that!
Your child dies at the hands of people who believed your child was doing wrong - let's say he's 15.
Instead of closing his social network page, you leave it as a memorial.
The kids who bullied (possibly killed) your son in school takes this opportunity to tell the world your son killed himself because he was outted for being gay and proceeds to put up obvious hoax pics of your kid in lewd compromising positions.
The site tells you there's nothing that can be done about it (actual story but references changed to prevent suit.). So now your dead son's social network page is defaces with lies you can't even redress in criminal court. Civil court won't provide the same enforcement power to assist with subponea or enforcement because this scum is protected by his freedom of speech.
So I guess you just (pardon the pun) suck it up huh?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
Just checking in again to see if anyone who is against this is in favor of also decriminalizing the ability to walk up to people and shout insults at them, which is generally considered a crime wherever you go.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by sepermeru

Lol that's not illegal at all. If I walked around telling everyone that I think they're ugly and a waste of space I wouldn't be arrested or given a ticket if the cops were called. Or in another scenario... if someones mother had died and I started to tell that person how much of a "slut" or any other derogatory word I thought she was, I AGAIN wouldn't be arrested or given a ticket.

This man isn't guilty of anything else other than pissing a bunch of people off. You all may need to go through your list of laws and really think about what is too much and what is really important.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I'm probably older than you are and when i was younger i thought violence could right the injustices of the world. But as i've gotten older i see that violence only brings more violence, it won't solve online bullying. As for your (zero tolerance) policy i have no idea what you are refering too.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join