It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Bad News .338 Lapua

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
This is by far my favorite. I would love to get my hands on one of these bad boys!...

The Bad News

Here is a video of FPSRussia using one of these bad boys!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
he is a proffessional russian

beeches!!

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Beautiful gun. Maybe I can convince my son to buy one of these rather than an AR-15.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3
Beautiful gun. Maybe I can convince my son to buy one of these rather than an AR-15.

There is nothing wrong with an AR-15, each has its pros and cons and depending on what the scenario is a .338 could be overkill. The right tool for the right job. AR-15 rifles have their place just as .338s do, it depends on what you need done as to which weapon you choose.

I have been thinking about what my long gun of choice is and for a while it has been a .338.

I do not know if it will be Russian or not, but a .338 is on my radar. Get a .338, and my arsenal should be fairly well complete as far as weapons themselves are concerned.
edit on 13-9-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

edit on 13-9-2011 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
I am not really into or know my guns (from the UK) however that looked like a bad boy - I never knew you can hold so much destructive power in something so small and quite elegant.

The host has passion for his trade for sure! I could watch and listen to him for an hour or two a week easy - made it very cool.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LestatG
I am not really into or know my guns (from the UK) however that looked like a bad boy - I never knew you can hold so much destructive power in something so small and quite elegant.

And that is only the tip of the iceberg of what is out there.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

What is really out there would blow you away, literally

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
There had to be some sort of explosive device in the truck and outhouse that was set off by the .338 round hitting it, but still fun to watch.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
oh um give the mk44 any day dsc.discovery.com... now this is fire power ATK makes it! Fire in the hole still has meaning!!!
want more ok here ya go www.dillonaero.com... m134VS 240
edit on 13-9-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit. added link

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

Totally agree. The Crapper and the truck blow up, but the jug of kool-aid does not. Hmmmm....

Anyone want to drink the kool-aid?

.338 Lapua is a expensive round as are the rifles that fire them. I'll take a 7.62 NATO anyday over that....unless I win the lotto!

edit on 13-9-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
An AR-10 chambered in .338 Lupau? Sweet. Although, I have always figured that .308 was plenty of firepower.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

You can't have an awesome video without having things explode, technically the jug still exploded. A 5 gallon jug of kool-aid at a 1000m and still jumps up in the air shows that round is still powerful with precision accuracy.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
You can buy AR-15's chambered for Lapua. Throw in a piston mod kit and you've got one really nice weapon. Yes, they exist in Semi and full auto form, I can't find the one I fell in love with but it was set up for semi / full auto and was configured as a "diplomat protection device" rather than a sniper rifle. I think it was a short barrel version too w/ a folder.....

Here's a sweet Zel Taclite Lapua upper:

I'm so tempted to build my own Lapua. My last AR build was set up in a sniper config for long range target shooting. (It has a nice Match type, bull barrel I had custom fluted and crowned w/ a VTAC tube shield and a Rock River flat top upper w/ matching lower. I spent quite a few hours on the trigger for that one).

Or a better pic of the Noreen Bad News:

The Noreen uses AR15 grip, stock and trigger which is the same as any AR15 chambered for Lapua, the barrel, upper and lower will be customized.

I have a feeling "Noreen" is someone's ex wife.
edit on 13-9-2011 by ecoparity because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by KonquestAbySS

Oh, I totally agree with you as I am still a kid at heart. Whether a Blackcat firecracker or standing 300 meters away (hiding behind something solid, of course) when a JDAM goes off always brings a smile to my face.

But this vid was a bit bit scripted, don't ya think?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
I, um, Oh My God I love this guy! "First thing we're going to do is take out that sheethouse."

Hahahaha, that was awesome. And yes he had some type of explosive wired up in the outhouse and truck, obviously.

I have seen this I think on Future Weapons episode, better range, more power applied at target, with smaller round as compared to a .50 cal like the Barrett. Very, very impressive. Loved it, and he is Professional Russian.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springheel Jack
I, um, Oh My God I love this guy! "First thing we're going to do is take out that sheethouse."

Hahahaha, that was awesome. And yes he had some type of explosive wired up in the outhouse and truck, obviously.

I have seen this I think on Future Weapons episode, better range, more power applied at target, with smaller round as compared to a .50 cal like the Barrett. Very, very impressive. Loved it, and he is Professional Russian.

And a fun guy to be around as well!

2nd

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
the 338 lapua was expressly built for long range sniping,it has as much force at 1200yds as a 44mag at point blank range,and at 125.00$ per 20 rds not really a plinker

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

He looks like he knows how to have a good time!

I wish I had some place like that where I could just shoot with no hassles.

And for those wondering, that 5 gallon jug full weighs around 45lbs. 1 gallon = 8.33lbs. so that is definitely some power transfer at 1000 meters.

Lapua is not a cheap round definitely. Brass alone is crazy $.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Springheel Jack

Myself? I have configured my weapons to the ammo that will be most available when the SHTF. All still fun and functional.

7.62 NATO
.45 ACP
12 guage
.22 cal

I can carry it all, and will more than likely be able to find rounds for them as well.

edit on 13-9-2011 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Longest recorded sniper kill currently stands at 2475m (2707yds) with a .338LM L115A3 sniper rifle in Afghanistan by a British sniper. LCoH Craig Harrison shot dead both members of a 2 man Taliban machine gun section before shooting and destroying their weapon.

The round is a killer all right, but it's the nut behind the butt that is the most important factor.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join