It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel to ‘punish’ Turkey

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Doesn't Turkey house a junk load of U.S. nuclear weapons? I guess it would all boil down to how the U.S. can resolve the issue, if that isn't the case it would boil down to who the U.S. is willing to step in and help? Would it turn on NATO or a country it supports. Either way they go, the U.S. will be proving they'd choose one side over the other and get into heat with some more people. Let's see how this plays out. Maybe it is the beginning of WW3 or maybe just a little bit of heat before uniting the nations to prepare for the NWO.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Turkey and Israel are closer to each other than many other states. It's just a dispute between friends.

They even compete in a friendly manner at the yearly Eurivison Song Contest - both not really "European".
(Guess, who wins more often there...)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by LibertarianExpress

read article 5 of the nato treaty they have to be in the north atlantic region its why we didnt help the british in the falklands war and all actions in nato are done by conscientious i believe was the term and last time i checked nato didnt cover nations engaged in hostile actions first ie the turks are trying to break a blockaide ie that would be the turks first attack if they enter Israeli territory waters then nato wont have to do anything legaly

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

Hahaha I couldn't stop laughing at your response to the post u replied too!!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by stirling

Isreal will definately use its tactical and strategic nukes next war if they are severely out gunned or out numbered.
There is nothing to stop them in my humble O>

Israel should do a public demonstration by detonating a nuke in the Negev desert. Otherwise they could be duds. The triggering mechanism of nukes are notoriously finicky.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Israel should do a public demonstration by detonating a nuke in the Negev desert.

God, i hope Israel will do no such thing.
A) There will be radiation and even if very remote area will be chosen it is still a small country and there still are bedouin tribes wandering about desert without any planned route.
B) All the nations in the region will be very threatened by this and situation is unstable even now.

posted on Sep, 11 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Thats sounds about right too. The two countries are only having a small wee spat, nothing to worry about. Perhaps many posters in here too busy playing Warcraft and get confused between whats reality and whats not!

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by demoncleaner

Long Live Turkey.

There are always thread on Muslims. I think Turkey is ready for a war as it should be.

IMO : When you have an enemy and he is threatening your presence , you should go and beat him up in his home.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

good,

i had many Armenian friends and it is a shame these turks want to pave that genocide over and start another.

the gov of turkey might seem to be secular but the population are not.

they are in for a hurting.

If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the genocide the result of Islamic practice. They invaded and killed the unbelievers. And anyone not worshiping their god allah. Yeah, I think that's the one I'm talking about.

posted on Sep, 12 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
Israel has failed to grasp the true implications of the arab spring. They are no longer surrounded by western puppet regimes keeping their populations suppressed and unquestioning. What they face now is a renaissance of arab/islamic culture that stretches right across the middle east and into a resurgent/confident Turkey to the north. Its a grassroots movement of people power, they want 'and are getting' change, that change does not just stop with the overthrow of their corrupt leaders. Even the leaders who have not been toppled now live in fear of their citizens, and will do what the people want rather than risk revolution.

There are signs that the arab spring may be turning into outright hostility towards Israel and its treatment of the palestinians. Rather than recognise the danger signs, Israel is as belligerent and arrogant as ever. Unless they engage with the rest of the middle and show some much needed foresight, they risk destroying their very way of life.

The Arab uprisings completely shuffled Turkey's cards and showed the limitations of it's neo-ottoman
ambitions.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by hmdphantom

IMO: I think you concluding statement is rather ignorant. Does that mean that Israel can go beat up most the Arab countries surrounding Israel in their own homes? I'm sure you would tug a different line if that were to be the case.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
reply to post by hmdphantom

IMO: I think you concluding statement is rather ignorant. Does that mean that Israel can go beat up most the Arab countries surrounding Israel in their own homes? I'm sure you would tug a different line if that were to be the case.

Thank you for reply.

I think that they (Israelis) did it . They did in 1948.

On 14 May 1948, the day the Mandate officially ended and the day before the bulk of the remaining British troops departed, Israel declared its independence and sovereignty, though without specifying borders. The next day, the Arab League reiterated officially their opposition to the "two-state solution" in a letter to the UN

That day, the armies of Egypt, Lebanon, Syria, Jordan, and Iraq invaded the territory partitioned for the Arab state, marking the beginning of the 1948 Arab-Israeli War. The nascent Israeli Defense Force repulsed the Arab League nations from part of the occupied territories, thus extending its borders beyond the original UNSCOP partition. By December 1948, Israel controlled most of the portion of Mandate Palestine west of the Jordan River. The remainder of the Mandate consisted of Jordan, the area that came to be called the West Bank (controlled by Jordan), and the Gaza Strip (controlled by Egypt). Prior to and during this conflict, 713,000 Palestinian Arabs fled their original lands to become Palestinian refugees, in part, due to an alleged promise from Arab leaders that they would be able to return when the war had been won. Many Palestinians fled from the areas that are now present-day Israel as a response to alleged massacres of Arab towns by militant Jewish organizations like the Irgun and the Stern Gang (See Deir Yassin massacre). The War came to an end with the signing of the 1949 Armistice Agreements between Israel and each of its Arab neighbors.

Arab–Israeli conflict

I think they have occupied Palestine . Palestine is not their home. They were let to live in Palestine by UK. They don't have thee right to

go beat up most the Arab countries surrounding Israel in their own homes

Q: Did UK put it on a referendum for Palestinians to let Israelis come to their land ?

A : No

Q : Then where is the democracy?

A : Democracy is just a tool . It can be ignored whenever they want.

By the way , they always keep on bombing Palestinians in their home and killing them. It may seem that Palestinians have occupies Israel.
edit on 13/9/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Just some thoughts to some of the responses here, and perhaps a question or two to help me understand as well.

1. What does it say in the NATO alliance regarding a member nation being the aggresor?
In my opinion, Turkey is sending a warship to protect a civilian vessel within international waters (the last incident happened in international waters) but what happens when they enter Israeli waters?
At that point, the Turkish vessels would be the aggressors and the Israeli forces would have the right to fire. Am I wrong?

2. Everyone seems obsessed on the nuclear arsenals, I think it would be diplomatic suicide for any nation anywhere on this planet to use nuclear weapons in an offensive manner.
Now, let's say hypothetically that the nuclear option is to be executed. Turkey has US nuclear bombs (not missiles). One would assume that the arming codes are kept with US command, not Turkish, despite being "assigned" to Turkish planes. This is more than likely basic security precautions. Whereas Israel has it's own weapons with missile deployment, so in this case I would have to give the advantage to Israel.

As far as international backing?
I would predict a worst-case scenario of a naval battle between Israel and Turkey, and only them alone.
NATO would not get involved because they would get hung up on the argument that Turkey was breaking a UN-acknowledged legal blockade, which will allow all the members to stay out of it. This would include the USA, and Turkey's rival Greece (who have their own issues to deal with).

Oh, and please, please do not use Globalfirepower.com or wikipedia to compare military strength. The first site is pure speculation for entertainment purposes (see fine print) and the second is open to the general public for alteration.

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Konstantinos

but what happens when they enter Israeli waters?
At that point, the Turkish vessels would be the aggressors and the Israeli forces would have the right to fire. Am I wrong?

Why would they enter Israeli waters??
They are taking aid to Gaza, not Israel..
You do not need to go through Israeli waters to get to Gaza..

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

It's definitely going to be interesting to see how this plays out,considering that Israel is not a part of NATO.Will NATO militarily execute a war with Turkey against Israel if the two countries engage?

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

By aid you mean Weapons. We saw how well it worked for israel when they left Gaza. A week didnt pass by and the palestinian animals starting shooting rockets at civilian towns in northern israel. So much for peace with Arabs...

Gaza is a joke, israel should transfer all the palestinians there to jordan and be done with them...
edit on 13-9-2011 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Konstantinos

NATO would not get involved because they would get hung up on the argument that Turkey was breaking a UN-acknowledged legal blockade, which will allow all the members to stay out of it.

I have some news for you !!!

UN independent panel rules Israel blockade ILLEGAL

posted on Sep, 13 2011 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
By aid you mean Weapons. We saw how well it worked for israel when they left Gaza. A week didnt pass by and the palestinian animals starting shooting rockets at civilian towns in northern israel. So much for peace with Arabs...

It's understandable Israel would tried to block weapons from entering Gaza. But why would Israel block EXPORTS (vegetables or fruits destined for Europe) from leaving Gaza? That seems like another clear violation (collective punishment) of the 4th Geneva Convention.

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by CountDrac
reply to post by backinblack

Gaza is a joke, israel should transfer all the palestinians there to jordan and be done with them...
edit on 13-9-2011 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

Ya know, I've never pushed for the Jews to be gone from the ME but heck, why not?

Get rid of Israel and all will be well...

Hows that Drac? Sorta what you say...

posted on Sep, 14 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by Dr Expired

Not quite.

All Libyans are Sunni. All Palestinians (Fatah and Hamas) are Sunni. Lebanese are a majority Sunni although Hizbollah are Shi'ite. A majority of Egyptians and Jordanians are Sunni. A majority of the Syrians & Turks are Sunni. Saudi Arabia/Kuwait/UAE are Sunni. Bahrain is 70% Shi'ite. Almost all North Africans are Sunni. Iraq is only just a majority of Shi'ite (55%). Iran are a majority Shi'ite. Kurds are a majority Shi'ite. Pakistan has a clear majority of Sunni although they also have the 2nd largest population of Shi'ite in the world.

Of the whole Middle East region, Sunni are the majority but only just. Of the North African nations, Sunni are the majority.

edit on 10-9-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

i doubt it will matter who's sunni and who's shiite, when a strong charismatic leader appears in the near future, they will put aside their differences to fight the "infidel".

somewhere around that time the universal architect will gather all nations together near jerusalem to sort it all out.

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join