It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we mourn the victims of 9/11?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

The grief felt by Americans is real, no matter who caused it.

I question the official story. I've read so many conflicting theories, and watched so many contradictory videos, that I really don't know what to believe. I'm CURIOUS, and I continue to ASK QUESTIONS. Sadly, I do think that the government of the US either had a hand in it or covered up the truth.

However, today I am grief stricken. And guess what...I have not watched ONE SECOND of TV coverage about it today. I have chosen not to. Without media prompting, I am grief stricken at the memory of that day. Of how it felt to be helplessly watching the towers fall. The wounds are still fresh in my HEART.

Whatever grief you think is real, I don't see in the faces of the public.

Most don't know what day it is, and most who do grieve, do so for the wrong reasons.

There is plenty of evidence that proves far fewer people died on 911 than we are led to believe.

Grieve for the people who are about to be killed for a lie they had nothing to do with.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I fully understand the argument here OP, and whilst I agree with what your saying, I think its more about mourning a day of national tragedy and death of those fallen in the event, just like your mourn the death of a friend/family member/associate on an anniversary even though millions die each day(if you catch my drift) Just like November 11th over here we mourn British troops who have fallen in past wars even though thousands of other troops who weren't British fell in those wars too. Death in any circumstance should be mourned . Also surely the thousands that died as a repercussion of 9/11 are victims of the tragedy too?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

OK fair enough. If you could just let me know what day has been set aside to mourn the deaths of the other 100000+ innocent deaths then I shall begin making preparations for the services that day and leave you to mourn the 2996 in peace......

.....oh that's right there is no such day.

911 is the day we remember the people that died on 911.

If you would like to remember innocent people that died on other days, no one is stoping you.

Here are some list of innocent victims from the past.

You can click these list every day and remember those people that died on that day

2001 -2003

This is a list of innocent victims that died on this day in 2009, you can remember them if you like.

Date------------Country-------City------Killed-Injured-------------Description

2009.09.11 Somalia Mogadishu 15 27 Fifteen people, including nine disabled patients at a hospital, are killed when Islamic militia slam mortars into a neighborhood.
2009.09.11 Ingushetia Nazran 1 4 A local police officer dies from injuries suffered from a suicide bomber.
2009.09.11 Iraq Safara 5 0 Five Iraqi police are gunned down at point blank range by Muslim terrorists.
2009.09.11 Afghanistan Farah 3 0 Three civilians are killed when a Taliban rocket strikes their home.
2009.09.11 Afghanistan Kandahar 6 0 Sunni hardliners kill six civilians with a roadside bomb.
2009.09.11 Afghanistan Kunar 6 0 Six security guards are murdered by Mujahideen.
2009.09.11 Afghanistan Kandahar 2 0 A child is among two people blown into pieces by a Fedayeen suicide bomber.
2009.09.11 Afghanistan Uruzgan 14 0 Fourteen car passengers are massacred by Taliban bombers.
2009.09.11 Ethiopia Senbete 0 3 A Muslim mob ransacks two Christian churches and seriously injures three Christian worshippers.

I know that today is Truther Christmas and you want us to respect the rituals of your Witch Hunt Religion.

But asking us to stand by and watch you p*** on the victims graves today is just a bit much to ask.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by waypastvne

Remember 911 as you will.

The truth of the matter is 911 is used as an excuse to perpetuate a culture of plunder and corruption. It's sick and has to stop.

Hiding behind crocodile tears doesn't change the reality for the living victims who are still paying the price for our inability to face reality.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
One doesnt have to experience pain, suffering, death, and sadness to be a victim. It isnt the one dying of cancer from inhaling particulates, being blown up in islamic lands, or even the ones left behind that are the true victims.

I think the greatest victim of all is the one who still believes the official 911 story. Doomed to live in lovely lovely gaga land of shiny things and the attainment of more shiny things.

This is the true victim in America

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeGirll
Dear Americans,

Your 9/11 is our 24/7.

Sincerely,
Palestine

Palestine ? Isn't that where all those suicide bombers come from ?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by waypastvne

Dear Americans,

Your 9/11 is our 24/7.

Sincerely,
Palestine

I thought all the "bombers" came from NATO.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Dear Americans,

Your 9/11 is our 24/7.

Sincerely,
Palestine

Do yourself a favor and go read something educating

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Dear Americans,

Your 9/11 is our 24/7.

Sincerely,
Palestine

I thought all the "bombers" came from NATO.

Not the suicide ones. Just the big ones with wings, that make the other guys "die for his cause". Nothing suicide about them.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Yankee451

Shhhhhhhhhhhh!

www.youtube.com...

S

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yankee451
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

Because 911 was perpetrated by our own government, we need to be propagandized and grief stricken every year to keep the wound fresh.

It is a propaganda ploy required to prevent some folks from being curious and asking questions, as well as a justification for the continued atrocities perpetuated in our names.

Ditto!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Why do we mourn the victims of 911? Because they were just that-victims. No different than your everyday, average citizen trying to raise their family, live their life, that sort of thing. I'm trying hard not to get sick to myself today on ATS, but let me tell ya, it's getting hard as the day goes on. There is such a thing called compassion for your fellowman, regardless of your country of origin. Don't we, the USA, get to mourn, too? Really? There is loss here as well.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by queenofsheba

Why do we mourn the victims of 911? Because they were just that-victims. No different than your everyday, average citizen trying to raise their family, live their life, that sort of thing. I'm trying hard not to get sick to myself today on ATS, but let me tell ya, it's getting hard as the day goes on. There is such a thing called compassion for your fellowman, regardless of your country of origin. Don't we, the USA, get to mourn, too? Really? There is loss here as well.

What you do in your home is your business, what you do outside it is everybody else's business.

edit on 11-9-2011 by FreeGirll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Nobody is saying we don't mourn those 2996 people killed that day, only that many tend to forget the other 116000 innocent civilians killed as a result.

Both should be mourned equally.

I agree we should all feel badly for all that have suffered and died. However....today we are focusing on the event that started it all....and all the lives lost on that particular day.

OK fair enough. If you could just let me know what day has been set aside to mourn the deaths of the other 100000+ innocent civilians then I shall begin making preparations for the services that day and leave you to mourn the 2996 in peace......

.....oh that's right there is no such day.
edit on 11/9/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

ya, why don't we wait till it's all over? ya think?

maybe have an up-date morning day, say every 10yrs?

how bout that?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by psikeyhackr

Because 911 was perpetrated by our own government, we need to be propagandized and grief stricken every year to keep the wound fresh.

It is a propaganda ploy required to prevent some folks from being curious and asking questions, as well as a justification for the continued atrocities perpetuated in our names.

Ditto!

Filthy, heartless, and ignorant.

You obviously don't know a soul that was killed or injured or:

A child who lost a father, a mother, or was orphaned.
A person who's daughter or son was killed.
A person that lost a brother, a sister, a friend
A family that was snuffed out on their way on vacation.
A person who kissed their loved one good-bye not knowing it was the last time.
A person who received a call from one of the ill fated planes hear their loved on that it's the last time they will ever speak
A person that was sitting in their office while flames and smoke engulfed them.
A person that was on the phone begging the 911 operator to send help...help that only came with the mercy of a quick death when the tower they sat it, collapsed.
A person that was faced with a choice to burn to death or jump from a 100 stories.
A person that chose a profession to protect those in need and ran up hundreds of staircases into death while getting others to run down.
A person that chose to stay at the site and look for survivors and then to make certain that those that are found, are treated with dignity....later to develop a terminal illness.
A person that can no longer live a normal life due to what they experienced, what they saw, or what they heard.

If you watched the events today, you would have seen that it was to show that we will not forget those that we lost.To show that we will not forget. To show that we will carry on as a nation. It was to show the strength of the families and how far they have come. No doubt there were tears. But now, the families that had no where to go to grieve, now do.

edit on 11-9-2011 by Six Sigma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Nobody is saying we don't mourn those 2996 people killed that day, only that many tend to forget the other 116000 innocent civilians killed as a result.

Both should be mourned equally.

The Muslims started it.
They are lucky we didn't take the WW 2 Route.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Let me ask you something that might penetrate deeper than I should go but.......

Let's say your daughter, son, husband, wife or parent died 10 years ago today by the hands of a serial killer that's still at large. Tell me please, in your mourning, don't you think you'd have a moment of anger and then demand......justice???

Well, if you honestly answered that question then your answer would have been YES!
That's what most of us are about! We're not here to incite more hatred or divide more people but to STOP the killings that are sponsored by our government.

Please, stop being a victim now.... and start being a HUMAN BEING who should be outraged!!

Those 3000 people who were MURDERED on that Tuesday morning were a part of the Elites agenda for globalization!

If you don't see that by now then you are a certified and branded Sheeple! You might as well collect your diploma now and help them to stop us!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

What you do in your home is your business, what you do outside it is everybody else's business.

Yeah, so? What's your point? The love I have for those in my home is pretty strong, to be honest with ya. But, as an American, I also have compassion and empathy outside my "home." Is that unique to Americans?

edit on 11-9-2011 by FreeGirll because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six Sigma

Originally posted by psikeyhackr

Ditto!

Filthy, heartless, and ignorant.

You obviously don't know a soul that was killed or injured or:

A child who lost a father, a mother, or was orphaned.
A person who's daughter or son was killed.
A person that lost a brother, a sister, a friend
A family that was snuffed out on their way on vacation.

How many people really died in the United States on 9/11?

About 8000. On a normal day in the US about 5000 people die.

I had a cousin who was killed at a railroad crossing in a car accident. She was beautiful.

The 3000 of 9/11 are being used for propaganda purposes. I regard that as an insult to them and have no respect for people who fall for it.

40,000 Americans have been killed EVERY YEAR in car accidents since the 1970s but apparently that has been no big deal.

psik

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join