It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Have Misunderstood Light and Dimensions.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Harte

I wonder if the blind lead the blind?

Gross avatar btw.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Dogs lead the blind.

Ya know, when I was little my dad told me the stars were the lights of the people who have came before us. I have pondered that idea a time or two.

Nothing wrong with thinking out loud. Great minds working together is just another way we evolve in knowledge.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by smithjustinb
The 4d entity of course.
Oh. I thought maybe the 4d entity would be blind in one eye, since the sun is its eye.

Assuming that a 4d being needs 2 eyes.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Assuming that there are 4d beings.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

True.

I think it is significant how it correlates to popular theological scripture though. It also integrates and responds to what we know about spatial dimensions. Also, when you think about it, as outrageous of an idea as it is, it actually makes sense.

And to be concise, it would make more sense to say that the sun isn't actually an eye, but what is called the optic chiasm

The optic nerves from both eyes meet and cross at the optic chiasm,[14][15] at the base of the hypothalamus of the brain. At this point the information coming from both eyes is combined and then splits according to the visual field. The corresponding halves of the field of view (right and left) are sent to the left and right halves of the brain, respectively, to be processed. That is, the right side of primary visual cortex deals with the left half of the field of view from both eyes, and similarly for the left brain.[12] A small region in the center of the field of view is processed redundantly by both halves of the brain.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

I think it is significant how it correlates to popular theological scripture though. It also integrates and responds to what we know about spatial dimensions. Also, when you think about it, as outrageous of an idea as it is, it actually makes sense.

Scriptures are interpreted by people in many different ways, and to them it always makes sense, or they wouldn't believe it. Think of all the denominations that exist in christianity today.

There are tons of examples of how people interpret the bible in different ways. Baptists believe that you must be baptized to be saved. Pentecostals believe that the gifts of the spirit are active today. Snake handlers believe that you must show your faith by dancing around with rattlesnakes. Some baptists and pentecostals believe that women have to wear skirts, can't wear makeup, and can't cut their hair. Catholics believe that you have to take communion every Sunday, or you're in trouble, and that babies should be baptized. Church of christ people believe that they're the only ones going to heaven, and that you shouldn't have music playing when you're singing praises to god. Seventh Day Adventists believe that you must keep Saturday holy, not Sunday...and by going to church on Sunday you're accepting the mark of the beast. These are just off the top of my head...I could go on and on.

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
If you have never experienced a thing, you do not know a thing. All you can do is assume, conjecture, guess, speculate, imagine, and make-believe until the 'thing' is experienced. Because without the experience, you will never know. How can you experience an inter-dimensional eye? You can't, because you are stuck in human perspective. Even if in range, you would only be observing it, not experiencing it. So you guessing the sun is an eyeball is equally as valid as me saying the sun is a giant firefly flying across the sky, or Horus, even a giant stage light. With this understood, what's there to defend? Speculative discussion is really fun, but you are steering people to believe a concept that you "do not stand behind, who knows, and kinda makes sense."

Since we are only working on the basis of 'could be true' and 'kind of makes sense'.... I would more tend to believe the Sun is the nucleus of an atom on a macro-scale... or even that the Sun is the bio-electrical signal firing between neurons on a macro-scale. For the Sun to be an anthrpormorphic, 4-dimensional eyeball is like seeing a blood cell under the microscope and calling it an eyeball... it has a long way to go to contribute to a greater, overall structure. The Sun needs a much larger scale before it is something as complex as an organ; it's more like a cell or a subatomic particle. This makes more sense to me. Sorry to be so harsh.

edit on 9/9/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 9 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sweetmystery

Light is Information; I always saw that word information as In Form --- Light in formed --- either way it is Light is Intelligent. Light is very definitely connected to God and God is Like the Unseen Light that is faster than the speed of our daily limited light-- our daily limited light is, to put it very basic, God's intelligence 'seen' as things--or In intelligence or idea witnessed as formed light which appears as a world of time and 'matter'.

Apparently Language has the power of light! Light is information brought to you by language.

Language is a light programming.

I recently saw this video. This guy may not sound at first like he knows what he is talking about, but I think he does understand the way language brings in our light frequency. Enjoy!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:06 AM
link   

reply to post by Harte

Seems odd to me that nobody's mentioned that eyes work by light going in, while stars have light going out.
Maybe I missed it.

Why can't stars just be the bellybuttons of these 4-D creatures? Why do they have to be the eyes?

Maybe they're the moles of the 4-D creatures.

I bet the 4-D creatures are really the armpits of the 5-D creatures.

Gross avatar btw.

Thanks, Hydroman. I strive for reality - so I stole the avatar from a free gif website.

Harte

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Harte

reply to post by Harte

Seems odd to me that nobody's mentioned that eyes work by light going in, while stars have light going out.
Maybe I missed it.

You did miss it. Did you read the link in the op?

The whole point was, light is travelling through dimensions and into the sun. Its like we are on the inside of an entities head and we are the neurotransmitters observing light going out from the sun. That's the 4d entities internal appearance. Externally, for the 4d entity, there is light going in its eye which is the sun (according to this idea).

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Scriptures are interpreted by people in many different ways, and to them it always makes sense, or they wouldn't believe it. Think of all the denominations that exist in christianity today.

There are tons of examples of how people interpret the bible in different ways. Baptists believe that you must be baptized to be saved. Pentecostals believe that the gifts of the spirit are active today. Snake handlers believe that you must show your faith by dancing around with rattlesnakes. Some baptists and pentecostals believe that women have to wear skirts, can't wear makeup, and can't cut their hair. Catholics believe that you have to take communion every Sunday, or you're in trouble, and that babies should be baptized. Church of christ people believe that they're the only ones going to heaven, and that you shouldn't have music playing when you're singing praises to god. Seventh Day Adventists believe that you must keep Saturday holy, not Sunday...and by going to church on Sunday you're accepting the mark of the beast. These are just off the top of my head...I could go on and on.

You're right. Some parts are interpretable as symbolism, and some literal. I believe the literal translations are sometimes the most in line with the actual message.

If "the body of christ" is to be taken literally, which I did, then it would support my idea. If not taken literally, then it can be subject to a variety of interpretations. A literal translation only has one possible interpretation, unless the context of that interpretation is completely wrong.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Light is light.

Its something you create. It does what you want. There is nothing else to it.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sahabi

Since we are only working on the basis of 'could be true' and 'kind of makes sense'.... I would more tend to believe the Sun is the nucleus of an atom on a macro-scale... or even that the Sun is the bio-electrical signal firing between neurons on a macro-scale. For the Sun to be an anthrpormorphic, 4-dimensional eyeball is like seeing a blood cell under the microscope and calling it an eyeball... it has a long way to go to contribute to a greater, overall structure. The Sun needs a much larger scale before it is something as complex as an organ; it's more like a cell or a subatomic particle. This makes more sense to me. Sorry to be so harsh.

edit on 9/9/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

I understand.

This is where it takes a great leap in imagination to actually conceive of the 4th dimension. The sun is liken unto the eye, but there is more. The earth is the brain, and the rest of the planets are the rest of the body.

As atoms are mostly empty space, so too is the structure of this higher being. Each solid part serves the purpose of the system. If atoms are mostly empty space, and we are made up of atoms, then we are mostly empty space as well. So too is the body of this higher dimensional being.

Think of a 2d world. The jump from 2d to 3d is huge. We see a 2d world around us included in our 3d world, so we would never expect the 4d world to exist outside the observable universe. Like the 2d world's observable universe includes the observable 3d world, the 3d world's observable universe should include the 4d world, but it doesnt.

The 2d internal world of the human body does not include an observable 3d space, just as the 3d internal world of the 4d body does not include an observable 4d space.

So you can only observe dimensions lower than your own. If I can only observe dimensions lower than my own, then what about knowledge of a 4th dimension. Isn't that like observing? No. Information comes from light which travels through all dimensions and remains the same light. Knowing of 4d is not observing the 4th dimension, it is only the interaction of our intelligence with the light that has within its information, information of the 4th dimension.

The 4th dimension is hard to understand.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I know its hard to give credence to what it is i say. I know how hard it is to understand, or how easy it is to dismiss. Especially when i use such a simple format with as few words as possible to explain the truth.

I mean seriously, how could you be in control of light? If control is what you want........ this is the true spiritual conundrum we face.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
The sun is hard to describe using the words we have available to us. Words are just signposts that point to things. It helps, in this case, to point from multiple directions so that a larger understanding may develop.

It's part of the one, as we all are.
Physically the sun is a ball of hot gasses undergoing fusion.
It is a complete entity. But not like you and I.
The basic "rule sets" for our experience are determined, well, from our physical perspective, by the center of the galaxy. This is a relatively large shard of the creator.
Thus the sun is a step down in the hierarchy, still a relatively large bit of awareness by our standards. It helps create the nuances of our existence.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 04:42 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

I agree with you that 4D is difficult to understand. Even after researching this concept, one can walk away scratching their head in confusion. It is hard to grasp an imperceivable world.

What makes the Earth any sort of brain? Is it because of the life here? What if Mars truly has life, or prehistoric fossilized life? What if the moon Europa has oceanic life? What about solar systems that have more than one world with life, or have no worlds with life? What makes earth any sort of brain, and not other planets or satellites?

If the sun is an eye, what about helium and hydrogen combustions, nuclear reactions, or subatomic particle collisions here on earth? If light equates to being the ultimate information source and eye to a higher perception, what about candles and light bulbs? What would we say about the various phases of stars... accretion disks, proto-stars, dwarfs, quasars, black holes.... or even gaseous planets such as Jupiter?

According to my understanding; Life, consciousness, and structure form and interconnect at every single part of existence... from infinite micro, to infinite macro, and in every direction and dimension. It's just a matter of scale/perspective of reference.

I do not feel that the sun is at a frame of reference to be an eye of any 4-Dimensional being. Grand magnitude of light doesn't mean greater dimensional entity. If you connect more galaxies together with our's, I would more easily conceive an eyeball, by equating our solar system to one elemental structure.

Do we agree that 4-D involves the concept of freedom from time-space? Isn't the sun confined to a specific space, being observed at a specific time?

However, light is of a higher vibration, and information is transmitted through light. The Sun is a vessel that contains the universal consciousness, just as we and all things do. The Sun's level of sentience and consciousness is for only the Sun to know and experience. The Sun is a living being connected to all of space-time at a frame of reference, just as we are, it's not an eyeball of a 4-D entity.

edit on 9/10/11 by Sahabi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I can see 'the light' as spoken about in mystical terms, as experienced mystically - as being information.
I had an experience once in which I perceived that I 'saw god' (actually I saw 2 perfect beings, man and woman, as if they were me, but not me, and utterly perfect) but even what I felt I saw was irrelevant and even as I was seeing it, I felt it was merely symbolic and was appearing that way - to me - as a personal way of seeing it, as if 100 million other people could see it too, but all perceive something different in appearance- but the people doing the seeing, would all understand that it WAS the same though it looked different, but anyone else....could not.

And yes, the information - pure unfiltered, but not what was in front, but what was behind, what was before, and what was to be. It is .seriously. overwhelming. Dazing. Just knock me in the head and call me kookoo cause all you can do is stand there with your mouth open and forget you're even there. Brain can't handle it. Have to leave body behind to stand it, deal with it. cause brain is used to 2 eyes instead of not needing eyes.

Not sure though, if "GOD" is really needed in the equation. Like "GOD" as most people call GOD - that might just be the silver cord of "GOD" that they tie to the Bible or whatever holy book they want. The information is making itself, and then suddenly, it's the consciousness of the information, but they are in some loopback, and dude, I am the imformation if I am conscious of it. It streams through me and from me, it is me, it is 'god' ..but like. ..what we call GOD, that is the perfection and the completion - I am and I am not. I am a relay. I am the bearer of 2 of the thousand eyes of Mithra. I am living inside the starry cloak of Metatron. I am a creator and an experiencer. And so are you.

It's all somewhere in the paradox. I am THIS big. You are THIS big. Yet alone we can be as big as the whole thing, but yet no bigger if put together. We're all part of a big halogram
edit on 10-9-2011 by hadriana because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
So, I have been enjoying reading your posts and I've been noticing some concurrent themes in real and internet life. Many folk from varied philosophical and religious affiliations seem to be coming to this subject on their own...like something is waking up.

The Bible has become increasingly metaphysical in my readings and "Light" is a big subject there. Science seems to be edging ever closer to one day looking into a microscope or telescope and staring directly into the eye of God. Given enough time of course.

With that said, I find this to be true:

“I am the Light of the World. Whoever follows me will never walk in darkness, but will have the light of life.” John 8:12

Light & Darkness are more than allegory I'm sure. There is War here--and in the cosmos--between the two. I wanna be a spiritual 'moth' and fly towards the light. May I be strengthened to do so.

I apologize for being so blunt, but this is an extremely confusing post.

1) More people are "coming" to a natural evolutionary blend of metaphysics and basic hard scientific reality via completely definable and non mysterious means. It's called mass communication and the most basic concepts of social and specific evolution at this time.

2) Light & darkness, as you contextually refer to them, are, in fact, polarized, visually determined appearances, based on dimensional centric sensory input perceptions. 100% of what we "see" externally, is actually processed information that is neurally compiled internally BEFORE we interpret that same information into composite structure as an externally perceived concept of our reality. Again, this is basic and non mysterious stuff.

3) Sir, you BETTER hope to be MUCH more than a spiritual moth. As one of the most predominant descriptions within the Bible are of SATAN as an angel of LIGHT.

2 Corinthians 11:14 "And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light"

Please try this if you get a chance. Google the "serenity prayer" , combine that with the above bible verse, and leave them old mothballs alone. ;-)

I'll leave you with this: Ephisians 2:2 "Wherein in time past ye walked according to the course of this world, according to the prince of the power of the air, the spirit that now worketh in the children of disobedience"
"
What/who precisely do you believe is being referred to here as "prince of the power of the air"? Just what is it those UNIDENTIFIED objects do so much of anyhow?

Be careful with that LIGHT Eugene...

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

A literal translation only has one possible interpretation, unless the context of that interpretation is completely wrong.
Do you interpret the flood story as a literal story? If so, tell me what happened during the flood. Was it a world wide flood? Was it a local flood? Were dinosaurs on the boat? This story is taken many different ways. What is the correct context it should be taken in?

Next, talk about Genesis 6:4. What is the literal interpretation for that? It should be quite clear. Yet, it is not.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

The first 3 dimensions are spatial dimensions. The 4th is time. Together as a single continuum, they make Spacetime. Technically, humans are already 4 dimensional creatures as we all exist within the Spacetime continuum.

Cheers!

IRM

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join