It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are we at our own end, the end of the world, or just a massive change. or nothing at all?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Lately it seems everyone everywhere is chattering about 2012 "the end of the world." I'm frankly still on the fence on the subject but i'm game for a change. However these past few years events both big and small have been uncanny in similarity, many of them could certainly make one wonder. In January this year we had the start of the final cycle of the mayan calender in a course of two weeks we had dozens of reported ufo sightings, even a ufo over the temple mount in jerusalem, hundreds of mass unexplainable animal deaths, rumors of WW3, plus countless other phenomena. Then, suddenly things returned to normal, nonetheless times are strange. Maybe times just seem strange because of the ease of access to information, much thanks to ATS, or maybe something is coming. I personally have a gut feeling that a change is coming, not a small change like a new president but a massive catastrophic change, one that cannot be predicted, something that will come like a thief in the night, something that will knock humanity of it's feet. It will be something the forces Darwins theory to take over, it will threaten our very existence.

I digress, this is not a prediction, or anything to scare anyone. As I said i'm still a bit skeptical, nothing may even happen at all. It's just a feeling, I guess i'm just curious if any of you have any similar beliefs or theories, what's your take on the subject. I'm always interested to hear, thanks.
edit on 9/11/2011 by JohnCreed777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnCreed777

I've got so many people around me who are of a similar mind that it's sort of hard to not be that way. Funny thing is? None of these people are religious nuts. Heck, a few of them are Atheists.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I have also felt a change..im not sure if its something in the air..or a gut feeling but its definitely there. Its hard to speculate exactly what is going to happen..but i do believe it will change the world...for the better? for the worse? who knows. I suppose all we can do is sit back and wait for the show to start.

S&F

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
things are bad thus people think apocalypse is now. wait 5 years when things are returning to normal in the economy and it will be a thing of the past. Its a common story.
edit on 11-9-2011 by Old77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
i think the new era of evolution is coming our way.

maybe its the end of this time and a start for something new?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnCreed777

It shouldn't be long now. Just wait and see.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

That is true I suppose we are influenced by the opinions of those around, I'm Agnostic but it's hard not to have some feeling about it.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
the 'Armegeddon '& 'end-of-world' meme is a deeply ingrained thought line we (the global collective of humanity) are forced & reinforced to belive is the natural order of history...mostly by religions

its a universal theme...Kali Yugas....Brown Dwarf 2nd Sun...2012....Hopi Kachinas, ...Essene War Scroll about the Sons of Light battle versus the Sons of Darkness (Belial)

the End-of-World is another Archtype in the human brain... probably inserted into our DNA
edit on 11-9-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntoast

Thats sounds about right to me maybe a new age, also seems like ufo's are being spotted maybe that has something to do with it.. maybe ppl are changing.maybe the dna is changing who knows

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by burntoast

Thats sounds about right to me maybe a new age, also seems like ufo's are being spotted maybe that has something to do with it.. maybe ppl are changing.maybe the dna is changing who knows

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
This is a bit like a McDonald's menu, rush in order it up, and rush out with what you want, so make your mind up, to whatever pleases you.
At our stage, mother nature, or better still, Mother universe calls all the ultimate shots. Apart from that only Earth humans, can make their own end of the world, and it would be a shame to destroy it on a collective whim.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
The city is just being rebuilt that's all.

Some won't be there to witness it either.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I think that every generation, or every few generations, feels that their generation will be the last, that something big is about to happen that will either change or destroy everything...it is almost hard-wired into us, I think...so we gravitate toward trying to manifest it, trying to find something, anything, to latch onto to say "there it was THAT was the event.". I think it is part fatalism, part ego. I think it happens because Man needs definition, and that definition is most often created in the face of conflict or hardship. Right now, despite the fact that we are facing a pretty rough recession, despite the fact that we have unending conflict in the Middle East...despite the fact that things, pretty much, suck at the moment...we are in a transition, and have been for decades, in which we are having real difficulty finding our definition...figuring out who we are.

Personally, I do think we are in a stage of transition. To what, I don't know but I have my ideas, and if I am right, it will be bad in the short term but good/necessary in the long term.

The thing is, I don't think in terms as fatalistic as most...I don't see a WW3, I don't see an end...merely a cycle and a pendulum.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Massive changes will come, good and bad, we will soon see changes in human evolution due to advances in technology etc again good and bad changes.

It will be interesting to see how advanced AI and computers will become, and if it's possible for it to become concious and evolve into a life form that will be far more intelligent than humans.

I wonder how human the people of the future will be? how much technology will be a part of them, how much nanotechnology etc will be in them. How will humans try to change their appearance or abilities e.g to become more intelligent etc using new technology. Who will have access to this technology?

Will the rich become super human and will the poor left out? Or will we have a new society where everyone can be comfortable due to robots doing most of the work and serving humans.

If you've played Deus Ex the story about human evolution is quite realistic in that game.

So yeah massive change is quite obvious at this point to me.
edit on 11-9-2011 by _Phoenix_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnCreed777
"that will come like a thief in the night",.
edit on 9/11/2011 by JohnCreed777 because: (no reason given)

True. It is Jesus's coming. He will come at night like a thief without us knowing.
We have to get ready fo his coming. He will take his people and those who were
honest and loyal to him.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Most of my friends and people around me all feel like something big is coming. Since most of us were raised religious and the media has jumped on the end of times bandwagon, most people feel like its the end of times.

I no longer feel that way though, I feel like we are shifting into a new level of consciousness. Right now the veil is lifting and we are becoming more aware. I think that might be why more of us question everything.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
It is the end of the world as YOU know it my friend.

Here is a link to a warning I posted about these times almost a year ago.

There are plenty of similar warnings and they are all worth what ever value you place in them. Trust in yourself and your own understandings my friend. All men are liars in that they are only capable of reporting on what their limited observations have told them. No man sees the full picture, and no man can judge.

Relax and enjoy the ride. Everything is in divine order.

With Love,

Your Brother

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I am a firm believer that some kind of massive change is coming..I can feel it! and I believe that through everything I have researched geology, astronomy, religion, history, and mythology that there are indications everywhere that we are entering in to a universal cycle that is beyond our control beyond something unlike anything any of us have ever imagined and that history and all other sources including most religions are warnings us of...all the information is there to be had its just been scattered and in some cases re written like a story that has gone around a circle of people and lost its integrity along the way and that in its self makes it hard for people to grasp..it is so jumbled now... and most people want proof! a proof that is all compiled in one place and that is as accessible and tangible as a drink at QT.

That which we are going to experience isn't something that can no be laid out in easy terms especially when we have such a great divide in the way people were raised to think. Most people lack the ability to use common sense and put the pieces to the puzzle together! It is only those who are open minded that have a profound interest in the real truth! the lost truth! that truly seek hard enough to find a correlation between all information available and still yet when the information is found and presented the findings are most often disregarded by even some of our best minds ...it to me is a matter of common sense that history, religion,geology, astrology and mythology need to be compiled together to find the real story...

we have lost site of many truths and now when they are spoken it is looked at as impossible or as insanity.
when the truth finally hits us in the butt many will not now how to handle it and most will die because they can not for a second fathom the possibility of something unimaginably catastrophic happening ..they are so complacent and content in their everyday reality show watching couch potato none thinking sheepish lives that they will not even have the first clue what it could be when it happens.

One thing I know for sure is all those that are too lazy to think now will be the first to panic and drain the resources of those who have enough forethought to be better safe than sorry in prepping and making some kind of plans to survive!

edit on 11-9-2011 by soulenlightenment because: type o

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Genophage
I have also felt a change..im not sure if its something in the air..or a gut feeling but its definitely there. Its hard to speculate exactly what is going to happen..but i do believe it will change the world...for the better? for the worse? who knows. I suppose all we can do is sit back and wait for the show to start.

S&F

I feel exactly the same way, thanks for explaining it so well.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
I like history. History gives us a window through which we can see the present.

We are living in turbulent times...however, we aren't anywhere we have never been before.

Consider...we are alarmed at several thousand US deaths in Iraq and Afghanistan...or a skirmish in which 50-100 soldiers are killed and wounded. In WWI..in one day... 10,000...20,000...50,000 men were killed. In the Battle for the Somme...half a million men killed.

In Viet Nam War, 58,000 US servicemen died. In 2 days of fighting at Antietam in the Civil War, 58,000 men were killed. At Cold Harbor 1864, 7,000 men were killed in a 20 minute charge.

Upheavals...Hurricane Hazel...Hurricane Hugo....I personally remember Hugo-Fran-Floyd..or Hurricane Andrew...pretty much wiped out south Florida...and they did have martial law there... actually talked to one of the airborne there patrolling.... and yes, they did shoot to kill.

Earthquakes, volcanoes...hundreds and thousands recorded through history...

Global warming? In 1955 in Raleigh-Durham,NC.. this past week reached 100+ degree temps...I was using a blanket to sleep in...about 70 degrees here...2011.

Fall of empires... Germany fell and rose a half dozen times between 1870 and 1945....and everytime no one anticipated their resurrection... look whos running Europe now.

There is nothing new under the sun... what is will be again.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join