It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do I have going on in my house? Aliens? Demons? Paranoid delusions?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Elbereth

I am supposed to receive a DVD of all the evidence they collected, including EVPs, EMF, and the video from the four infra-red cameras.

are you going to upload it here on ats media ? that would be awesome.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

As soon as I receive and have a chance to review it for any good stuff I embed it on this thread.

Here is a picture capturing three orbs. In this image, the red selection box shows the original position of the face. The green shows the copied face scaled. The blue shows the face scaled and highlighted:
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Well firstly I have to draw attention to the fact that on at least 2 of your pictures that I can tell you are taking pictures of reflections in a mirror and in a tv screen. This doubles you chance of getting inconsistancies in your image due to distortions within the glass, smudges on the surfaces and lowers the amount of light available to the camera to reproduce an image.
Also you seem to be using a standard point and click budget camera, these cameras have much lower quality components than a more professional grade SLR camera and will give you more distortion from poor quality lenses. Then the lower quality image sensor gives a huge amount of noise in low light situations which you mostly see as those redish greensh bluish dots in the dark areas of the photos.
Your images are in jpeg format, this adds yet more noise and artifacting to your images especially visible when you zoom in on a picture.

These are just a few items that affect your image quality and the reliability of your evidence. If you are serious about this then these are some of the very first things you should try to correct.

Personally I don't believe in ghosts or spirits or anything else that cant be rationally explained but I confess to being unnerved in the dark when I'm on my own. A little remnant from when I was a child without the knowledge to separate fact from friction. I also used to personify this fear when I was a child, the bogeyman under my bed, the ghost in my creepy dark closet, the invisible intruder in my house when the floor boards creaked from the central heating. My guess is this is what you are experiencing, imagination is a wonderful thing

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
you have some good pictures there..thank you for posting, Eddie looks quite mantis looking...weird
edit on 7-9-2011 by Genophage because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Your last post looks like Bokeh, its the effect you get where out of focus objects take on the shape of the cameras aperture. Seems like dust on the cameras lens thats out of focus.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Fretless

Good points all. One reason we brought in expert paranormal investigators is because they have much better equipment. The image of three orbs posted above is a picture they took with a $3000 camera. As for this all being the result of an overactive imagination, I truly wish that could seriously be considered, but as one of the people experiencing this situation, I have to say such prosaic explanations had to be discarded long ago by virtue of consistent, relentless and in-your-face nature of this haunting in particular.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
your reaction reminds me of how the catholic church reacted to the theories of Galileo Galilei.

Perhaps so, yet the Catholic Church was wrong, and I am not.

OP, have you taken any EVPs at your house? If so, have any of them sounded like, "Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!!" ?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fretless

Your last post looks like Bokeh, its the effect you get where out of focus objects take on the shape of the cameras aperture. Seems like dust on the cameras lens thats out of focus.

Thanks for your thoughts and for that link. The above picture of the three orbs looks in focus to me, however.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by icepack
your reaction reminds me of how the catholic church reacted to the theories of Galileo Galilei.

Perhaps so, yet the Catholic Church was wrong, and I am not.

OP, have you taken any EVPs at your house? If so, have any of them sounded like, "Ohhhhh Yeahhhhh!!" ?

You mean like Quagmire? "Jiggity, jiggity, jiggity." Seriously, the paranormal investigators took EVPs. I don't know what may have been on them yet. I do know something called out one of their names, just like happened to me when I was alone in the house. One of my sons got an EVP on his cell phone digital recorder in response to the question, "Do you like having the dogs and cats here?" The clear response was "No!"
edit on 7-9-2011 by Elbereth because: tyop/add

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

You read books by authors who themselves use false informational sources.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal

You read books by authors who themselves use false informational sources.

I have only cited Vallee so would you care to provide an example of his using, as you say, "false informational sources," or will you just throw out an uncorroborated accusation?
edit on 7-9-2011 by Elbereth because: add

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   

I see you don't understand how many writers do their work. In this case your referring to a specific author. The author made a handbook or another category of such. This person is probably uneducated and therefore doesn't have the skills to mash up information from a good source. The author is getting bad sources and therefore, spewing out bad information.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Warpthal

I see you don't understand how many writers do their work. In this case your referring to a specific author. The author made a handbook or another category of such. This person is probably uneducated and therefore doesn't have the skills to mash up information from a good source. The author is getting bad sources and therefore, spewing out bad information.

You're (note the contraction, expert writer that you are) right! I really don't know what you are talking about!?! I can't see how your points are relevant to this thread, if you are not specifically attacking the one author I have cited, but are speaking about the craft of writing generally, and pointing out my ignorance of it.

Very weird, but I would like to give you the benefit of the doubt and I do appreciate your taking the time to comment, but please explain again what you are getting at because at this point I don't have a clue.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elbereth
You mean like Quagmire? "Jiggity, jiggity, jiggity."

First, it's giggity, not jiggity.

Second, do you not have a problem with ghosts watching your wife take a shower, or sitting in the corner while you two make love? If not, can I watch sometime? It's the same thing....

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
In most of your images I don't see "Eddie". I do know that our brains are wired to see faces in things, wood grains as an example. I do believe in ghost but I think this is a strech to see something.

Faces Everywhere!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by lilowl53
In most of your images I don't see "Eddie". I do know that our brains are wired to see faces in things, wood grains as an example. I do believe in ghost but I think this is a strech to see something.

Faces Everywhere!

Are you really telling me you can't see a face in this one? By the way, only a few are of Eddie; for example, this image is of James. He is a former deceased owner of this property. People who knew him well have looked at this image and confirmed unequivocally that it is James.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hydroman

Originally posted by Elbereth
You mean like Quagmire? "Jiggity, jiggity, jiggity."

First, it's giggity, not jiggity.

Second, do you not have a problem with ghosts watching your wife take a shower, or sitting in the corner while you two make love? If not, can I watch sometime? It's the same thing....

I should have gone with my first inclination re: Quagmire. And yes, the lack of privacy sucks. That is one reason we are moving at the end of the month and trust me, you wouldn't want to watch....Wait, did you like "Clash of the Titans"?

Another image of James. This time he is staring in from the deck through the patio window on the second floor:

Duplicate image with a blue selection box around James' head:
edit on 7-9-2011 by Elbereth because: typo/add

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Paranoid.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
pareidolia my ass

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

I actually saw a different face.

That may be because of what I saw when I was younger. It looked like that. So, I'm thinking that the condition mentioned here by others may have effected my own perception.

Just like that Bloody Mary test. You go in the bathroom at midnight, say "Bloody Mary" a certain number of times and you see a face in the mirror ? It's your face. You're eyes have just adjusted to the dark.
edit on 7-9-2011 by skepticconwatcher because: spelling error correction.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join