It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

500 Longshoremen Storm a Government Building, Take Hostages (Longview, Washington)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+81 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Hundreds of Tea Party protesters stormed City Hall in Longview early Thursday, overpowered and held security guards, damaged office furniture, and dumped files out of the Hall’s archives, said Longview Police Chief Jim Duscha.

Angry? Mad with rage yet? Ready to beat the Tea Party nazi's heads in?

Oh, wait. . . . .

The real story is this. . . .

Hundreds of Longshoremen stormed the Port of Longview early Thursday, overpowered and held security guards, damaged railroad cars, and dumped grain that is the center of a labor dispute, said Longview Police Chief Jim Duscha.

Also. .

Six guards were held hostage for a couple of hours after 500 or more Longshoremen broke down gates about 4:30 a.m. and smashed windows in the guard shack, he said.

No one was hurt, and nobody has been arrested. Most of the protesters returned to their union hall after cutting brake lines and spilling grain from car at the EGT terminal, Duscha said.

link

Now if it were the Tea Party, it'd replace the 9-11 ceremonies, and congress would be holding special sessions, Obama would be in the War Room, and tv would be running 24/7 with coverage.

But since it's the unions?

Meh.

Just thought I'd share.

edit on 9/11/2011 by maria_stardust because: Thread title changed to reflect actual content of linked article.

edit on 12-9-2011 by Gazrok because: Added city/state for reference

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
LoL Longshoremen Rolled'

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
No doubt about it, this is another glaring piece of evidence that the Democrat party and the media coordinated to smear the tea parties.

It reminds me of this:

Does anyone really believe we're going to see Jon Stewart and the MSM launch a negative smear campaign against THESE protesters? Of course not.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Epic troll

Wish we had a page view counter!

Wonder how many have stormed in, only to sneak out the back....

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

These are the same people who later threatened news crews and reporters at their Washington offices and at lied at union HQ in D.C.

A member of a Pacific Northwest longshoreman’s union verbally attacked and threatened a news crew that showed up at the union’s local headquarters in Longview, Washington. The confrontation was captured on a video that hit YouTube Friday morning.

dailycaller.com...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Well, there are bad apples in all types of organizations, union members aren't perfect......

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Yep this country is going down the drain.... Its evil.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Well, there are bad apples in all types of organizations, union members aren't perfect......

They just so happen to be the highest paid union in all the land.

dailycaller.com...#-out-of-this-parking-lot-right-now%E2%80%99/

Longshoremen are among the best-paid blue collar workers in the country, partly because of union-negotiated contracts. Longshoremen with 10 years’ of experience earn roughly $30 per hour, according to payscale.com, a website that tracks typical salaries across various U.S. careers.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

The equivalent of nickel pocket change with what a hedge fund manager makes, and they don't even get their hands dirty, nor do they contribute to society... At least these guys are c0ck and b4lls.
edit on 11-9-2011 by Americanist because: (no reason given)

+32 more 
posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockdisjoint
Well, there are bad apples in all types of organizations

I think you're missing the point. For the last 2 years or more, the US media and Democrat party demonized the tea parties as extreme, violent racists. Even when they're probably among the most non-violent protests ever seen in America and examples of racism are few and far between?

Yet, these leftists can battle in the streets with riot police and take people hostage without any of the same condemnation or hand ringing from the MSM. I think it's pretty safe to say at this point, that our media is nothing more than the attack arm of the Democrat party.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
When I first saw the OP's headline, my immediate reaction was that some TeaParty opposers, posing as TP's, went out rabbelrousing to sully their reputation!

I suppose some wouldn't even bother to check out the post, but just shrug it off as "Those Tea Partiers!"

I remember during the 60's and 70's the Longshoremen were feared thugs, and were often recruited for secret goverment actions, raids, intimidation and worse. They have a lot of power still. I wouldn't want to be one of those security guards.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Didn't mean to post and run but the wife pulled me away for dinner.

The title came from the article. It drew me in immeditely. Epic troll indeed.

Thanks for all the replies so far.

Brilliant!

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
that is indeed a headline the teaparty haters would love to read

but alas its one they will never see however pick any day of the week and you will find a union that has done it and will do it time and time agian.

union thugs aint an urban legend no matter how much some people wish it were

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
that is indeed a headline the teaparty haters would love to read

but alas its one they will never see however pick any day of the week and you will find a union that has done it and will do it time and time agian.

union thugs aint an urban legend no matter how much some people wish it were

*shock*

And we're the ones they call violent haters.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yawn.. round filed under "propaganda".

It wasn't "Hundreds of Tea Party protesters ", it was dozens of unique individual people.. I thought stereotypes and broad brushing groups went out with racism..?.. oh, this is classism which is ok. "Eeewe, look at those people.. they must all be a certain class.. lower of course, and crazy."

..I might also add there is no such thing as a "tea party", just folks.. Americans, the media & establishment have painted with a broad brush of divide & conquer lunacy...

I say: good!! about time angry people got together.. actions speak louder than empty words .. if ya can't vote away the stench of fascism, imo, the people are justified to disregard laws like the govt does. If the govt can kidnap, storm, raid and cause mad ruckus.. so can the serfs & plebes... just following the so called "leaders" example after all.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Huh?
Didyou read ALL of my OP?

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by GovtFlu
reply to post by beezzer

Yawn.. round filed under "propaganda".

It wasn't "Hundreds of Tea Party protesters ", it was dozens of unique individual people..

Dozens of unique individual people who destroy things together then demand bargaining rights together, no?

I thought stereotypes and broad brushing groups went out with racism..?.. oh, this is classism which is ok. "Eeewe, look at those people.. they must all be a certain class.. lower of course, and crazy."

So far it seems you are the only one who has said anything like that. I have no problem with the class of anyone rich or poor. This is just thugs part of a very rich union destroying private property.

..I might also add there is no such thing as a "tea party", just folks.. Americans, the media & establishment have painted with a broad brush of divide & conquer lunacy...

When people organize around a mutual idea, principle, or goal we can easily label them within a collective group. It is not a crime and will not toe some politically correct line to satisfy anyone who has nightmares about someone saying words which their sociology teachers taught them is "insensitive".

I say: good!! about time angry people got together.. actions speak louder than empty words .. if ya can't vote away the stench of fascism, imo, the people are justified to disregard laws like the govt does.

So... the ends justify the means, right? Is that the argument you would like to use? If they damage someone's property the owner(s) of said property should be permitted to use force. Fair is fair, right? Plus since when did a common private business become a justifiable target of mob anger?

If the govt can kidnap, storm, raid and cause mad ruckus.. so can the serfs & plebes... just following the so called "leaders" example after all.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world blind...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I was gonna say...it wasn't Tea Partiers..it was Longshoremen...

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
We have some real sleuths up in here.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gannicus
We have some real sleuths up in here.

Um, er. . . . . . yeah.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join