It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do we mourn the victims of 9/11?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
And now I'm going to answer your original question:

*We mourn them because we have hearts.

*We mourn them because they were someone's child, someone's parent, someone's spouse.

*We mourn them because they did not ask to die.

*We mourn them because we saw them die, live on TV.

*We mourn them because it was the day that Americans realized our mortality as a nation.

*We mourn them because we feel deep sorrow that so many people could be killed because of hate.

There are as many reasons that we mourn as there are victims of 9/11.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555

You picked today in the middle of the memorials to do so. Do you think everyone is stupid? We know what you mean. Exactly what you mean.

I think I stated in the OP what I mean. If I meant more than to comment my opinion on a very current event then please inform me.

Where is your condemnation of the sick, evil people who highjacked the planes and everyone associated with their cause and all the horrors they have exacted on the world, even their own?

Well, here you go: I hereby condemn the attacks of all extremists in the world, be they Jewish, Muslim or Christian.

Don't they hold ultimate blame? You would have to be half mad not to recognize it was their action that caused this. It was their intent to cause this. These twisted evil people who even slaughter their fellow Muslims.

They might have caused the 9/11 incident, after that it's just insane vengeance and political games with thousands of lifes.

You are rational enough to know that most killed in Iraq for instance were killed by other Muslims? You do know that, right? Your not lying to yourself and others by ignoring that are you? How many posts have you made condemning them for killing huge numbers of their fellow Muslims for simply believing slightly differently than they do?

Well, then we can up the numbers to around a million, but I chose to use the number indicating civillians killed by the occupying forces.

The fact you chose today screams exactly your intent.

What? To say how I feel about the matter on a day that reeks of hippocrasy is dispalying what intent?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GeorgiaGirl

But.... Is there more reason to mourn these 3000 more than the more than 100.000 Afghanis? They are just as innocent victims of 9/11 as those 3000.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by SkurkNilsen

Because 911 was perpetrated by our own government, we need to be propagandized and grief stricken every year to keep the wound fresh.

It is a propaganda ploy required to prevent some folks from being curious and asking questions, as well as a justification for the continued atrocities perpetuated in our names.

Truth is hidden behind guilt and shame...to even question 911 is like questioning the holocaust. Taboo.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Nobody is saying we don't mourn those 2996 people killed that day, only that many tend to forget the other 116000 innocent civilians killed as a result.

Both should be mourned equally.

I agree we should all feel badly for all that have suffered and died. However....today we are focusing on the event that started it all....and all the lives lost on that particular day.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Thank you for giving me that link. This is an interesting thread and I caution you to put on an Ove Glove because the flames will be flying through your keyboard!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I mourn for any victim of circumstance...they don't ask to be a hero or expect to die...for whatever reason. They're

just people like you and me. Sad

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yankee451

Because 911 was perpetrated by our own government, we need to be propagandized and grief stricken every year to keep the wound fresh.

It is a propaganda ploy required to prevent some folks from being curious and asking questions, as well as a justification for the continued atrocities perpetuated in our names.

Truth is hidden behind guilt and shame...to even question 911 is like questioning the holocaust. Taboo.

Ladies And Gentlemen!

We have a winner!!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkurkNilsen

But.... Is there more reason to mourn these 3000 more than the more than 100.000 Afghanis? They are just as innocent victims of 9/11 as those 3000.

You asked, "Why do we mourn the victims of 9/11".

No one is suggesting that ANY innocent person's death is not tragic. If 100,000 innocent Afghan civilians were killed, then that is also tragic. I do not believe that the United States is responsible for all 100,000 deaths, however. If we were not there at all, I wonder how many would have died. Of course, we can never know. Maybe, just maybe, we have PREVENTED more deaths by being there? It's all speculation.

Personally, I would like to see our troops come home. Enough is enough.

But you are not so naive that you can't understand that this is the ANNIVERSARY of the death of 3,000 people who died in one massive event. Obviously that is going to be significant, and a news story.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yankee451

The grief felt by Americans is real, no matter who caused it.

I question the official story. I've read so many conflicting theories, and watched so many contradictory videos, that I really don't know what to believe. I'm CURIOUS, and I continue to ASK QUESTIONS. Sadly, I do think that the government of the US either had a hand in it or covered up the truth.

However, today I am grief stricken. And guess what...I have not watched ONE SECOND of TV coverage about it today. I have chosen not to. Without media prompting, I am grief stricken at the memory of that day. Of how it felt to be helplessly watching the towers fall. The wounds are still fresh in my HEART.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Nobody is saying we don't mourn those 2996 people killed that day, only that many tend to forget the other 116000 innocent civilians killed as a result.

Both should be mourned equally.

I agree we should all feel badly for all that have suffered and died. However....today we are focusing on the event that started it all....and all the lives lost on that particular day.

OK fair enough. If you could just let me know what day has been set aside to mourn the deaths of the other 100000+ innocent civilians then I shall begin making preparations for the services that day and leave you to mourn the 2996 in peace......

.....oh that's right there is no such day.
edit on 11/9/2011 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I do understand that people who lost someone on 9/11 would mourn the lost of their loved ones, that's normal. My problem is that it is extremely disproportianate in regards to lives lost. How can the people who see the sadness and total meaninglessness of the deaths of 3000 just disregard how the loved ones of that "collateral" (great newspeak btw) feels. Is a New York stockbroker more worth than a Afghan woman? Where are their grand day of remeberance. I did not loose anyone at 9/11 or in Afghanistan, but I feel equally sad for both for having lost their loved ones.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

*We mourn them because we saw them die, live on TV

I think that is a big truth right there.

And not to "pick" on you personally, but to state to anyone who reads this my own thoughts of....

How many people die every single day who were innocent and did not ask to die?

Who were someones child, parent, spouse, sibling?

Every single day someone dies because of another person who "hates".

Do we also mourn those people? No? Why? Because we did not see it happen on live TV, and if we don't see it happen we can then blissfully go about our lives pretending that it doesn't happen.

It is happening RIGHT NOW in other countries and in the USA to children, parents, spouses and siblings through the actions of large corporations who are only out for greed, through the actions of abusive spouses, through the actions of drunk drivers, through the actions of drug addicts and on an on.

And those large corporations an example such as the oil corporations send the oil to THIS COUNTRY, and WE BUY THEIR PRODUCT, so like it or not EVERY single American has the blood of all these innocent upon their own hands.

But we sit here in our egocentric selfish little world and mourn 3000 who died ten years ago, in a situation in which many question what we have been told.

Where is our mourning and sorrow for those who die every single day at the hands of those I have already mentioned?

Where is our standing up and having a day of remembrance for all that die who do not ask to die, and for all who die horrible deaths?

We don't have a day like that. We don't care just as long as it doesn't happen to "us" and as long as it doesn't increase the price of gas or oil, or groceries or clothing, or our new television.

No OP, we do not have a good enough reason to mourn "more" for those who died on 9/11 than any other person who has died before or since.

I feel it important to say once more, every single one of us has the blood of far more innocents on our hands than I know. Each time we buy oil, or gas or products made with oil, or products created by the innocent for less than a few cents a day, we are complicit in the murder of innocent human beings and complicit in the murder of environments and the creatures of this planet. Where is the day of mourning for those innocents?

Harm None
Peace

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Q) Why do we mourn the victims of 9/11?

A) Because half the people think they were victims of a fundamentalist group of terrorists opposed to victims of their very own government. Better sadness than rage!
And also.... (on a whole different level) we mourn because we believe 'death' is the end due to our extremely limited understanding of the process and........... through greedy religious influence & control.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Human_Alien

And also.... (on a whole different level) we mourn because we believe 'death' is the end due to our extremely limited understanding of the process and........... through greedy religious influence & control.

I don't think death is the end. And I still am tremendously saddened by the event. The terror they felt when they knew they were going to die...the pain they had to go through, whether they burned to death, died from the smoke, were crushed when the towers fell, or felt they had to jump. The sadness that the survivors feel every day, mourning the loss of their loved ones.

Even if you believe in heaven, as I do, or in reincarnation of the spirit, as other religions do...you still can mourn tragic death.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

You make a very good point. My answer is....we mourn all the others...every single day of the year.....they all matter.....I am very aware of that and I care.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

Personally I believe your heart is in the right place but judging by the comments in this thread, in my own and in other such threads today on ATS there are many who couldn't care less about the tens of thousands of innocent Arab deaths, as long as we kill a few terrorists it makes it OK.

It's bloody disgusting to say the least.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by GeorgiaGirl

Originally posted by Human_Alien

I don't think death is the end. And I still am tremendously saddened by the event. The terror they felt when they knew they were going to die...the pain they had to go through, whether they burned to death, died from the smoke, were crushed when the towers fell, or felt they had to jump. The sadness that the survivors feel every day, mourning the loss of their loved ones.

Even if you believe in heaven, as I do, or in reincarnation of the spirit, as other religions do...you still can mourn tragic death.

Oh darlin'....I mourn the awful loss. Honest I do. I can't stop replaying that day when people were jumping to their deaths live on my TV because that was the best option!! Could you imagine? It's horribly horrific. But....I also have room enough to feel the rage too!

They died (in my opinion) due to an agenda AMERICA had in play since the PNAC days!

So ......don't mean to go off topic but once you look up Operation Northwoods and PNAC you'll discover they fit perfectly together like Sept 11th (Osama) and the Patriot Act does! Coincidence? Nah!

So I mourn and rage, simultaneously!!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Couldn't the same be said about Pearl Harbor? Mind you the memorials are nothing now like they were after Pearl Harbor, but wouldn't you argue the same as you do with 9/11?

Is that different because it was an attack on the military?

I'm not trying to be a
I'm just curious as to how that stacks up in your book.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Such utter disrespect displayed in this thread (and elsewhere on this site-you know who you are) today.....
I'm nauseated.....

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join