It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we mourn the victims of 9/11?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by psikeyhackr

How many people really died in the United States on 9/11?

About 8000. On a normal day in the US about 5000 people die.

I had a cousin who was killed at a railroad crossing in a car accident. She was beautiful.

The 3000 of 9/11 are being used for propaganda purposes. I regard that as an insult to them and have no respect for people who fall for it.

40,000 Americans have been killed EVERY YEAR in car accidents since the 1970s but apparently that has been no big deal.

psik

So, you are able to morn for your beautiful cousin, I assume. I am sorry for your loss, truly. I am sure her death caused you and your family a great deal of pain. Interesting enough, my cousin was at a railroad crossing with her friend. They were so young...mid teens. Well, my cousin's friend decided to ride her bike around the security arm that drops down to block traffic. A commuter train traveling at 80-100 miles per hour made certain that she not make it to the other side. It was a terrible tragedy that I'm sure haunts her parents every day. Kelly Ann never got to go to her junior prom...graduate...fall in love. The story caused much grief in the community and carrying over to a good amount of the state. Many grieved and still do. No, the country does not stop and mark her death each year.

9/11 directly effected people in over 93 countries, making thousands of children father or motherless, many widows and widowers, etc. Unlike your cousin or my cousins friend, this was not a local tragedy. 9/11 was a global tragedy. The world mourned. The world remembers. There is a reason why.

You can simply call it propaganda, but it's not about that. Your obsession with a non existent conspiracy has fogged your ability to feel for the thousands upon thousands of people that still morn.
edit on 11-9-2011 by Six Sigma because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-9-2011 by Six Sigma because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I'm not being a "victim" for feeling compassion. That apparently's on you. Yeah, there's anger there for the people that died that day, the way they did and that is "Why I mourn the victims of 911."

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Six Sigma
Your obsession with a non existent conspiracy has fogged your ability to feel for the thousands upon thousands of people that still morn.

I never said anything about any conspiracy because I don't give a damns about them either. You just have a stereotype about what this is about.

The Laws of Physics are incapable of giving about death or conspiracies.

It is the impossible physics of 9/11 that determines what this is about. American scientists can't even demand accurate data on the distributions of steel in the towers. The nation that put men on the Moon is full of citizens that can't solve a grade school physics problem.

psik

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I personally do not believe the official explanation of 9/11/2001. Having said that, I will not condemn someone for disagreeing. I personally mourn for the victims of both the actual attacks and the wars that followed alongside many friends and family who disagree with me strongly about who was responsible. The bottom line is thousands of people died that day and countless thousands have died since then in the "war on terror." I have the utmost respect for our men and women in arms, as well as the law enforcement, firefighters and rescue personnel. For me personally, I am able to separate my political/conspiracy views from the empathy I have for those effected by the attacks.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

You really need to ask why others mourn the loss of innocent human lives?
Look, I understand your point, at least I think I do, but the title of your thread makes no sense as it stands. Unless you don't mourn anyone who loses their innocent lives to acts of senseless violence.

Yeah, I just nitpicked.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Why do we mourn the victims of 9/11?

Because that is what blind patriots do of course.

S&F for making alot more sense than taking down the forums for an hour and a half to attempt to make people remember, and then following it up with plastering a big picture of a muslim next to the destroyed WTC. The ATS owners clearly have a crooked agenda.
edit on 12-9-2011 by Haxsaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
What kind of question is that?? Do you honestly think you would be asking that if you had a family member that died that day.. mother, father, brother, sister or maybe a wife or husband?

You should give your head a shake bro. The first part about giving a f*** about people dying across the globe is CARING and LOVING everyone who deserves it. Do the people who show up to work everyday deserve to die because of it? Maybe you should try asking that question to a son or daughter that had their parent/s taken away from them, think about all the emotional struggle that people went through and are still going through because of it.

I don't believe that the official story is correct either, but you gotta realize that no matter what organization of people were responsible for 9/11 - deaths from an irresponsible act are in no way justified by any argument. period.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:56 AM
link   
As I see it. they should be mourned like the dead in the gulf of tonkin. Sad state of affairs if ever i seen it.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Hoax00

dying in accidents and from medical problems can be rectified in the heart, by family and friends.

senseless deliberate murder, not so much.

===================================================================

to op, hey, besides, they started the whole thing and killing everyone they could and hoped for more.

get your own memorial day anniversary for the 1million casualties, we allegedly killed.

maybe 20% tops of all causalities for realities sake.

911 is 1 day, the wars are on going.

count the dead at the end.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hoax00
What kind of question is that?? Do you honestly think you would be asking that if you had a family member that died that day.. mother, father, brother, sister or maybe a wife or husband?

You should give your head a shake bro. The first part about giving a f*** about people dying across the globe is CARING and LOVING everyone who deserves it. Do the people who show up to work everyday deserve to die because of it? Maybe you should try asking that question to a son or daughter that had their parent/s taken away from them, think about all the emotional struggle that people went through and are still going through because of it.

I don't believe that the official story is correct either, but you gotta realize that no matter what organization of people were responsible for 9/11 - deaths from an irresponsible act are in no way justified by any argument. period.

I'm pretty sure you made little sense there. The only bit you got right was this. "The first part about giving a f*** about people dying across the globe is CARING and LOVING everyone who deserves it"....so therefore the 911 victims deserve no more sympathy than the rest of the innocent people who have been killed around the world, to dedicate a day of rememberance for 3000 people and then do nothing in regards to remembering the many other innocent people who have been killed would show a biased inhumane agenda, which the ATS site owners are clearly part of.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
I can't believe your being a j**k. No one was killed UNTIL two planes hit the towers.

Yes, it's sad people died everywhere in other countries as spin off from that. But to say lets not mourn the American civilians in the towers is so cold you'd rival a dead body.

48,000,000 people (civilians included) died in WW2 alone. Maybe we should not mourn those soldiers because they killed others others in bombing raids.

It types like you that will lead this world to greater chaos than the deaths you complain about now.
edit on 12-9-2011 by daggyz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Don't they hold ultimate blame? You would have to be half mad not to recognize it was their action that caused this. It was their intent to cause this.

I'm not so sure. Perhaps the mercy of geographical isolation allows me this perspective?
It's a convoluted issue and a product of the interventionist policies of, at least, the 20th Century.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by amazed

I feel it important to say once more, every single one of us has the blood of far more innocents on our hands than I know. Each time we buy oil, or gas or products made with oil, or products created by the innocent for less than a few cents a day, we are complicit in the murder of innocent human beings and complicit in the murder of environments and the creatures of this planet. Where is the day of mourning for those innocents?

Harm None
Peace

Nice post, but especially (for me) the quoted section.
I have nothing to add besides my tears.

I'm not worthy, nor are any of us

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Don't they hold ultimate blame? You would have to be half mad not to recognize it was their action that caused this. It was their intent to cause this.

I'm not so sure. Perhaps the mercy of geographical isolation allows me this perspective?
It's a convoluted issue and a product of the interventionist policies of, at least, the 20th Century.

try getting out more, unless you be slaughtered by your own gov for trying to escape.

and reading or even watching ALL the news channels, just for some perspective.

don't come here for "news truths" lol!!

you will think ron paul will be the next POTUS!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Oh, I have perspective and get out often.
I'm not paranoid, just grounded in the desolation that is brutal humanity.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Haxsaw

I agree with your point. 100%.

I just cant relate to the OP in any way what so ever. When that date rolls around you can't really do much but feel bad for the victims. (also very pissed off for who was responsible.. whoever that may be)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by aorAki

like i said, get out more.

how can you think you know what is real when you think/know people are lying to you?

don't listen to these people here like everything is "gospel" truth.

unless you are well grounded, you will go nuts believing them.

the thing about ATS is conspiracy, fun and games.

and it's easy to get played.

i know! lol!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by StarPeace

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Nobody is saying we don't mourn those 2996 people killed that day, only that many tend to forget the other 116000 innocent civilians killed as a result.

Both should be mourned equally.

The Muslims started it.
They are lucky we didn't take the WW 2 Route.

Small correction: A small group of Muslim extremists, that don't necessarily reflect the view of all Muslims, started it (if you are to believe the official story that is). If we look at things YOUR way then we could also say every US citizen is directly at fault for torture performed at GITMO. Off with your heads eh?

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by aorAki
Oh, I have perspective and get out often.
I'm not paranoid, just grounded in the desolation that is brutal humanity.

Originally posted by fooks
reply to post by aorAki

like i said, get out more.

how can you think you know what is real when you think/know people are lying to you?

don't listen to these people here like everything is "gospel" truth.

unless you are well grounded, you will go nuts believing them.

the thing about ATS is conspiracy, fun and games.

and it's easy to get played.

i know! lol!

Like I said, I get out often.

Humanity is brutal.

My sources are wide and varied, this is mainly entertainment for me. What is your point?

Interesting that you pick on my post to remark upon, something relatively innocuous in this thread,rather than something else.

Perhaps YOU should get out more often?

I know what I know, which isn't much, but is more than many, unfortunately.

I make up my own mind, based on evidence and background...

What of it?

lol Ron Paul.

edit on 12-9-2011 by aorAki because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   
The OP hasn't a clue.....

Maybe we'll stop killing them when they stand up and tell their own people to stop the acts of terrorism. I will not shed one tear for any of those who were justifiably killed in any middle eastern country...

The only problem is we should have nuke'd them on 9/13.....and did away with a couple of million of them....

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join