It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coming soon: The IRS will do your taxes for you

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Coming soon: The IRS will do your taxes for you

dailycaller.com

With a new congressional “super committee” tasked with finding $1.5 trillion in cuts by November, creative ways to find additional revenue are in high demand. And allowing the IRS to prepare you taxes could be one solution.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.humanevents.com

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
You would basically just get a form already filled in from the IRS with all your info put in, and you would just have to sign it. The fact that the IRS already seems to have the information and technology in place to roll this out fairly quickly is disturbing, but the concept of actually doing it is convenient, yet scary to me.

Also, with the way things are done these days, this seems rather hard. People who work for tips come to mind.

Mostly, though, it just seems like one more intrusion of Big Brother. I especially don't trust it since the Fed is technically a private entity.

dailycaller.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The IRS has all of that information already
Not that I am for this move, it will just expand the IRS into a bigger entity when it should be abolished

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Agreed.

And not to mention, it's very much shades of "fox in the henhouse" to me..

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
In the UK our taxes come off our wages before we get them every month.

I like it better as it doesn't even seem like you paying taxes cos you dont think about it, same with our shops all items have the tax already included in the price.

When I went to America for a holiday I found it strange that the tax gets added on when you are at the checkout, a few times I counted my money out while in the queue only to get the checkout and realise I haven't counted the tax.

Went to Mcdonalds... hamburger $0.99 went to the checkout... "that'll be $1.07"

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
There is no doubt in my mind that should such an initiative gain traction with the meat puppets in the government, there is absolutely NO WAY taxes will be 'automatically' prepared for ANY of the top 5% wealthiest people or families in this country.

"Too complicated." they will say, as the poor and shrinking middle-class continue to to foot the big bills...

Also... no Senator or Congressman will have it done for them either .... "Classified and confidential" they will say...

All this just so the Fed board members can keep spreading the loot around the globe to their criminal friends.....

Pathetic is just not strong enough of a word....
edit on 7-9-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by roughycannon

It's no different here.... but for many of us.... it appears they mainly want more for them, and less for us... after all, dying for your political leaders' ambitions isn't enough... you have to pay for the venture too.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Yet, the majority(even most American ATSers) will just bend over and take it. When will you all say "that's it, no farther, I have had enough and I am not taking it anymore"? I am saying that. In 23 days my time as an employee and taxpayer will be done. I plan to become a net drag on the system. Join me. If we could get enough people to just drop out, we could crash the system. Why continue to support your own enslavement?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
this is moronic. Will the IRS know to run a married couple's return both ways to save tax dollars? No. Will the IRS look up missing stock prices for the folks who don't have the initial purchase price listed with their brokers? no. Will the IRS make tax saving suggestions? No. Will the IRS discuss pension options? No. Tax strategies? No.

Here's what will happen. billions in tax prep fees will be saved, billions will be made in salaried people paying far more in taxes and the self employed and the crafty will wind up paying much less because there will be tons of unreported income that the IRS will not know about. I have clients who make hundreds of thousands of dollars that are never reported to them. They report the income because they know they are supposed to. If it's up the IRS and the reporting system, the system will fail and that will result in one thing.

The IRS will gain access to every aspect of your financial life. The only means of tracking every penny earned will be by monitoring bank accounts, spending habits etc.

link   
reply to post by Maxmars

Exactly what I'm thinking as well. The top 5% will not have their information done at all. It's sad when I actually think that a zombie apocalypse looks good compared to the future that I see coming.

link   

Originally posted by roughycannon

Here too: you file paperwork every year to take legal deductions and get a refund of the "overpayment:".So the govt gets a no interest loan from you every year holding onto your money they are not legally entitled too.

I like it better as it doesn't even seem like you paying taxes cos you dont think about it, same with our shops all items have the tax already included in the price.
"all the better to tax you with my dear";said the wolf."
Its been said if we ever tallied up every tax
and became intimately aware of our tax bill;"heads would roll..."

When I went to America for a holiday I found it strange that the tax gets added on when you are at the checkout, a few times I counted my money out while in the queue only to get the checkout and realise I haven't counted the tax.

Went to Mcdonalds... hamburger $0.99 went to the checkout... "that'll be $1.07"

edit on 7-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-9-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The only people who "manually" pay tax in the UK are people who are self employed.

If I go to Mcdonalds here and the sign says hamburger 0.99p when I go to the till its 0.99p

I prefer having the tax done for me, at the end of each month we get a wage slip that shows us how much we earned before tax it shows how much tax I payed and how much I actually ended up with.

Great system, Ive never filled a tax form in my life I'm 32 now.

Our wage slips look like this.

Wage slip

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

I prefer having the tax done for me, at the end of each month we get a wage slip that shows us how much we earned before tax it shows how much tax I payed and how much I actually ended up with.

Great system, Ive never filled a tax form in my life I'm 32 now.
I get it. We have people like you over here. People who have been imprisoned so long that they cannot even imagine freedom. They will commit another crime just to be sent back. Slaves have it easy. I understand. None of that nasty thinking for yourself or the dirty personal responsibility to deal with. Just do what you are told, when you are told and hope to be left alone. That is all well and good until....

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
We are waiting for this form to arrive in the mail:

line15: donate $1 to the comitee to re-elect the president?"yes or no"
Line16: insert the total amount in u.s.dollars you earned last year through all forms of compensation(wages/tips dividends etc.):
line17:Send it in.
line18: signature of taxpayer/date

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   

same here.

That's kind of a problem. It becomes a hidden tax and you "don't think about it." It's the same way with so-called "corporate taxes." The corporations just increase the price of their goods to cover it. Corporations don't pay taxes; people pay taxes. If you don't know you're paying taxes, you don't know when they go up.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Your title is very misleading. The article clearly says "COULD."
You clearly say "WILL."

I don't agree with the super commitee's potential action at all.
But misleading viewers is bad, and I'm pretty sure Fox News has a patent on it.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost375

That's the article title, so that's what the title of the thread is, as per the breaking alternative news guideline. Don't like the title? Talk to the person who wrote the article.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
After reading the article, I see nothing wrong with this. They already have the information anyways.
The only decent argument against it, that they could make mistakes, is covered in the article as well.
They give you a completed form and let you verify it.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

But you could be the better man and change it.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Ghost375 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Well I dont think the government over here is all that corrupt, yes you get a few bad eggs but its not like we dont know what tax we are paying or how much, its on the wage slips in black and white.

I'm just saying not everything is a conspiracy...

When I was 19 back in the day I got a tax rebate, sometimes the tax is miscalculated and when the inland revenue realise they send you out a check to refund you, being 19 and getting and unexpected check through the door for £400+ was great I couldn't save that up when I was 19 but luckily the government done it for me!

Anyway what I'm getting at is the Pound (£) is extremely strong infact stronger than the dollar:

£1 = $1.59

When I went to America for a holiday the £600 I had magically turned into $950+

If our economy is doing good maybe you American government could take a leaf out the UK's book.

Not trying to cause offence or that just saying.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join