It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming soon: The IRS will do your taxes for you

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

good.

i wish they'd do this in my country.

as long as i don't get robbed, im happy for the tax man to save me paying an accountant.

obviously people who want to do shady things are going to complain, but then they can carry on paying an expensive accountant..

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by schuyler

I do know I'm payiing tax I didnt mean I forget about it I meant it as in Its no hassle I just let them get on with it, I'm well aware of taxes and much they are but my point was I dont have to deal with it every month or fill out forms.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

You're absolutely right. I could, but not without violating the guidelines and breaking rules. Seeing as how I enjoy this website, I intend to stick to those rules.

Thank you for your trollage. Have a nice day.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Hey, would you mind sending me an email alert when the IRS decides to PAY this (unconstitutional) income tax for us???
Until then.......don't forget (while you're grazing) to take a deep breath and remember how very SPECIAL we are to be living in such a free third world country like we are!

Thanks!!!!

edit on 7-9-2011 by Human_Alien because: grammer

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghost375
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

But you could be the better man and change it.

Thus violating ATS Terms & Conditions. They set this rule and I've seen them invoke sanctions for people who violated it. Redneck followed the rules. No fair dinging him on it.

In terms of the IRS doing the return, in some cases there isn't really a problem. My returns are so simple, for example, that there's no real reason for me to go through it. I don't have deductions, no stock sales, no Schedule C. Everything is a known quantity. I wouldn't want them to do a complex return--I've caught them in errors before, but for a simple return there's really not that much to it.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
And you betcha, they make a mistake (and you trust them and you sign it) they raid your butt with a SWAT team... and of course it's gonna be YOUR fault.

Better solution : don't send money to those gangsters.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

Yup. It'd also be a really convenient way to dumb down on all that money on tax returns that they wind up owing people every year. With them being the ones to calculate it, you'd have to go through so much trouble to get your full return that it wouldn't even be worth it.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by roughycannon
reply to post by schuyler

I do know I'm payiing tax I didnt mean I forget about it I meant it as in Its no hassle I just let them get on with it, I'm well aware of taxes and much they are but my point was I dont have to deal with it every month or fill out forms.

Neither do we, which is what I said. I suspect maybe you are thinking there is a difference here that really isn't there. Unless you are a business owner, employers use withholding for income taxes. The typical person doesn't deal with it except once per year when filing taxes. Sounds like the same deal to me. In terms of income it sounds like we do it the same way you do. Taxes are deducted before you get a check.

My comment was addressing purchasing, not income. Your VAT is (I believe) built into the price. Our "sales tax," which is state-based and varies by local jurisidiction, and is NOT national, is added at the point of sale. Just a different way of doing things.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I don't always agree with...maybe 70% of the time. But I wholeheartedly agree with your statement and your take on taxes.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

Most U.S. states have a sales tax, that is added to the price of non-food items and take out food. It can be as much as 10%. I now live in a state that has no sales tax, so I am just like you, it surprises me when I travel to other states and I have to pay more than the listed price.

The above poster was correct, that many people do not realize just how much tax they pay. People from other states come here to make large purchases, just to avoid sales tax. I can't really say I blame them.

ETA-There are hotel room taxes and rental car taxes that can make a vacation much more costly, but many people here are just used to that, so they do not really notice.
edit on 7-9-2011 by PacificBlue because: eta

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join