It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Sum of all Fears : What if Elenin is Nibiru?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by User8911
reply to post by Miccey

I guess some peoples brain overheat if they think about : What if.

Anyway it's much safer to think eeeeeverything's gonna be alright aaaaaalll the time, hence why negative posters making fun of the OP get most of the stars lol

Yup - they are either shills or they are scared spitless and that is how they deal with it...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabytz
reply to post by Theophoros

1.The orbit of every planet is an ellipse with the sun at one of two foci.

2. A line joining a planet and the sun sweeps out equal areas during equal intervals of time.

3. The square of the orbital period of a planet is directly proportional to the cube of the semi-major axis of its orbit.

Pay special attention to the third one and get back to me if you need help.

Help on what? Celestial Machanics? Quantum Physics?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by old_god

Originally posted by TiM3LoRd
people are so desperate for some semblance of meaning in their boring mundane slave like existence they will cling at any straws that offer them an escape. Lacking the courage to change their sad existence they rely on doom and gloom. of aliens saving them or comets destroying the status quo. Notice the trend that as economic climates world wide start to deteriorate people will start preaching more and more doom. You niburu nuts need to focus on the problem in front of your nose not some probable ELE that hasnt even been confirmed by amateur astronomers that have no ties to TPTB. While you look to the falling sky the real crooks are robbing you blind.

You people are so gullible. You keep falling for the same scam over and over never learning from the first one. And no matter how much people try to AWAKE you to the REAL truth you insist on feeding a fantasy that has no bearing on reality. And then complain TPTB are taking advantage of you. lol well a fool and his money are soon parted and it seems the money is almost gone. Enjoy the fantasy while it lasts. reality is about to hit you like a bucket of cold water.

I mostly agree

then just star the post instead of making a useless new one?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by the2ofusr1

Like I am about to believ your insider ...got any links or other stuff that might change my mind?
peace

Not sure I follow you. I am not an Insider but I know I have their ear, so to speak...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by charlyv
reply to post by DragonFire1024

Comets are about 50 percent water by weight.
Source: jpl.nasa.gov

Then NASA just shot themselves down cause they said they didn't find any water on Elenin.

Gee, we could use that as an argument that Elenin is not a Comet...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254
reply to post by DaWhiz

Brown dwarfs exist. You're correct about that. They also have the same albedo as Jupiter and are several times more massive than Jupiter. So, if one entered the inner solar system it would be quite apparent. Most systems are not binary however. The most prevalent stars in the galaxy are red dwarfs which are rarely part of a binary system. It's even uncommon for yellow dwarfs like our Sun to be part of a binary system. On top of that it is very rare for a yellow dwarf to be part of a binary system with a star that is not another yellow dwarf. As for the perturbations, I'm not exactly sure what your point is. If you're referring to the perturbations in the orbits of Neptune and Uranus, that was explained over 20 years ago when Voyager 2 did its flyby. And as for Elenin's orbit matching Nibiru's, last time I checked Nibiru was supposed to have an orbital period of 3600 years, not 11,800 years.

Actually, from what they know sofar, MOST star systems are binary

The Question (Submitted April 02, 1998) What percentage of the stars are binary systems? The Answer Somebody once said that "2 out of every 3 stars are in a binary". Seriously, the fraction is very high, but it's difficult to be precise, because it's difficult to prove that a certain star is definitely single. Of the stars nearest to the Sun, about half are known to be in multiple systems.

link

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbread

Originally posted by Theophoros
Some evidence seems to suggest that this is the case.

If Elenin is not Nibiru, then they two are Entangled together in such a way that, for all practicle purposes, Elenin is Nibiru.

If it is then we all die, and no bunker on Earth will save you, trust me.

Yeah - I know - I want to start a thread asking all the Insiders what it feels like to own a Billion Dollar Deathtrap...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

reply to post by curious7

Please refer to my post earlier in this thread where I explain why Nibiru (at least Sitchin and Lieder's Nibiru) does not exist. There could be a companion star in our solar system, but the odds of being on a 3600 year orbit and following the orbit Sitchin proposed are astronomical. This is because Sitchin's Nibiru is not based in any kind of fact.

Here I would have to agree with you - he got that 3600 year date out of a hat somewhere in the Summerian records.

I have shown that in all likelihood the orbit is around 900 years.

1100 AD Historian of Flowers of History reports the water in the English Channel receded out into the ocean by about 12 miles - can only have been a Pole Shift. Also reported two moons in the sky and various other strange occurances.

200 AD Would have been its last time around close to the days of Constantine.

700 BC The days of Hezekiah - sun retreats 10 degrees which can only have been a Pole Shift

1600 BC Close to the time of the Exodus

2500 BC Flood

Apparently many pole shifts are partial pole shifts and not full pole shifts. That could easily explain the occurances you mentioned above. Still a lot of doomsday bunkers have been built throughout the world under the pretense of nuclear armageddon and with a classified budget.

Makes people wonder, wtf!!! I used to hate all the republicans but Donald Rumsfeld may have been on to something really, really, really big. You said it correct sir........."Its a matter of life and death". Thanks

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
Nibiru wherever it is would have a force of gravitational attraction somewhere...and this will then affect the known planet's orbits...everything is according to our predictions (I think) therefore I don't think there is a Nibiru : )

So, here's another video of changes occuring in our Solar System right now that are best explained by a Planet X :

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by nightbringr

Further, via the Quantum Physics concept of Entanglement, if Elenin is not Nibiru, then they are entangled in such a way that, for all practicle purposes, they are the same and thus have the same affect on earth.

You do realize of course entanglement is somthing that effect particles on the sub-atomic level, right?

Your not making sense.

And you assume that larger bodies cannot be entangled together also?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Masterjaden
reply to post by openminded2011

Please pay attention... I don't necessarily prescribe to nibiru theories etc, however when I see someone with a lack of reading and or reasoning skills I have to speak up...

No one has said it will have a gravitational influence on earth at ALL that I have seen. They are referring to it's electromagnetic field under the context of an electric universe and electromagnetic wave propagation having an effect on Earth...

Jaden

That would be correct...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Romekje

And that's what used to be thought. Recent studies however have turned the number of binary vs. solitary systems on their head. Now the estimate is that 2/3 of all solar systems in the galaxy are solitary systems.

Stellar Multiplicity and the Initial Mass Function: Most Stars are Single

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by karen61057

Originally posted by SatoriTheory
Instead of wasting time with more elenin-nibiru youtube videos, you should instead look and listen at the various speeches and news articles for the symbolic meanings.

We have already been told what is going to happen.

Nibiru is no where to be seen.
Elenin is not going to hit or affect earth.

st.

Actually, it has already been proven that Elenin is affecting the earth with earthquakes via direct alignments with the sun and earth - this is through what I call Electromagnetic Wave Propagation.

Guess you might want to "look and listen" a little closer next time...

There has NEVER been any proof that Elenin caused even a hic cough let alone any earthquake. That is silly people making connections where none exist. Comets do not cause earthquakes nor do alignments with other planets or any other cellestial bodies cause earthquakes.
If you could take a few seconds out of your day to just look for information that does not support this theory you will find lots of interesting scientific publications that can give you useful information . If you only look for websites and videos that support this silly idea you will never get the full picture. Any time I want information on a subject I always look for opposing views so I can get a few interpretations of the available data. Especialy if the subject matter is like this. Get both sides. Research and look for reasons why this cannot be true. If you want the full story you will have to do that.

Yes - there is :

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I don't think the Torino Scale measures what you think it measures. It measures the likelihood of an impact with a celestial body. If something is rated 8-10 it is certain to impact. If it's a 9 and it hits water it will cause a large tsunami. If it hits land it will cause regional damage. There is no mention of mass extinction or overturning the oceans in the Torino Scale.

Yes it does - and that impact causes an oceanic overturn if it lands in water.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Can you please provide a source that says there was no water present in Elenin? I know they said cyanogen gas was present, which isn't unusual in the least. Also, considering that one of the big reasons scientists have stated that Elenin is broken up is because radio telescopes are no longer detecting water vapor coming from it. That means that at one time it was outgassing water vapor.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romekje

reply to post by DaWhiz

Brown dwarfs exist. You're correct about that. They also have the same albedo as Jupiter and are several times more massive than Jupiter. So, if one entered the inner solar system it would be quite apparent. Most systems are not binary however. The most prevalent stars in the galaxy are red dwarfs which are rarely part of a binary system. It's even uncommon for yellow dwarfs like our Sun to be part of a binary system. On top of that it is very rare for a yellow dwarf to be part of a binary system with a star that is not another yellow dwarf. As for the perturbations, I'm not exactly sure what your point is. If you're referring to the perturbations in the orbits of Neptune and Uranus, that was explained over 20 years ago when Voyager 2 did its flyby. And as for Elenin's orbit matching Nibiru's, last time I checked Nibiru was supposed to have an orbital period of 3600 years, not 11,800 years.

Actually, from what they know sofar, MOST star systems are binary

The Question (Submitted April 02, 1998) What percentage of the stars are binary systems? The Answer Somebody once said that "2 out of every 3 stars are in a binary". Seriously, the fraction is very high, but it's difficult to be precise, because it's difficult to prove that a certain star is definitely single. Of the stars nearest to the Sun, about half are known to be in multiple systems.

link

Yup - something like 70 percent or more - hence there is a good chance we are in one - some have proven we are in one - and then, suddenly, Planet X becomes real feasible. Add that to all the changes occuring right now in our Solar System and on this earth and you have a real good argument for it whether you call it Nibiru or Planet X.

Binary Research Institute :

www.binaryresearchinstitute.org...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Can you please provide a source that says there was no water present in Elenin? I know they said cyanogen gas was present, which isn't unusual in the least. Also, considering that one of the big reasons scientists have stated that Elenin is broken up is because radio telescopes are no longer detecting water vapor coming from it. That means that at one time it was outgassing water vapor.

Radio Astronomers : Bout third article down page :

Further signs that Elenin Broke Up•September 12, 2012

sydneystargazers.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Great, so if Elenin is Nibiru, then they both just broke up, as in Nibiru was destroyed. Yay no more end of the world. There must be a spaceship just like the A-Team van flying around up there taking care of business behind the Universal Military's back.
edit on 14-9-2011 by porschedrifter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I don't know that they reported any water vapor before or after breakup...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Nope. We've learned a few things in the past decade.

This comparison indicates that most stellar systems formed in the Galaxy are likely single and not binary, as has been often asserted. Indeed, in the current epoch two-thirds of all main-sequence stellar systems in the Galactic disk are composed of single stars.
iopscience.iop.org...

We consider the multiplicity of stellar systems with (combined) magnitude brighter than 6.00 in Hipparcos magnitudes. We identify 4555 such bright systems, and the frequencies of multiplicities 1, 2, . . . , 7 are found to be 2722, 1412, 299, 86, 22, 12 and 2.
journals.cambridge.org...

Combined with the fact that about 85 percent of all stars that exist in the Milky Way are red dwarfs, the inescapable conclusion is that upwards of two-thirds of all star systems in the Galaxy consist of single, red dwarf stars.
www.redorbit.com...

It actually seems that the odds are not that good that the Sun has a stellar companion. In our "neighborhood" only 33% of the sun-like stars are binary and the majority of those systems consist of stars of similar types (sun-like stars have sun-like companions). Recent studies show that the odds go down, way down, when considering a brown dwarf as a binary companion. Brown dwarfs tend to have brown dwarfs for companions, sun-like stars have sun-like stars.
www.deepfly.org...
edit on 9/14/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join