It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston we have a problem : Breakup of Comet Elenin is slowing it down

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Comets...asteroids...and other..."stuff" out there...
There are ways to stop them;
and ways to steer them...

It would behoove us as a species to keep ever vigilant of anything in "Gods Ocean"...
Espescially since "we" are getting out into it in more and more ways...

How soon before we ourselves can threaten Earth with a Nickle or Bio-Bullet? (Tug)

a debri field might be a perfect space camouflage...

edit on 10-9-2011 by Khurzon because: eta:bio

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Everyone is talking about elenin but few talk about the asteroid YU55 that is right behind it. It comes very, very close to earth...so close it appears to make impact. Check out the NASA site and enter the date November 9, 2011.... ssd.jpl.nasa.gov... Couldn't it be very possible that the gravitational pull of elenin could change its trajectory? The Bible says we get hit with an asteroid. It also tells us there will be a solar flare that hits the earth before the asteroid. Kind of scary but NASA just put out a public documentary about increasing CME's.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kwell
Everyone is talking about elenin but few talk about the asteroid YU55 that is right behind it. It comes very, very close to earth...so close it appears to make impact. Check out the NASA site and enter the date November 9, 2011.... ssd.jpl.nasa.gov... Couldn't it be very possible that the gravitational pull of elenin could change its trajectory? The Bible says we get hit with an asteroid. It also tells us there will be a solar flare that hits the earth before the asteroid. Kind of scary but NASA just put out a public documentary about increasing CME's.

Ok I know very little about comets etc. and I'm assuming everything is normal but Nov 10th just how close will that be and will we see it?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by kwell

Couldn't it be very possible that the gravitational pull of elenin could change its trajectory? The Bible says we get hit with an asteroid. It also tells us there will be a solar flare that hits the earth before the asteroid.

No, the comet does not have enough mass. It sailed blithely past two asteroids on the way in and neither of them seemed to notice. It has been a while since I've read the Bible, but I don't recall seeing the word "asteroid" anywhere. Or solar flare.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001
reply to post by kwell

Couldn't it be very possible that the gravitational pull of elenin could change its trajectory? The Bible says we get hit with an asteroid. It also tells us there will be a solar flare that hits the earth before the asteroid.

No, the comet does not have enough mass. It sailed blithely past two asteroids on the way in and neither of them seemed to notice. It has been a while since I've read the Bible, but I don't recall seeing the word "asteroid" anywhere. Or solar flare.

Revelation 8:8 ....and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea.......

Sounds like an asteroid to me.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

reply to post by kwell

Revelation 8:8 ....and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea.......

...I've got to be honest I don't see how that is an asteroid :S... i'd say forest fire before asteroid and even thats pushing the boat out (not to sea though
)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

reply to post by kwell

Solar flare...Revelation 8:7 .....hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and a third part of the trees were burnt up and all the green grass was burnt up.

This fits a scientific model: As the solar flare hits the cold outer atsmosphere it would produce hail and the fire from the flare would come through. It would kill every living thing in the air...that is where it would be mingled with blood. As it makes its way to the earth it would burn up trees and grass. If you read prior to that in Revelation, the sky is rolled up like a scroll...the earth loses its protective magnetosphere leaving us open to all that follows.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
can someone tell me, could elenin be a neutron star???

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by BillyBoBBizWorth

I suppose it depends on what you call proof.
Can you provide 100% proof that your parents are really your parents?

edit on 9/10/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

well played phage...well played.
i find lots of people respect you on these forums' due to your vast knowledge and contribution. thus i do as well, and so far every time i see you comment on something, i try to verify your info, and its always correct!! ^.^

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

reply to post by kwell

Solar flare...Revelation 8:7 .....hail and fire mingled with blood, and they were cast upon the earth: and a third part of the trees were burnt up and all the green grass was burnt up.

This fits a scientific model: As the solar flare hits the cold outer atsmosphere it would produce hail and the fire from the flare would come through. It would kill every living thing in the air...that is where it would be mingled with blood. As it makes its way to the earth it would burn up trees and grass. If you read prior to that in Revelation, the sky is rolled up like a scroll...the earth loses its protective magnetosphere leaving us open to all that follows.

The bible is a fallacy

Damn i wish people would wake up and realize there is as much use as looking in the bible for clues to the end of the world as there is in believing all that tripe the mayans were spewing about 2012.

We get comets all the time, it will break up in our atmosphere and we will see an amazing meteor shower.

but alas when this happens, the next comet will be "the big one" and the one after that, and the one after that.

End of Story

Sorry if i sound like an animal, but i just woke up...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
The bible is a fallacy

Damn i wish people would wake up and realize there is as much use as looking in the bible for clues to the end of the world as there is in believing all that tripe the mayans were spewing about 2012.

We get comets all the time, it will break up in our atmosphere and we will see an amazing meteor shower.

but alas when this happens, the next comet will be "the big one" and the one after that, and the one after that.

End of Story

Sorry if i sound like an animal, but i just woke up...

Only a fool says there is no God...Psalms 14:1

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tangled2011

reply to post by kwell

...I've got to be honest I don't see how that is an asteroid :S... i'd say forest fire before asteroid and even thats pushing the boat out (not to sea though
)

What is it about people and the Bible??

"as it were a great mountain burning with fire"

every heard of a Volcano?,,,"great mountain burning with fire",,

seriously sometimes,,
a forest fire???,,,
"Sounds like an asteroid to me."???

IT'S a Volcano,,,

"great mountain burning with fire",,

wake-up ,,seriously,,,wtfu.,,people.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenCo

Originally posted by chr0naut
reply to post by Theophoros

Latest science says it does appear to have broken up. Even its discoverer Leon Elenin has commented on its break up.

Because the pieces are in the vacuum of space and the forces upon the comet are unchanged, they are not, essentially, changing direction, slowing down, speeding up or anything similar. The comet is just becoming softer and fuzzier as moves on its original orbital trajectory.

Not at all.
Velocity = mass * acceleration... so less mass because is breaking up, then less velocity. Simple physics.

What? First the equation is FORCE=m*a

Second, it does not apply unless an external force is involved (including propulsion as a possibility)

Conservation of momentum requires that the comet maintain trajectory, only the distribution of its mass can be affected.

rrr

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
So many people could have saved so much time by simply ignoring anything and everything about this comet that wasn't scientifically determined. All the speculation and rebuttals, arguments and insults could have been avoided. This is in fact a comet. It has in fact broken up, to an extent, and even if it hits us, it's not going to hurt. Anything coming in from space, in general, is going to land in the ocean. Remember that the earth is composed of over 70% water, which is 140 million square miles, give or take.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Nevermind

edit on 10-9-2011 by Human_Alien because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by mandella1099

College level phisics usually requires participating in lab experiments where, among other things free fall acceleration is tested. I would venture to guess phage, like me or anybody with some sort of degree has actually witnessed first hand the falls of different mass objects with timing equipment.

rrr

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
Its the classic"Change the info often enough and people will get confused" . If you add the blackouts etc, it surely makes you go Mmmmm?. There is so much bad, false and downright MSM lies surrounding the times we live in, its a wonder we have enough sanity left to make an informed choice.

Where are the usual suspects to debunk, or even retract the "Elenin is breaking up, no harm to us, just a large snowball" rhetoric thats been getting spewed all over this and every other board. There is a game afoot and I dont know about the rest of you people but Im sick of it !

respects

My sentiment exactly. There are so many conflicting views, even from "credible" sources such as NASA, respected astronomers, etc. I don't know what to believe anymore. The only logical action is hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tangled2011

Ok I know very little about comets etc. and I'm assuming everything is normal but Nov 10th just how close will that be and will we see it?

The asteroid YU55 is about 1400 feet across and will be closer than the moon, yes we should be able to see it.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by IntegratedInstigator
reply to post by greenCo

Velocity = mass * acceleration? What physics courses have you taken...

I and all my peers know the equation to be F=MA... the equation for force...

Yes, absolutely you are right.

I was just probably having a "senior moment" and didn't see that the original equation was wrong.

Apologies to any who may have been misled by my mistake.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Theophoros

I am commenting on this satellite that is going to come down "somewhere". Why is it that they can launch a satellite with pin point accuracy, but they can't guide it when it comes down to some desalite, un populated location??

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join