It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would a moral God step up to his responsibilities?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

God cannot do miracles. If he could, he would.

From God’s POV, all here must be perfect. He began in perfection and would not back slide to anything less. That’s scripture. It is to us to see things as he does.

From mankind’s POV, all here is not perfection. This contrary and wrong POV is promoted by religion and is generally accepted to some degree by most people. I tend to agree with God even as most do not.

From a moral stand point, most will agree, that if one sees a wrong that they can right; they will do the right thing and right the wrong. This is the right thing to do.

The fact that there are preventable human evil acts being perpetrated by mankind, supposedly created by God, and he does not act, means that a moral God does not exist.

A moral God takes responsibility and God is not stepping up. A moral God would. If he could that is. Just as all of us would. We are in his image and know that stepping up is a good idea.

Perhaps God is not the miracles working super God. You know the one. The one that man has created to hold all of his hopes and wishes, dreams and desires, loves, ---- and hates ---, and although never seen in any real way, --- believers will kill for Him. Insanity.

If God does exist, and is not moral, then what good is he to mankind or you?
Would you want life without morals?

No wonder then that Eve, the first to be as God/human, ----yes there is a difference, ---- had the wisdom to have adam/mankind, eat of it. What a wonderful myth.

Believers who follow a God without morals, Bible God, should question why they do.
God has a basis in reality but certainly not like the God without morals that has somehow been molded by what was initially, a rather beautiful ideas. The Bible.

To think and act God like, is to ----- do unto others.
If God creates man, then it should be for a best end. Not an evil end like hell. Fact is, many millions die daily of easily preventable cause. Allowed to by a miracle working God who just does not step up.

The fact that God, who by definition, would have the attribute of taking responsibility, as any good entity would, proves beyond any doubt that a moral miracle working God cannot exists.

And if there is a miracle working God, mankind should give him a thumbs down for his lack of morals.

Can a moral God exist?
Is it moral for God who wants relevance to mankind, to not step up?
As a creator God does he have any responsibility to what he creates?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
No because moral would dictate that god should not step in.

This would only create new issues.

This is also my moral dilemma regarding organised religion, who teach that god will step in.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Greatest I am

Regards
DL

Apparently, you missed the Moral Miracle at the Crucifixion.

Perhaps you should step up to your Moral Responcibilities instead of passing the buck to God.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Greatest I am

I think it might be wrong to think of God in terms of some ethereal being who is omnipresent and able to see, determine or even care about everything that goes on on the planet when maybe God was a highly evolved guy who visited once and knocked up a few of the local girls and they still tell stories about him. Oh yes...he will be back, he said he was coming back.

I mean I am not saying it happened that way but God might be the distillation of what was a great race of people once here and now either assimilated into the population. The leader El or Yahweh whatever you want to call him might be coming back or might have moved on.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Yes, and He will. Just because He hasn't yet does not mean that judgment isn't coming. So why hasn't He stepped in yet? Because God is willing that NONE should perish, but that ALL should come to repentence. He's giving us time, He is quite patient.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Theophoros

You wrote:

["Apparently, you missed the Moral Miracle at the Crucifixion."]

Which is only a "moral miracle" according to the peculiar extremist-christian habit of ever running around in circular arguments. Because as you write later....

Quote: ["Perhaps you should step up to your Moral Responcibilities instead of passing the buck to God."]

Where this alleged 'god' actually "passed the bucket to mankind" by saying:

"Now see what you made me do".

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

From God’s POV, all here must be perfect. He began in perfection and would not back slide to anything less. That’s scripture. It is to us to see things as he does.

From mankind’s POV, all here is not perfection. This contrary and wrong POV is promoted by religion and is generally accepted to some degree by most people. I tend to agree with God even as most do not.

From a moral stand point, most will agree, that if one sees a wrong that they can right; they will do the right thing and right the wrong. This is the right thing to do.

The fact that there are preventable human evil acts being perpetrated by mankind, supposedly created by God, and he does not act, means that a moral God does not exist.

A moral God takes responsibility and God is not stepping up. A moral God would. If he could that is. Just as all of us would. We are in his image and know that stepping up is a good idea.

Perhaps God is not the miracles working super God. You know the one. The one that man has created to hold all of his hopes and wishes, dreams and desires, loves, ---- and hates ---, and although never seen in any real way, --- believers will kill for Him. Insanity.

If God does exist, and is not moral, then what good is he to mankind or you?
Would you want life without morals?

No wonder then that Eve, the first to be as God/human, ----yes there is a difference, ---- had the wisdom to have adam/mankind, eat of it. What a wonderful myth.

Believers who follow a God without morals, Bible God, should question why they do.
God has a basis in reality but certainly not like the God without morals that has somehow been molded by what was initially, a rather beautiful ideas. The Bible.

To think and act God like, is to ----- do unto others.
If God creates man, then it should be for a best end. Not an evil end like hell. Fact is, many millions die daily of easily preventable cause. Allowed to by a miracle working God who just does not step up.

The fact that God, who by definition, would have the attribute of taking responsibility, as any good entity would, proves beyond any doubt that a moral miracle working God cannot exists.

And if there is a miracle working God, mankind should give him a thumbs down for his lack of morals.

Can a moral God exist?
Is it moral for God who wants relevance to mankind, to not step up?
As a creator God does he have any responsibility to what he creates?

Regards
DL

Lol, God is VERY moral. Who do you think Jesus Christ was? He was God in the flesh and he preached to love everyone and to be at peace. He tried to derail us from our destructive ways and we nailed him to a cross for it.

Youre trying to judge God by man's standards and it just doesn't work because he is above man. I'm sorry False Prophet, that my God doesnt fit into your definition of being a Genie in a Bottle.

God doesn't have to take responsibility for anything, he told us not to sin, and we did it anyway. He didn't put a gun to our heads and force us to eat of the tree of forbidden knowledge.

News flash, man is not perfect. Men murder eachother. Men rape women, woman murders her children in the womb, man and woman both partake of drugs and forniction. Look around you don't see God commanding you to do any of that, youre doing it on your own just fine. Hows about you MEN take responsiblity for your own actions instead of trying to blame a being who has done nothing more than give you chance after bloody chance to do right by him and you throw your feces in his face and declare war on him like the monkey you are.

God's delusion on you is so strong that even his Children are shouting to you of the cliff youre about to walk over and still you refuse to pay attention. Were living in the last days, and what is meant for us is not meant for you. God has deemed that you are unworthy for His kingdom because he has closed up your mind and closed your heart so that you will believe the lie that he does not exist. It has been foretold in the last days that he would do this to weed out the "sheep" from the "goats", looks like you fall into the goats category.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

There is something the New Testament calls the Prince of this world. This is maybe who you are referring to as not being moral.
If a lower case G god is who is running things on this planet, then I would agree that we need to have a rebellion against this god. A way to do that is to be more moral than that god.
If you mean another god, as in the god who would be sovereign, higher than the prince, being negligent, then that is a different situation. Is this God, the Most High God immoral by not having killed this evil prince god a long time ago? If you were looking at the situation from the point of view of the council of princes, it may not be so obvious a solution to the overall question.

edit on 12-9-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

You wrote:

["Youre trying to judge God by man's standards and it just doesn't work because he is above man. I'm sorry False Prophet, that my God doesnt fit into your definition of being a Genie in a Bottle."]

Whereas it's OK to use a self-proclaimed authority and its self-proclaimed premises to play 'guru' for other people.

Quote: ["God doesn't have to take responsibility for anything,...."]

Ofcourse he does (should he somwhow be real to any extent)

Quote: ["he told us not to sin, and we did it anyway."]

According to the probably most absurd religious doctrine ever invented.

Quote: [" He didn't put a gun to our heads and force us to eat of the tree of forbidden knowledge."]

What good is a dead slaverace?

Quote: ["News flash, man is not perfect."]

And this inverted logic 'proves' your alleged 'god'?

Quote: ["Men murder eachother. Men rape women, woman murders her children in the womb, man and woman both partake of drugs and forniction."]

Almost like in OT. Those were the good old moral days, when your demon-'god' had control.

Quote: ["Look around you don't see God commanding you to do any of that,"]

Actually he's not seen at all.

Quote: ["youre doing it on your own just fine."]

I can only speak for me, but I'm doing fine.

Quote: ["Hows about you MEN take responsiblity for your own actions instead of trying to blame a being who has done nothing more than give you chance after bloody chance to do right by him and you throw your feces in his face and declare war on him like the monkey you are."]

That's good. Just let the holy wrath out. If you bottle it, it could lead to all kinds of problems (or so they say).

Quote: [" God's delusion on you is so strong that even his Children are shouting to you of the cliff youre about to walk over and still you refuse to pay attention."]

Yes, yes, we have heard you. It's like living next to a steelmill.

Quote: ["Were living in the last days, and what is meant for us is not meant for you."]

Ofcourse not, you are an 'elect', .........'holier than thou'.

Quote: ["God has deemed that you are unworthy for His kingdom because he has closed up your mind and closed your heart so that you will believe the lie that he does not exist."]

A Calvinist, that explains much.

Quote: ["It has been foretold in the last days that he would do this to weed out the "sheep" from the "goats", looks like you fall into the goats category."]

Compared to sheep, goats are much more pleasant animals, so I would like to be in the goat category of your righteousness also. Please.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

I have went through, maybe still going through this exact delima. One theory I have is (short form) We are all one with God in Gods heavens, We always consult God before making decisions, at some time I, our you or whoever made a decision without consulting God, like lucifer, he tried to take over the heavens, ( he was making his own decisions) God cast lucifer to earth and no where in the bible does it say lucifer left earth, so next thing I or you or whoever know I?we are cast to earth to learn our mistake(s) livign in satans space. If there is a just God that is one of my theorys. Another theory is, whoever these God(s) are we are worshipping are playing games with us because to let a living creation come to the brink of anialation like what is happening know across the golobe can only mean something very hateful, negative and cruely is over seeing us.
peace

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Ummm you should like the Devil. Thread fail.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
You people really don't know where you are......keep tormenting each other and yourselves and you will be here for a long....long..time.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by metaldemon2000
No because moral would dictate that god should not step in.

This would only create new issues.

This is also my moral dilemma regarding organised religion, who teach that god will step in.

How would God be immoral by taking responsibility for his creations?
As a parent, do you think it immoral for you to take some responsibility for a child you created and reared?

As to new issues. Free will should not be part of your reasoning as God has been shown to interfere before in a rather destructive and genocidal way.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

A moral God would grant us the freedom to choose, and ask us to step up to OUR responsibilities.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theophoros

Regards
DL

Apparently, you missed the Moral Miracle at the Crucifixion.

Not at all but if you think it is moral for you to profit from God setting the condition for having his son murdered, then you have missed the whole notion that the Bible is trying and obviously failing to teach you.

Have a good drink of that barbaric blood sacrifice. You will need the moisture when God sends you to hell for trying to ride his son into heaven instead of getting there on your own.

I see you do not take your own responsibilities so what you have to say about God taking his will not have any value.

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

I think it might be wrong to think of God in terms of some ethereal being who is omnipresent and able to see, determine or even care about everything that goes on on the planet when maybe God was a highly evolved guy who visited once and knocked up a few of the local girls and they still tell stories about him. Oh yes...he will be back, he said he was coming back.

I mean I am not saying it happened that way but God might be the distillation of what was a great race of people once here and now either assimilated into the population. The leader El or Yahweh whatever you want to call him might be coming back or might have moved on.

Or most likely never existed in the first place.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SavedOne

Yes, and He will. Just because He hasn't yet does not mean that judgment isn't coming. So why hasn't He stepped in yet? Because God is willing that NONE should perish, but that ALL should come to repentence. He's giving us time, He is quite patient.

Where was that patience at Sodom or in Noah's day?
Where they given the time to all be saved?

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

Lol, God is VERY moral. Who do you think Jesus Christ was? He was God in the flesh and he preached to love everyone and to be at peace. He tried to derail us from our destructive ways and we nailed him to a cross for it.

Youre trying to judge God by man's standards and it just doesn't work because he is above man. .

Whose standards am I to use if not man's?

You tell me I am not to judge God and you immediately judge him to be above man.
You can judge and I cannot then?
Thanks for the level playing field for our chat.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by lbndhr

I have went through, maybe still going through this exact delima. One theory I have is (short form) We are all one with God in Gods heavens, We always consult God before making decisions, at some time I, our you or whoever made a decision without consulting God, like lucifer, he tried to take over the heavens, ( he was making his own decisions) God cast lucifer to earth and no where in the bible does it say lucifer left earth, so next thing I or you or whoever know I?we are cast to earth to learn our mistake(s) livign in satans space. If there is a just God that is one of my theorys. Another theory is, whoever these God(s) are we are worshipping are playing games with us because to let a living creation come to the brink of anialation like what is happening know across the golobe can only mean something very hateful, negative and cruely is over seeing us.
peace

I agree. If there is such an overseer, that God is an a hole.

Regards
DL

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileslong54

Ummm you should like the Devil. Thread fail.

His imaginary morals do seem to make more sense that the morals of your imaginary friend.
Who has murdered more people? Satan or God.
Who hardened Pharaoh's heart just so he could kill off the first born of Egypt?

Regards
DL

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join