It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sum of all Fears : What if Elenin is Nibiru?

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

One cannot prove a negative. For example, my wallet is missing. Prove to me you don't have it.

As with all things, one must prove something is real, not that it is not since the absence of existence is already proven.

Thank you Beaux, this is just along the lines I was about to bting up.

I do keep an open mind, and I do beleive in many things that I cannot prove, but I don't bring them up if I can't prove them.

What many of the people like Theophoros don't understand is that fantastic claims require fantastic proof, and none of them have been able to provide this proof.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Ice = H20. Especially when you refer to it as "snow." There is water on these things, but again it boils down to the fact that they contain less H20 (water ice) than thought. You can weasel word it all you want. The fact remains that they don't contain as much water ice or "ice" as they previously thought and are mostly compromised of more substances than water/ice. Yet we are being taught the exact opposite. If stars spit water then it is logical that everything around us contains some H2O in some form or another. Comets simply are not one of those things. When we can find a comet that contains as much water ice as scientists claim they contain I will believe it.
edit on 13-9-2011 by DragonFire1024 because: typo

Ice = any liquid below it's freezing point. The only reason to differentiate between types of ice is so that people ignorant of the Laws of Thermodynamics and the chemical makeup of other atmospheres than earth's can understand what type of ice is being referred to.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden
reply to post by demongoat

Again you are relying on the effect only being possible through gravitation. I have heard no one claim that it is gravitation that would be causing the effect. They are claiming that the theory of an electric universe is correct and that it is electromagnetic field propagation that causes an effect.

Jaden

I hear what you are saying, so put aside gravity for now, and just look at electromagnetism.

If Elenin has such a powerful magnetic field that it is causing EQs on earth, then that same field would be causing other observable effects, such as birds no longer being able to navigate, ferrous metals floating into the air, powerful auroras, the moon shifting in it's orbit.

None of these things are happening, giving strong evidence that the "Electric Universe Theory" is invalid.

No offense intended, but speaking as an electrician and an engineer, that theory is poppycock.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
[img]http://impact.arc.nasa.gov/torino.cfm

Yes it does - and that impact causes an oceanic overturn if it lands in water.

Please tell me where, on the Torino Scale, it says an oceanic overturn will occur, I just looked it up on three different sites and couldn't find that anywhere. The most it said was a massive tsunami.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Theophoros

When the phrase no longer detecting is used, it means that previously it was detected.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Highlander64

No. it is heat, the radiation from the sun excites the molecules of every object it comes in contact with, not just atmospheres.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Theophoros
Now, the object in these two videos is right where Elenin should be :

This is a video from Stereo A which is on the other side of the Sun from Elenin - this can not be a picture of Nibiru one year behind (as some say) for it would not even be in the view of Stereo A and, I believe, the object is too large to be Nibiru if it is still a year out. This object in the (upside down) image moved from upper upper left to lower right, where it is now, over the course of time (saw that in another video) which follows precisely Elenin's approach from below the ecliptic to above it. The Author of that first video provides a link to the site he got that video from and that sight is currently unavailable.

video 1
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Some artifacts are caused by defects in the cameras or optics used to take the images. The most noticeable example of a camera defect is shown below. This is a small fiber on the surface of the Charge-Coupled Device (CCD) camera for the COR2 telescope on STEREO Ahead. The total length of the fiber is just 1 millimeter. It has been there since launch. Most likely this fiber came off of one of the clean room wipes used during the assembly of the camera. Even though the material of the wipes is selected to shed as few particles as possible, the occasional particle does end up inside the instrument.

Video 2
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Sometimes bright planets get mistakenly folded into the HI1 background calculations, creating dark "holes" in the data. For example, below is an image of the planet Venus as seen by HI1-B on September 15, 2009, compared with an image from a few days later. The computer is subtracting too much scattered light at the earlier location of Venus.

It's all been discussed here before.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
What if Elenin is Nibiru?

What if popcorn kernels are flying dragons?

See, one exists, one doesn't.

But to answer my own question - and yours - if popcorn kernels were flying dragons, flying dragons would be a lot smaller, and able to be dealt with by using a flyswatter.

Oh, and if frogs had wings, they wouldn't go along bumping their asses on the ground.

Any more questions?

edit on 2011/9/15 by nenothtu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by ZeussusZ

There are pictures of it. I believe it was nataylor who posted a nice series of photos showing it changing from a bright, round comet in the middle of August; to an elongated, dimming comet at the end of August; to being almost imperceptible at the beginning of September.

EDIT: Actually it was pazcat who posted the images, that all come from Michael Mattiazzo. In fact he has a new picture from today, which pretty much shows nothing left.

Southern Comets Homepage
edit on 14-9-2011 by Xcalibur254 because: (no reason given)

This guys video shows otherwise :

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeussusZ
reply to post by Xcalibur254

I know its dimming and changed shape, but that doesn't mean it broke up. I remember a comet (can't remember the name) a while ago that increased in brightness after it had been around the sun and moving back off to where ever.
Also didn't the moon have something to do with why it was becoming dimmer.
And what is the mass of this?
edit on 14-9-2011 by ZeussusZ because: (no reason given)

The comet you are thinking of is 1998J1 - grew brighter as it neared Sirius on its way back out...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by turk182

You forgot to say,"Allegedly" triggering earthquakes. Allegedly.

No I didn't - I have already supplied the video proof twice - go look it up.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by gamesmaster63

I may not be an expert on astronomy, but I do know that if a planet as large as Nibiru is supposed to be was as close as Elenin is, not only would we be feeling severe gravitational disturbances (i.e., our atmosphere stripping off), but it would be very visible. Even if it was absolutely non-reflective, we would see it by the occultation of the stars it was passing in front of.

If Nibiru exists at all, it is not within the recognized solar system or its effects would be seen by every professional and amatuer astronomer on earth.

If you don't agree with me, that's fine, but stop the fearmongering, we have enough to fear here on earth already, we don't need things from outside to fear.

Not if it were a Black Dwarf - virtually invisible and weakened magnetic field - until it got real close - see video I just posted with pictures of it.

Further, the evidence it is near is all over the place and the experts are ignoring them...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

[img]http://impact.arc.nasa.gov/torino.cfm

Yes it does - and that impact causes an oceanic overturn if it lands in water.

Please tell me where, on the Torino Scale, it says an oceanic overturn will occur, I just looked it up on three different sites and couldn't find that anywhere. The most it said was a massive tsunami.

Did ya try wiki?

It was also in the September Issue of IP magazine...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Now, the object in these two videos is right where Elenin should be :

This is a video from Stereo A which is on the other side of the Sun from Elenin - this can not be a picture of Nibiru one year behind (as some say) for it would not even be in the view of Stereo A and, I believe, the object is too large to be Nibiru if it is still a year out. This object in the (upside down) image moved from upper upper left to lower right, where it is now, over the course of time (saw that in another video) which follows precisely Elenin's approach from below the ecliptic to above it. The Author of that first video provides a link to the site he got that video from and that sight is currently unavailable.

video 1
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Some artifacts are caused by defects in the cameras or optics used to take the images. The most noticeable example of a camera defect is shown below. This is a small fiber on the surface of the Charge-Coupled Device (CCD) camera for the COR2 telescope on STEREO Ahead. The total length of the fiber is just 1 millimeter. It has been there since launch. Most likely this fiber came off of one of the clean room wipes used during the assembly of the camera. Even though the material of the wipes is selected to shed as few particles as possible, the occasional particle does end up inside the instrument.

Video 2
stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov...

Sometimes bright planets get mistakenly folded into the HI1 background calculations, creating dark "holes" in the data. For example, below is an image of the planet Venus as seen by HI1-B on September 15, 2009, compared with an image from a few days later. The computer is subtracting too much scattered light at the earlier location of Venus.

It's all been discussed here before.

Discussed is not proof - as one person pointed out - with the camera's focused on the sun in the distance the object would just be a fuzzy little line.

Further, I find it hard to believe that a billion dollar satellite built by NASA to observe the sun would have even a speck of dust in it.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
So - interestingly enough - apparently Obama has been ordered to Denver Airport Bunker on September 27 when Elenin lines up with Earth and Sun and, it just so happens, NASA' top geniuses are gonna be there at the same time.

I'm shocked, really.

So boys - what's it like owning a multi billion (trillion?) dollar death trap?

Enquiring minds want to know...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Seems like they're pretty scared of this "wimpy" "comet" ...

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

So, now you're resorting to using hypothetical stars that can't even possibly exist at this point of time? Current estimates state that a white dwarf would take 13.7 billion years to become a black dwarf. Not only is that older than the solar system, it's older than the universe. You really should start looking into what these terms you're using mean before you actually use them.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

ok so it hasn't broken up. So what is the mass of this thing?

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Elenin will be "aligned" (horizontally, but otherwise not) with the Sun and Earth at about 04:00 on September 27, UTC time. That's 10:00 PM September 26 in Denver.

Obama will speak in Denver on the 27th. That's cutting it pretty close. You'd think that they'd give him a little more leeway since it's the end of the world and all.
edit on 9/15/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I may not be an expert on astronomy, but I do know that if a planet as large as Nibiru is supposed to be was as close as Elenin is, not only would we be feeling severe gravitational disturbances (i.e., our atmosphere stripping off), but it would be very visible. Even if it was absolutely non-reflective, we would see it by the occultation of the stars it was passing in front of.

If Nibiru exists at all, it is not within the recognized solar system or its effects would be seen by every professional and amatuer astronomer on earth.

If you don't agree with me, that's fine, but stop the fearmongering, we have enough to fear here on earth already, we don't need things from outside to fear.

Not if it were a Black Dwarf - virtually invisible and weakened magnetic field - until it got real close - see video I just posted with pictures of it.

Further, the evidence it is near is all over the place and the experts are ignoring them...

I think you are confusing nibiru with nemesis and many people still do. Nemesis is the alleged binary companion of our sun and nibiru and planet x are the alleged planetary bodies of nemesis. Nibiru may be a planetoid "bus" for aliens to be residing on as they catch a ride toward our solar system.

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join