It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of thhe shadows

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
So, I've been a member for .. a while, I guess, and a lurker for a bit longer - maybe 2 years? And I don't post a lot. I guess I felt it was time to explain why. First, and the main reson that I keep coming here, is that there are some really knowledgeable people here who know more about the USGS, CME's, American politics and orbital trajectories than I can ever hope to learn. I love your posts. Thanks you for letting me audit and learn. I don't comment because all I have are questions, and your posts always answer them in advance of my asking. You rock!

But the other reason I keep coming here (and not posting) is that some of you are absolutely bonkers, and I find your posts both turbulent and compelling, yet I haven't a clue how to respond to them. At least once a week, I tell myself I need to prepare my emergency kit, because a bunch of posts have me convinced enough that the world is going to end ifor me if I don't have iodine tablets. And every week I don't. And every Monday I wake up breathing. And there you are again. Awesome! But .... I absolutely don't know what to say to you.

I used to spend my time reading about Scientology on the net. That's done. This is better.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Jebbaroo

Explanation: Flagged!

Personal Disclosure: Welcome! OL is sure a mod will be along soon to help out with an informative post etc. I also recommend utilizing the green chat voyuer function on the ATS tool bar to the bottom of most ATS webpages [aka the ribbon]! It will enable you to watch who and what is being posted in chat but unfortunately you wont be able to join or chat back until your post count reaches 200 posts or so.

Peace and much love!

Sincerely OL [OmegaLogos]

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS cooking.

For this recipe, you will need:

Several ATS posts
Skepticism
A grain of salt
Your mind

Take the ATS posts and combine them in your mind, breaking them down if necessary. Add just enough skepticism to cover them. Bring to a slow simmer, stirring often until well combined. Add a grain of salt. Enjoy.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by OmegaLogos

Thanks, Omegaloops, I appreciate your response. I've noticed this green ribbbon mentioned in a few points, but I must be daft, because I don't see it. Bah, I'm probably too busy trying to figure out the rest of the site to be able to appreciate it properly now. I get frustrated, I click on a shiny new link, and then I'm happy again. I feel a llittle guilty, because this is obviously a very serious site for many, but for me it's serious /entertainment, and I let my analytical barin relax a bit when I'm here. The ribbon and resultant thought-provoking posts will appear to me when it is supposed to be, I guess

And peace right back at ya!

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Hi Jebbaroo, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now.

Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads in the appropriate forums and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.
I'm sure you will find many threads to pick from to add your thoughts and opinions too.

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Look down at the bottom right. There's a thing that says "Show Ribbon". Click on that.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

You are absolutely my kind of N3k9Ni. Skepticism and salt I have. A brain, well we can only hope.

Thanks for your thoughts.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by N3k9Ni

Well there it is! It's not a ribbon, it's a sliver, that disappears just when you think you've found it. Thanks!

new topics

top topics

join