It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Job! Jobs! Jobs! Cheering on our own slavery. Employment bubble popped. Fight against work.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by doctornamtab

What kind of system do you propose?
We need labor to maintain and perpetuate the advancement in technology.

Admittedly, there is something wrong with the following:

We work more now than we have ever before,
technology allows us to produce in exponential leaps,
why then are we getting less than our predecessors?

Because the system is ran by greedy neo-liberal swine,
Whenever you hear a politician saying that we gotta reduce taxes
and regulations you are dealing with a neo-liberal.
Why? because this politician isn't talking about small and medium business,
he's talking about multinational mega corporations and private financial institutions,
so whose profiting in the end huh?
This is one of the reason why I think Ron Paul is a traitor just like the rest of 'em.
No one is going to save you, you are your own savior.

Work should be reduced, technology should be implemented.
a 4 day work week would be a good beginning.
Leaving 3 days for people to relax and occupy themselves with
their loved ones and themselves. The biggest problem right now
facing the world is too much work. Everyone is suffering from this,
and who profits other than Corporations? How much money do you make
out of the stock market huh?

The stock market is a fraud, it is an engine that perpetuates
the need for continuous growth and continuous profit,
I'm all for investment banks, but with a one time deal return.
Continuous returns is usury, interest as well is usury,
and usury is what is causing the destruction of the system,
and worst of all, of the majority of individuals.

Everything has been turned into a business,
what most capitalists fail to understand it seems is that
the consumer is also the worker, and the worker is the consumer.
Due to Neo-liberalism and usury we not only end up with off-shoring our
industrial production to places like China, Taiwan, etc, but also our service
sector to places like India! So we not only cannot afford to meet
our basic needs (food and shelter), which ended up in large amasses of debt
by the majority of the population (which by the way have interest on them,
yea, even more usury!), we now don't have the jobs to pay them off!

There's solutions to all this, but our puppet governments will never undertake the necessary
steps to fix the damn problems in the first place. Why? Because they make money,
they're god damned no good parasites, and parasites need hosts,
and your blood, toil and sweat is to their liking. mmm, tastes like slave!

Why do you think the US government trained soldiers in urban policing and warfare in the 90ies?
To prepare for domestic civil unrest.
Why do you think the US government murdered thousands of people on 9-11?
To get into wars, plunder and rape foreign countries, and to perpetuate the
capitalist system.

Why all of this?
Because they knew the system was collapsing, they knew it in the 90ies,
It was supposed to collapse in early 2000's but they stalled it,
first with wars (war economy), then with bailouts by giving public
money to private institutions, all in the false neo-liberal logic that it would create jobs,
but instead of jobs it ended up turning private debt into public debt,
Now THEIR debts are YOUR debts, see how you were screwed?
Worst of all, you liked it, I can still remember people crying when Obama was elected.
Did it give you hope that a black man got elected? Would you feel ashamed to rebel if
a woman got elected next? It DOESN'T matter who the puppet is!

Now the economy is going down the proverbial toilet,
and what do you think they're going to do? Go on a cruise, eat caviar,
while you and your loved ones starve to death as your homes get repossessed.
The best thing out of all this? You're all going to take it, you will willingly
let the banks and corporations rob you while their pawns in government
imprison and shoot you because you believe that in the end, you will be rewarded
for your efforts. There is no American dream, it's long dead, you won't get it through
hard work, there is no "I will work harder", don't be the horse in Orwell's Animal Farm.
He ended up being shipped to the butcher's after he died, and all the animals were lied to
and told it was a hearse that he was being transported on, not a butcher's truck.
The only true change came through action, what action you undertake is your own choice.

edit on 14-9-2011 by Radekus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
The solution to the OP's problem would be, get back to nature. If you can be self sufficient then you don't need a job. Just do-it-yourself. My grandfather lived that way (early 20th century). He had 11 children to help with the chores, a big house, barn, farmland, bee hives and lots of farm animals. The only money was made when he sold the tobacco crop once a year. It was a hard life but he did not work at a "job".

I think what the OP may be seeking is no job and free stuff he needs, with no work. Dream on...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
reply to post by romanmel

Not enough arable land left, most that exists is now owned by the likes of Monsanto.
Although I don't dislike the idea of government taking over corporate land
and redistributing it to would be entrepreneurial farmers.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Radekus

Not enough arable land left, most that exists is now owned by the likes of Monsanto.
Although I don't dislike the idea of government taking over corporate land
and redistributing it to would be entrepreneurial farmers.

y
Farming isn't throwing a few seeds on the ground and waiting. There is a vast amount of knowledge needed to become self sufficient and most techno types today will not make it when the SHTF.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by patternfinder
we would end up like libya, they didn't have to pay for their houses and they didn't have to pay for their education...see what's happening to them now?

NATO invasion because it was a shinning example of
realistic freedom to the whole world, that and the fact that
Qaddafi wanted to spread this system on the African continent.
Can't have freedom in Africa, just colonialism and exploitation

Just like the rest of the world mind you.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

I avoided mentioning that part due to the length of the response, when I start talking I don't stop.
I agree with you, can't throw people who know nothing of farming on a farm,
they need technical training. I could explain the transition but it would be a long set of paragraphs.

Hmm... not when SHTF, but rather IF SHTF.

I don't think it will. The vast majority won't fight at all.
edit on 14-9-2011 by Radekus because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:07 AM
link   
I'm currently unemployed and WANT a job.
Bahhh, bahhh?

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   
Great thread - and I agree with you 100%.

I find it kind of amusing that you claim that you are not anti-labor or an 'anarchist' though - as what you describe IS basically a society based on Anarchist principles. Anarcho-Syndicalism, if I'm not mistaken. There nothing wrong with that of course, as it's probably the only human-oriented political philosophy ever devised. Google 'Bakunin', 'Alexander Berkman', 'Chomsky' etc, and you'll find them saying essentially exactly what you are saying...

dwardmac.pitzer.edu...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

well said bro, well said..

you see the game...

thank you for being you..

i too am against slavery in all of its forms.

thank yoyu

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Go try telling the farmer, the football player, the songwriter that their "jobs" are meaningless!

We need the members of the society doing things that nurture the society. That's the whole game of a human society. The fire fighters fight fires. The computer programmers program computers, etc. etc.

You throw that away and you get the death of the society. We all need a game, and the game is ourselves, our families, our groups, our communities, our companies, our states, our nations, our planet, our universe. Somewhere in all that, most of us can find a place to fit.

Unless we are actively prevented from doing so.

Various systems designed to discourage us from making our contribution have been in place for a long long time. And one of those systems has always been: Compel us to contribute! That is the money system. It treats us like shiftless do-nothings who would prefer to sleep all day than make a contribution. It's basically a lie. But when you push it at people long enough, they begin to react against it, and what do you know - they begin to turn into the "lazy" people that the system needs to justify itself! THAT's what you have to fight against! Do something.

Help the old lady across the street take care of her garden. Read a book and then write a post about it on ATS. Help an employed friend so his work is more bearable. You can always do something to remind those psychopathic bastards who want us all to believe that we are nothing but worthless garbage that they are wrong!

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Ideological dribble.

The fact of the matter is that someone has to work to put food on the table. It used to be people were more directly involved in that job by either hunting and gathering or gardening. Now we present the money we make from our jobs at the grocery store.

I think one might have more of an argument regarding our monetary system than the argument you laid out OP. The hard fact of life is that if you don't work you don't eat. The sooner you accept that the happier you will be.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Don't know if anyone has posted this but here it goes. It does follow the same idea of working for money but it Argentina found a way to create a system without money.

Check this out.

youtu.be...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
Too many assumptions and accusations in this thread.

It wasn't a manifesto, it was a quick original post designed to give a train of thought, a discussion. Yet people are in here, and already they claim the OP is a communist, a lazy degenerate just looking to have an 'easy life' handed to him.

Ugh, come on. You're better than that people.

It has nothing to do with communism. Nowhere was it suggested that everyone 'share the wealth evenly'. Rather, it was a poke at how the current wage-system is a dangerous throwback to a forgotten era. You can have the best job in the world, and work your ass off doing it, but can be thrown on the curb the next day, on the brink of poverty and starvation.

This is called a divide, and it was created to literally enslave you.

What I take out of the idea, personally, is there needs to be a push towards being independent, and further decreasing the divide between Self and Survival. Currently, "money" is the divide, and it continues to further the divide. A person needn't pay $150,000 for a college education, to learn and be employed proofreading financial statements, as their sole dependency on survival. Asinine. Totally absurd. This shouldn't be happening, but it does.

Completely dependent on the bank. The bank. Utterly enslaved to a CEO that could jack your mortgage, your rates, your livelihood, simply because he wants a pricier call girls and a new yacht. We are smarter than this, and we don't need the government or a "better president" to do it for us.

I've been saying for a while now, that "Jobs Jobs Jobs" is the new "Terror Terror Terror".
edit on 14-9-2011 by SyphonX because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

It is great to be free from the daily grind..... only problem is it is tough to go away travelling when you don't really have the means to do so....

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
My friend you are becoming enlightened to a sick world of governments, markets, and man's slavery to both. Not only is man a slave to these massive pyramids of power and wealth, but so are indigenous peoples and other species.

Begging for jobs is like begging for slavery... it's both similar to and the cause OF an elderly person being so bored with their life, so clueless about who they are and what they want out of their short, precious lives after decades of wage-slavery... that all they can think to do is go back to work, let's say... at Walmart. It's pathetic, and it's what our culture reduces us to. Begging for scraps... begging for our chains, because without our chains, without obedience to the system, we are not rewarded by the system. The vast majority of viable alternatives to our system have been wiped out, weakened, and/or positioned on the worst lands and in the worst circumstances.

You are stuck in a prison, a prison without visible bars... and that only makes it more terrible. We're already living something similar in oppression but far different than 1984 or Brave New World... it's something much older than recent history, but much younger than humanity's time on this planet.

We beg for jobs like a battered wife begs her husband to forgive her for her minor mistakes.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   

How Ethical is the Work ‘Ethic’
reconsidering work and ‘leisure time’

Did you ever wonder why your parents act so disoriented when it comes to ‘leisure’ activities? Why they start one little hobby, and either fail to follow through with it or become pathologically obsessed with it... even though it doesn't seem to have anything to do with their lives? Maybe they seek to lose themselves in gardening or following the exploits of some basketball team. Maybe your father buys all sorts of fancy tools (the kind of tools many men his age have), but only uses them for a few days before setting them aside—and then buys a lot of skiing equipment the next month. Or perhaps they just spend their time trying figure out how to pay off the debt they owe for that wide screen television they spend the rest of their time watching.

And—have they ever been honest with you about their jobs? Do they enjoy them? Is their work the most fulfilling thing they could be doing, are they able to achieve every goal they always wanted to? Do they feel heroic or proud every day as they return home—or are they exhausted? Do they turn that wide screen television on as soon as they come in the door? Do they have the energy to do anything else?

Did you ever wonder if there might be a better way for them, for you?

What is 'Work' Like?

Because of 'division of labor', most jobs today consist of doing very specific tasks, over and over, with very little variety. If you are a dishwasher, you wash dishes: you don't get to interact with people or solve complicated problems very often, and you never get to leave the dishroom to run around in the sunlight. If you are a real estate agent, you never use your hands to make anything, and you spend most of your time thinking about market value and selling points. Even jobs that include a certain amount of variety can only remain interesting and challenging up to a point: for we work forty hours a week on average, and at least five out of the seven days. That's a lot of our lives to spend working. Work is the first thing we do on most of the days of our lives, and we don't get to do anything else until we've been at work for quite a while. When we spend most of our time and energy working on one task, or even ten different tasks, eventually we will feel bored and desperate for variety... even if we are conditioned not to realize this.

On top of this, because of the spread of large businesses and the consequent decrease in self-employment and small businesses, most of us do not have much voice in what our responsibilities at work will be. It is hard to start your own business or even find a friend or neighbor to work for. We often must get a job to survive in which we follow the instructions of a manager who probably doesn't have much more control over his job than we have over ours. Since we don't get to decide what we are doing, chances are that we will feel alienated from our work, disinterested in the quality of our labor; we may even feel that the projects we are working upon are unimportant.

Indeed it is easy to feel that most of the jobs available today are unimportant—for in a certain sense, many of them are. In a purely capitalist economy, the jobs that are available will be determined by which products are in the most demand; and often the products that are in demand (military technology, fast food, Pepsi, fashionable clothes) are not products that really make people happy. It's easy to feel like all your labor is wasted when the products you work so hard to sell just to survive seem to do nothing for the people you sell them to. How many people really are cheered up by the soggy french fries at McDonalds? Would they perhaps be happier eating a meal prepared by a friend of theirs or a chef they knew who owned his own cafe?

In short, "work" as we know it tends to make us unhappy because we do so much of it, because it is so repetitive, because we don't get to choose what we do, and because what we are doing is often not in the best interest of our fellow human beings.

(Find the rest at crimethinc.com... )

edit on 14-9-2011 by NoHierarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
you are right, why do we need to work so much, when msany of the thing we rely on are automated..

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Does Obama even know how to create a job?...

You need to start a business first.

The focus should be on helping start-ups and entrepreneurs.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:39 AM
link   
OP you are so right. I work as an AI engineer for a company that designs automated robotical systems. In fact, we are on to something BIG. I have recently come up with an algorythm that will revolutionize the entire AI concept and no one would ever have to work again.

But screw it, you're right OP. Why should I go to work so that others reap the benfits of my labors? What so I can buy a boat or a house in the Hamptons? You are right, that's for losers.

I'm quitting to live in a cabin in the woods. No better yet, a treehouse in Yellowstone National Park overlooking a lake. It's what I've always actually wanted anyway; I've just been cursed with this work ethic and artificially created idea that if I bring benefits to society I'm rewarded by those benefits with benefits. That system sucks.

Good thing you convinced me of this now, in 6 months it would have been too late and everyone would have been benefitting from my intellect and long late nights coding. And for what? To make other people's lives more bearable? That's for losers.

On a side note, and speaking of bears, are there any wild animals I should be aware of in Yellowstone? If so, can they climb trees? Are there any tools someone can give me to make my treehouse? I'll probably also need someone to build it for me. If I hadn't just quit my job I woud have given you money for it, or in 6 months had a robot do it. Outside of my mathematical programming and software logic skills I'm pretty useless. Maybe someone here will do it for me if I give you a kiss? I really like this system.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   

I feel the same way. But you have to know...there must be a way to regulate the society. I think like you, and I've been advocating what you're saying for some time too, but understand that we are in the middle of a transition.

I think once we can provide free energy, we will be able to and provide food and shelter for such a low price, that the standard of life will become so high that everyone's basic needs will be satisfied.

If you look at communism, it's actually a good governing method, but what it's missing is the technologies that will give its people resources and goods that can be created at a very low cost (labor and energy). And capitalism is the economic system that helps move our path along.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join