It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

500 Longshoremen Storm a Government Building, Take Hostages (Longview, Washington)

page: 8
69
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hlang
 
Stretching to associate the Tea Party (original) with union bullies might get you a pulled muscle at best.

It's like comparing Hillary Swank to the Founding Fathers because they are all bi-pedal and carbon-based.





posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Masterjaden
 


##SNIP##


Originally posted by Masterjaden
Wrong it isn't a lie. You can be. The only thing stopping you is you. The truth is you likely will never be. Because you aren't capable of being. The trick to your happiness is therefore being satisfied with what you have. You won't be. Not likely, very few people are.

I love you blaming someone else for your misfortune. That other guy is keeping you down. The only person keeping you down is you. The non-skilled job the blue collar middle class does, doesn't deserve the pay it gets let alone more. Atleast in most cases where it is unionized.


First of all, you can't unilaterally say the only thing stopping someone from being a millionaire is themselves. This is complete and total bull# akin to what the lottery says, "you too can be a winner'. For every small businessman that grew his company into multimillion dollar enterprise, thousands fail or end with the proprietor just scraping by. Hard work combined with a lot of luck, a niche your business fills, and extremely shrewd business practices are all of some the ingredients needed, but even then you can have one lawsuit ruin you. And this is what happens to those on the verge of success, they get sued, by everyone. It's one of the major reasons people sell their companies out the first chance they get.

But instead of just saying "you could start your own business and take your chances, maybe you'll get lucky, you have the opportunity to possibly make it", you're arrogant about it. Then you follow it with what I can only describe a class warfare-ish diatribe against blue collar workers. I'm at a loss for words to describe how arrogant you are here. That you don't think blue collar work requires any skill, that you think it's over paid, that you give the impression that unions are the bastion of lazy overpaid wal-mart greeters. Perhaps you just don't know the definition of arrogance: "an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions". Yup, pretty much textbook.


Your attitude and others like yours is what has aided in ruining this country and taking it from what it was meant to be.


Oh, I'm sorry I have a differing opinion. I thank god there are still people with the ability to reason left in this country, that can see though shades of grey. Frankly, your attitude will beget nothing but violence.








edit on 12-9-2011 by hlang because: misqoute




posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Gannicus
 


While I agree we should be seeing more about union violence in the mainstream media, all of the links you provided in support of the Tea Party being vilified are to Hardball... hardly what anyone would call a news program. It's host was "Misinformer of the Year", right next to Bill O'Reilly.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
LOL.

This story would NEVER be about the Tea Party;

1) They were fighting against a group with POWER and not FOR A GROUP WITH POWER.

2) A verb like "storming" was used. If it were the Tea Party, it would be a "heavily panting men attempted to jog from their SUVs to the office doors, but gave up the attempt, and settled on waving misspelled signs at the foot of the stairs."

3) "Hundreds of" -- if it were the Tea Party, the Media would quake in their high quality loafers and a dozen would be "Thousands of" -- no Tea Party gaggle goes on, without at LEAST a ten-fold multiplication in their astro-turf might.

4) Charges were filed....


>> PEOPLE fighting for the environment, an end to occupations and warfare, ministers protesting the training of assassins at the "School of the Americas" in Southern Georgia get prison time, or to keep their jobs ends up getting punished.

But the Tea Party is unscathed. Some guy brings a gun to a town hall meeting and shouts everyone down -- kid gloves. Some reporter asks a non-scripted question at a Tea Party Republican meeting however, gets tasered and carted off.


>> The Tea Party is ONLY being persecuted by sane and rational people -- but not the government, big business, or the media. Take your persecution fantasy elsewhere.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by hlang
reply to post by Gannicus
 


While I agree we should be seeing more about union violence in the mainstream media, all of the links you provided in support of the Tea Party being vilified are to Hardball... hardly what anyone would call a news program..


No, thy weren't (one was from CBS and another from ABC) all from hardball and if you really want I'll find you similar clips from every major news outlet. The Vice president even called them terrorists, so please stop with the games.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer
reply to post by hlang
 
Stretching to associate the Tea Party (original) with union bullies might get you a pulled muscle at best.

It's like comparing Hillary Swank to the Founding Fathers because they are all bi-pedal and carbon-based.



"Union Bullies"?

Are we re-writing history and leaving out the hired mercenaries who USED TO KILL Union organizers? There is a REASON that we have Unions -- and that's because worker conditions that used to kill people.

I'd say the BEST equivalent to the Tea Party, is the people hired by Slave Plantation Owners to try and fill the media of their day with stories that it was the Northern economic aggression. The common worker of the South would NOT be hurt by the end of "free labor" for Plantation owners -- much like the average American would NOT be hurt by higher taxes on the wealthy or the government investing in alternative energy.


It's been firmly established that the Pedigree of the Tea Party is from Republican operatives creating YET ANOTHER Astro Turf organization -- regardless of how adamant and honest it's membership might be.
So the Koch brothers FUND the earliest examples of the Tea Party LINK -- and we are supposed to believe this group "Fights the Power?" Lower corporate taxes, and please oh please, drill baby drill?... sure, that came from Mom and Pop...



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
This is the tea party. "Git ur gubmint hands off me medicare!"= Tea party. They're a bunch of wretched hypocrites who have bullied their way into the national discourse and are funded by extreme right wing corporatist loons like the Koch Bros. They want tax cuts for the rich and end minimum wage for the working man. It's not enough that these bankers and corporatists are already paying nearly nothing in income taxes via loopholes and accounting magic.

Yeah, them Unions are awful folks who only paid with blood, sweat, and tears to get the 40 hour work week so the working man can have a life outside of work, child labor laws so kids can have a childhood, OSHA regulations that have saved millions of lives, maternity leave so mothers can enjoy the first few weeks of her child's life, social security so you can have something for your final days, medicare so you won't go bankrupt when you seek medical care at the end of your life, generous pensions so their members enjoy their autumn years with dignity. Yeah, real bunch of villains these unionists are.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by VitriolAndAngst
 
You're juggling history to justify thuggary. Nothing, absolutely NOTHING you say, or provide, can justify this kind of behaviour.
But, by all means, please continue to try.
It'll only strengthen further arguments.




posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
>> The Tea Party is ONLY being persecuted by sane and rational people -- but not the government, big business, or the media. Take your persecution fantasy elsewhere.


You must have come from a time shift or something.

www.politico.com...


Vice President Joe Biden’s comparison of tea party negotiators to terrorists during the debt-limit crisis is still causing headaches for the White House — and on the campaign trail — more than two weeks after POLITICO reported Biden’s comments from a closed-door Democratic meeting in the Capitol.

Biden's office has never asked for a correction or retraction on the story






(skip to 50 seconds in for a montage of media all using same attack against tea party)











It must be strange coming from your universe to this alternate reality.
edit on 12-9-2011 by Gannicus because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
This is only the beginning of what is to come..people are fed up and it will soon show with greater numbers of people.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Gannicus
 


Joe Biden "saying something" about the Tea Party is not persecution.

They aren't going to prison, they aren't getting fines, they aren't getting shut down like ACORN over false allegations.

If anything -- they get far more press attention and less scrutiny than any other group of blowhards in the history of the USA.

And dang if they don't act like Terrorists.


>> I'm all for a bunch of Longshoremen getting violent by the way -- it's about damn time. People losing ANY chance at gainful employment is a death sentence in the USA -- and it's about time we quit putting up with it.

I'm NOT against people breaking heads -- I don't think that "passive resistance" actually changes the minds of the Psychopaths who can give themselves a million dollar bonus while firing 10,000 workers. Without someone willing to push it too far -- the "peace activist" is ignored. MLK would not have been listened to, without the Black Panthers scaring the crap out of a bunch of people who were satisfied with the Status Quo.



When a thousand out of work teachers storm city hall, a bank, or the education administration in their state -- that will be a GOOD day as far as I'm concerned.

How the heck do you think we got PROGRESS in this country in the first place? Talking reason with people who don't care if we live or die seems like a waste of time to me.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gannicus
No, thy weren't (one was from CBS and another from ABC) all from hardball and if you really want I'll find you similar clips from every major news outlet. The Vice president even called them terrorists, so please stop with the games.


Games, excuse me? The only videos see having any actual bias are those Hardball clips. The others are rather normal news coverage, which is of course lacking in the longshoreman issue... but the longshoreman didn't march on Washington en mass. So on a scale of newsworthiness, one rather trumps the other.

And please be accurate on what Biden said. He supposedly said something along the lines of negotiating the debt deal was like negotiating with terrorists, in a private meeting. Nobody knows exactly what he said, because it wasn't recorded. He didn't walk in front of a camera, point his finger, and yell "YOU TEA PARTY TERRORISTS!" If he did, I want to see that.

Even though he denies saying it, I believe he probably did, because he suffers from a terminal case of foot in mouth syndrome.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Gannicus
 


The MEDIA using actual events of the Tea Party is not an "attack" -- it's reporting.


Oh and please, a little warning for people NOT a Dittohead;
(skip to 50 seconds in for a montage of media all using same attack against tea party)

That Montage, where every "sexy picture of Rush Limbaugh that can be Photoshopped" drifts across the screen, was the singular most painful piece of propaganda I've yet to stab my eyes with.

The consequences of "holding our economic system hostage" would have been default on the Trillions of dollars in loans and a lowering of the USA credit ratings (by ratings agencies that SHOULD have been carted off to prison). You are DAMN RIGHT that this is even more dangerous, than a bomb in some crowded theater -- the tricks the Tea Party Republicans are playing to hurt our economy, are going to injure far more people.


>> But this "terrorism" thing was merely an excuse to bankrupt the country and NOT investigate how it happened -- so I agree, it's totally inappropriate. But it's hard to say WHAT the Tea Party is doing -- without harkening back to the crap that Rush Limbaugh and the Koch brother's astro turf group have said about everyone else.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
reply to post by Gannicus
 


The consequences of "holding our economic system hostage" would have been default on the Trillions of dollars in loans and a lowering of the USA credit ratings (by ratings agencies that SHOULD have been carted off to prison). You are DAMN RIGHT that this is even more dangerous, than a bomb in some crowded theater -- the tricks the Tea Party Republicans are playing to hurt our economy, are going to injure far more people.


>> But this "terrorism" thing was merely an excuse to bankrupt the country and NOT investigate how it happened -- so I agree, it's totally inappropriate. But it's hard to say WHAT the Tea Party is doing -- without harkening back to the crap that Rush Limbaugh and the Koch brother's astro turf group have said about everyone else.



For clarification,was it the Tea Party that was driving debt ceiling showdown? I thought it was a general consensus within the entire Republican party to do that bit of shenanigans. That was the impression I got from the GOP Defector article in the news.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by hlang

Originally posted by VitriolAndAngst
reply to post by Gannicus
 


The consequences of "holding our economic system hostage" would have been default on the Trillions of dollars in loans and a lowering of the USA credit ratings (by ratings agencies that SHOULD have been carted off to prison). You are DAMN RIGHT that this is even more dangerous, than a bomb in some crowded theater -- the tricks the Tea Party Republicans are playing to hurt our economy, are going to injure far more people.


>> But this "terrorism" thing was merely an excuse to bankrupt the country and NOT investigate how it happened -- so I agree, it's totally inappropriate. But it's hard to say WHAT the Tea Party is doing -- without harkening back to the crap that Rush Limbaugh and the Koch brother's astro turf group have said about everyone else.



For clarification,was it the Tea Party that was driving debt ceiling showdown? I thought it was a general consensus within the entire Republican party to do that bit of shenanigans. That was the impression I got from the GOP Defector article in the news.



I really don't care about ANY distinction between the Tea Party and the Republican Party -- it's not like the Sock Puppet talks much differently from one hand or the other. But YES, if you dig around, you will find a LOT of "outrage" at increasing the debt limit from the Tea Party -- and I read a LOT OF COMMENTS in the usual form of "email blog spam" from Tea Partiers saying that "defaulting on the debt limit wouldn't cause any problems" or "let's default and kill off big government once and for all."

It was kind of like the "There is no Global Warming"debates I've seen where, in one breath someone would say; "There is no Global Warming" and the next breath "But if there is, it's probably beneficial."

Kind of like saying; "I am not jumping off a cliff because I was told to" and "What's wrong with jumping off a cliff anyway?" at the same time.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer
 



Point well made sir; it's true.

When the riots were happening in the UK, a reporter interviewed one of the rioters and he mentioned how they had actually protested their poor economic conditions before but were ignored. So then they started getting violent. The quote I love readings is where he said that he believed the violence was necessary otherwise he wouldn't even be getting interviewed let alone getting any media coverage.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
i would say the endless ats threads bashing the teaparty

the comments by biden waters hoffa and left wing hollywood "actresses"

and the nonstop "reporting" and completely biased left wing news organizations and internet media sites

in my book counts as persecution.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by newcovenant

Originally posted by MidnightTide
I think beezer just made the liberal folk mad.....they took a look at the title, came in with a crap eating grin on their face - read the OP and then got mad that their hopes of bashing the tea party was ruined.



That is narrow minded and really imbecilic to presume and suggest like you know something... tee he he, because you know squat.


I know exactly how people like you think, your opinion > my opinion. But seeing your reply, your just mad, hit a sore spot didn't I? Just keep on spitting out the liberal rhetoric, I am sure you will convince someone into believing you.



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I like the original title of this thread better.

So what ever happened to this situation? Did the longshoremen get a bail out or a position in Obama's cabinet? Seems like union violence is less criticized than other group violence.
edit on 12-9-2011 by filosophia because: (no reason given)



posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
i would say the endless ats threads bashing the teaparty

the comments by biden waters hoffa and left wing hollywood "actresses"

and the nonstop "reporting" and completely biased left wing news organizations and internet media sites

in my book counts as persecution.



They would like to think they are in the "know" - but alas they are in the dark, about as much as those in government.




top topics



 
69
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

log in

join