It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reading man jailed for dead girl 'trolling' insults

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
He deserved to be locked up, he did break laws, hate speech, etc etc.

This clumfugget and others like him need custodial sentences to warn others that it is not OK to hurt people emotionally, or cause distress in times of grief, it is wrong!

Yes there is freedom of speech, but then there is being an out and out cleppet of society!

For those of you saying don't go on social networking sites if you can't handle it, "SOCIAL NETWORKING" not "ANTI-SOCIAL NETWORKING". It is a place of friends and peaceful craic, these people who troll have NO RIGHT being there if they cannot act like social human beings!

EDIT: Another thing, don't give me Aspergers this or deadly whatever disease that, yes it may be unfortunate, but why should innocent people have to suffer, and even commit suicide?
edit on 14/9/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by blupblup

Careful mate. They will ban you without warning for 'hate speech' if someone complains or messages admin/mods.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Of course anything which, if you were to walk up and say it to the face of someone's dear old mother, would be criminal in nature is also criminal in nature when done anonymously or digitally.

You do know that it's not legal to walk up to people and shout insults in their face, even in the US, right?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It should NOT be illegal,
and neither should the ass beatings that come from said behavior.

You just cant legislate kindness and compassion and common sense, sometimes you just learn by an ass beating(s).

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
its an outrage he was jailed. these people care for nothing more than their selfishness. when somebody dies people aren't crying for them, they're crying for themselves because THEY lost somebody. its just selfishness in my book. people die every day, its just a part of life. death is taken too seriously now a days.

edit on 14-9-2011 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
i think the word trolling as defined above is just stupid. if your on a website that invites debate then your gonna get alot of one lined sentences about their op. To me thats not trolling.

however on a site such as FB where this isnt really excepted then yes this is wrong.

now on to how i feel, why do jails exist?

is it because as a society we have morals, as with a percentage that just seems like they dont. so we make up laws to enforce how the majority of the population feels. And the police cruise around and enforce it because those with loose morals dont quite seem to figure out the rest of the civilization they live in want them to act a certain way.

so in this case i agree they should have locked this guy up. every essence in your body should say this is wrong, and someone should do something about it. hence jail time.

now trolling in general imho is a way over used and abused word on the internet. so i dont think it applies on every facet of life or the internet.
edit on 14-9-2011 by InshaAllah because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rekrul
its an outrage he was jailed. these people care for nothing more than their selfishness. when somebody dies people aren't crying for them, they're crying for themselves because THEY lost somebody. its just selfishness in my book. people die every day, its just a part of life. death is taken too seriously now a days.

edit on 14-9-2011 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

i do agree with this in theory but not in application. Death for me is a release from the slavery of this world. But to those who have not passed who still live in fear and uncertainly are going to be sad even more so if they were a loved and or great person. a loss of life in this world will always be missed by someone.

you just dont go to someones funeral and start hollering how you can give a freak if this so and so is dead. that they where a horrible person etc.

someone is going to call the cops, or someones gonna punch you in the face. they choose the 1st. end of story

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
I think if you're ignorant/unenlightened enough to actually be offended by some other ignorant moron's comments on the internet, you should be trolled and the troll should receive no penalty. It was an absolute waste of taxpayer money and time to jail this guy for posting "offensive" comments on the internet. When are people going to grow up and realize it doesn't matter? If anything, the guy should've received an asskicking. Don't waste money on somebody like that. He's not even worth arresting.
edit on 14-9-2011 by saneasylum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
This country really will put you in prison for anything, eh? I don't see that trend changing anytime soon.

I'm not saying this man didn't deserve ANYTHING, but putting someone in jail for comments they make online seems a bit far-fetched. I say that assuming he wasn't threatening the rest of her family of something.

I'm sure we've all experienced trolls at some point in our life. Annoying? Yes. Illegal? No.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BetterCallSaul

Yes illegal, hate speech, causing emotional distress, misuse of communication.

It would be illegal to kick the living crap out of the guy, so jail is the next best thing.

If you truly believe this man does not deserve jail for causing misery to others, you need to check your human morality.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
then I think you deserve jail time for helping the labor party to load up your freedoms and haul them to the dump - I and my entire country find that principle to be offensive.
edit on 14-9-2011 by circuitsports because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by woogleuk
reply to post by BetterCallSaul

Yes illegal, hate speech, causing emotional distress, misuse of communication.

Illegal? Lol no. What kind of "hate speech" was there? Being in traffic causes emotional distress... should everyone driving be given a ticket?

This is absolutely madness!!!

What kind of misuse of communication is there? He was speaking his opinion. He was being truthful to them. You guys over there have got a lot to learn.

That law is just dumb. He was just having fun. Those people had every right to mute/block or whatever just as he had every right to post whatever he wanted on a public social networking page. I hope I see your social network page after you die so I can mock the heck out of it.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by circuitsports

Freedom to hurt other people emotionally in times of grief when they are at their most vulnerable? Well you know what, I'm glad I offend you, because if that is your idea of freedom, you sicken me to the stomach.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that you have probably made someone cry before. SHould you be jailed for that?

Where do you draw the line with 'hate speech'?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by joshter
I hope I see your social network page after you die so I can mock the heck out of it.

Yet another example of a twisted inhuman being with no sense of respect, care or understanding.

It is not freedom of speech, it is hatred, nastiness, pure and simple, simple like your mindset.

At least I will die knowing I never cause harm to others, well, not emotionally anyway.

And how the hell was he speaking his opinion by taking the piss out of a young girls death?

You sir are an idiot.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
I am going to have to agree that jaling people over
speech is a dangerous road to drive down.

This guy is a total loon, I agree.
I am glad in America we have protection
against being prosecuted over speech.

When does what is constituted as hate speech
gets so politcally correct that talking crap against
the government or a law enforcement officer cross
that line and people start getting prosicuted over it?

Or people who talk about religous groups. Or people who talk about
atheist..

You could even argue calling an obese person *a fatty* is hate speech..

Everyone saying he deserved an ass beating, maybe so.
What goes around comes around folks (some people believe it as karma), you do not go around
being mean, hateful, and a prick, without it catching up with you at some point..
edit on 14-9-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

The line is drawn when you take the piss out of a young girls death, to a family you have never even met before.

It's called justice for the pain that arseholes comments caused the family of the young girl who ended her life becaue of bullying.

I have NEVER caused anyone pain by such means.

I HAVE broken bones of those who have done it to my family and my friends.

Anyway, I'm outta here, you lot who are defending this clown are just morons.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

You just don't get it. IT'S FUNNY. I guarantee he got a good laugh out of reading some of the responses people had. She's dead, big whoop.

Was it disrespectful? Yes. Was it rude? Yes. Did he do it to hurt someones feelings? No. Did he do it to get a reaction? Yes.

Come on!!! He's just messing with people. The parents are the only people to blame. To think that the internet, an open place where rules are vague at best, is an open, culturally safe place is plain ignorant. It should NEVER be a culturally safe place.

Nothing illegal went on here.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
People keep mentioning "trash talk" and "banter" and "Hurt feelings" and "being mean" and this kind of thing.

This "law" and the subsequent imprisonment of this hateful little man, are not just heavy handed, disproportionate, OTT measures by the NWO or some Orwellian government.

What this guy did was beyond the bounds of decency.... he didn't just call people names or mess about or be a little bit insensitive...what he did was sick.

A lot of what he said cannot be reprinted.... and the stuff that can is just disgusting.

To torment the family and friends of dead teenagers... is just

This isn't just some little prick who's taking the piss and making a nuisance of himself, this is a man who needs help and needs to be away from people for a while to think about his actions and then he needs some serious help in the mind department.
edit on 14/9/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
if he did this to someone i used to know who died very young and i met him, id be the one in jail for murder, i kid you not

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join