It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do I have going on in my house? Aliens? Demons? Paranoid delusions?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Since reading many of Jaques Vallee's books and digesting his advocacy of the Interdimensional Hypothesis to explain the UFO phenomenon, I have come to agree with Vallee that UFO's may be much more than just "someone else's spacecraft," and that the evidence suggests the UFO phenomenon may often have a paranormal component to it, such as poltergeist activity before and after a sighting. However, I did not anticipate experiencing first hand anything that might give credence to the idea of an intermingling between the UFO phenomenon and the paranormal. Strangely enough, since moving into a seriously haunted house last November, my sons and I and more recently a group of bone-fide paranormal investigators have managed to capture images not only of what appear to be deceased former occupants of the house, but also something even weirder: apparently non-human entities, some of which very much possess stereotypical alien features.

Following are some of the better images of possible aliens:

The face in question is in the blue circle. Note the widely placed eyes tapering down to a very narrow mouth and chin. We call this entity Eddie, because he reminds us of Eddie in the old Munsters sitcom.
Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Eddie again scaled up.

Eddies scaled up and contrast adjusted

Eddie manifesting somewhat differently, or perhaps one of his friends or relatives. Sit back from the screen to see this more clearly.

Does anybody care to speculate on what I have going on in my house? Aliens? Demons? Trickster ghosts? Elementals? Paranoid delusions?
edit on 7-9-2011 by Elbereth because: clarity

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
seriously you believe that picture has a defined image of a face, seems like a bit of a stretch to me

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegoods724
seriously you believe that picture has a defined image of a face, seems like a bit of a stretch to me

Taking pictures of ghosts, if that is what they are, is not like taking a picture of your kids in the Tea Cups at Disneyland. The images are indeed generally subtle, and may require a temporary suspension of disbelief in order to see what is there. Some people are able to grasp what is in these images and some are not. I recommend, if you are willing to not dismiss these images out of hand, to darken the room you are viewing them in, and sit back from the monitor. Please try this and let me know if that approach helped.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Elbereth

What you have is a simple case of Pareidolia. The human brain is hardwired to find familiar patterns/shapes such as human faces. Many people hone the skill when they are young by imagining animals and so on in clouds, faces in knots of wood, bark and stone etc. It's natural and it's not paranormal.

IRM

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

[color=FFD699]Paranoid? [color=BBFFAD]Absolutely, and undoubtedly so.

[color=FFD699]Delusional? [color=BBFFAD]Debatable, but definitely a possibility.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
In the last picture,
I see a lion smoking a pipe.

I knew it!!

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
honestly i dont see faces at all not after sitting back
or staring at them for quite some time
and i can assure u that my disbelief in ghosts has nothing to do with it

edit on 7-9-2011 by icecold7 because: (no reason given)

and these are the better pictures??
could u post some of the not so good ones rofl
edit on 7-9-2011 by icecold7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by icecold7
or staring at them for quit some time

Nonetheless, thanks for taking a look. Here is another image that has the eyes of the last "Eddie" image highlighted. The red selection box shows the original position of the face. The green shows the copied face scaled. The blue shows the face scaled and highlighted.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

What you have is a simple case of Pareidolia. The human brain is hardwired to find familiar patterns/shapes such as human faces. Many people hone the skill when they are young by imagining animals and so on in clouds, faces in knots of wood, bark and stone etc. It's natural and it's not paranormal.

IRM

Yes, as mentioned by infraredman, this appears to be simple pareidolia. If you are truely trying to get to the bottom of something, you must take in all logical and rational explanations to debunk your own stuff...then whatever is left over is of interest.
Will suggest you stop taking photographs and instead go with video or something of the like...photographs can pick up lots of odd effects due to atmospheric conditions, dust, shadows, etc etc etc...take 20 pictures of anything at night with a flash and you can usually see pretty much anything you want to (faces, ghosts, tonka trucks, etc)...a bit like cloud watching.

So, yes...go with things like EVPs, videos (thermal/ultraviolet), and try to get things like movement and other things that cannot be simply debunked by science 101....

You experience lights flickering on and off...you can call it ghosts if you want, but what good will that do when your house burns down due to some faulty wiring that was showing up initially as lights flickering...(aka, check the wiring before calling the ghostbusters).

As far as the concept between aliens and paranormal..well, sort of the old thought that an advanced race would seem mystical and paranormal to primitive people...godlike (or demonlike if your into that)

Anyhow, good luck in your searches...but don't try to look for things, instead, try to debunk things...and you may eventually get to the good stuff.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elbereth

Originally posted by icecold7
or staring at them for quit some time

Nonetheless, thanks for taking a look. Here is another image that has the eyes of the last "Eddie" image highlighted. The red selection box shows the original position of the face. The green shows the copied face scaled. The blue shows the face scaled and highlighted.

This is a good example.
You think you see a face...ok, fine..because your looking for a face
But now look at the pic again. What you clearly are pointing out is a nude man's junk...you can see the head (he is flaccid), the whole kit actually..

cloudwatching...you can get anything you want out of these pictures...and now that I pointed that out, I bet you see that just as, if not more, clearly than the face...

Your purposefully trying to see something, and yep, you will see it.
Apologise for putting that front loading into your head btw...its not a wang, its just some shadows...but maybe that will open your eyes to the brains desire to see familiar objects in otherwise nothing.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I would say those are Elementals. Elementals of shyte, that is.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Hydroman because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by InfaRedMan

IRM

Don't think I haven't considered that, however, when you start seeing the same faces appearing again and again in quite different contexts throughout the house there may be something more than pareidolia occurring.
edit on 7-9-2011 by Elbereth because: clarify

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Yes, as mentioned by infraredman, this appears to be simple pareidolia. If you are truely trying to get to the bottom of something, you must take in all logical and rational explanations to debunk your own stuff...then whatever is left over is of interest.
Will suggest you stop taking photographs and instead go with video or something of the like...photographs can pick up lots of odd effects due to atmospheric conditions, dust, shadows, etc etc etc...take 20 pictures of anything at night with a flash and you can usually see pretty much anything you want to (faces, ghosts, tonka trucks, etc)...a bit like cloud watching.

So, yes...go with things like EVPs, videos (thermal/ultraviolet), and try to get things like movement and other things that cannot be simply debunked by science 101....

You experience lights flickering on and off...you can call it ghosts if you want, but what good will that do when your house burns down due to some faulty wiring that was showing up initially as lights flickering...(aka, check the wiring before calling the ghostbusters).

As far as the concept between aliens and paranormal..well, sort of the old thought that an advanced race would seem mystical and paranormal to primitive people...godlike (or demonlike if your into that)

Anyhow, good luck in your searches...but don't try to look for things, instead, try to debunk things...and you may eventually get to the good stuff.

Living in this house, where many people have experienced paranormal occurrences, I can't dismiss these images as readily as most. Take a look at this strange image.
[URL=http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696/tvfaceleftenhanced2.jpg/]

edit on 7-9-2011 by Elbereth because: fix image

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

when you start seeing the same faces appearing again and again in quite different contexts throughout the house there may be something more than pareidolia occurring.

Not necessarily.
Personally, I don't see any faces, in any of your pictures.

Regardless of whether or not you believe that you are seeing the same face, pareidolia is still the most plausible conclusion, at this time.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think I've figured out who Eddie is.

Kool Aid Man

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
very nice pictures, thanks for posting. if you have more of those, please post them.
i am a believer of the existence of non-human entities.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
very nice pictures, thanks for posting. if you have more of those, please post them.
i am a believer of the existence of non-human entities.
Me too. They are called animals and insects.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrokenCircles
Regardless of whether or not you believe that you are seeing the same face, pareidolia is still the most plausible conclusion, at this time.

I doubt if you would consider it plausible if you were living in this house and had experienced all the classic haunting phenomenon and then some that we have. My wife was physically attacked by one of the entities here, and one of the paranormal investigators was struck in the face. Something is going on here. Are these images capturing an aspect of it? Perhaps not. I will say that the Kool-Aid man is likely not behind it.

This shows the same face as above 16 seconds later:
edit on 7-9-2011 by Elbereth because: add

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
You cannot create what you cannot perceive. And the perception you perceive in your world is what you believe and understand. Things that you don't understand, things you will not see. Some people might see and feel things that you don't because they understand something that you don't.

So basically, there is no wrong or right... there is only the neutral zone. If you get mad at something or someone it is because you don't believe or you don't understand the meaning and the perception of the other person making the comment or whatever.

Namaste

reply to post by InfaRedMan

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I doubt if you would consider it plausible if you were living in this house and had experienced all the classic haunting phenomenon and then some that we have.

Maybe so, maybe not.
You asked for opinions. Opinions are what you have received.

If you take into consideration, the minimal amount of actual details that we have been given, then you will easily be able to see that from my perspective, [color=C9FFD4]pareidolia is still the most plausible conclusion, at this time.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join