It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Metadata Engine And Tagging

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I was thinking that it would be helpful if ATS utilized a metadata engine much like SharePoint does. People could tag threads with relevent information, and of course, this information could fit a taxonomy plan that was defined by ATS to keep searching accurate. You could offer a more advanced search option that could filter by thread author, forum topic, number of flags, etc and it would drastically improve the "discoverability" of the content.

Thoughts?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
People could tag threads with relevent information,

If I remember correctly, when I joined ATS a few years ago it did have tagging of threads.

Then the tags were removed.

I seem to remember thinking or reading (again from distant memory...) that this was due to people entering irrelevant tags (which I think gained them ATS points).

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 7-9-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
That seems vaguely familar, but you can limit the tagging terms used with a taxonomic structure.

Originally posted by IsaacKoi

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
People could tag threads with relevent information,

If I remember correctly, when I joined ATS a few years ago it did have tagging of threads.

Then the tags were removed.

I seem to remember thinking or reading (again from distant memory...) that this was due to people entering irrelevant tags (which I think gained them ATS points).

All the best,

Isaac
edit on 7-9-2011 by IsaacKoi because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Achieving tagging and editor status would have to be managed and proven much like the mod and super mod process.

This is a very exciting idea though. But I think it would need to be funded and not just one more thing for the site owners to do and pay for.

Just my two cents.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Speaking of metadata...I thought you all would love this...I get reports on what I want monthly...my brother uses other predictive models...all for free.

They just sent me a free offer to use a new model for futures...enjoy!

Recorded Future

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by angelchanneller
Achieving tagging and editor status would have to be managed and proven much like the mod and super mod process.

This is a very exciting idea though. But I think it would need to be funded and not just one more thing for the site owners to do and pay for.

Just my two cents.

I think it would pay off in the future. It would be delegated to content editors who approve the tags / reject tags.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Totally my friend! And not only would it pay off in the future, it is the future!

Hence, the link I sent you. Do not get me wrong I do not like the fact, some times, that Recorded Future wants me to be their free editor, but still, it is very exciting to live in the future sometimes.

OP, you are on the right track. If I did not make that clear I apologize.

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I'd personally like to see a filter that screened for duplicate and/or copied threads.... just sayin

posted on Sep, 25 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by explorer14
I'd personally like to see a filter that screened for duplicate and/or copied threads.... just sayin

I'm with you. This would actually help with that by the way, by improving search capabilities.

I have posted quite a few duplicate threads, but I also spent time searching for them.

The caveat is that people don't stick with the name of the article. They rename it, so when you search for it, you won't find it. If it were tagged, this would be nearly eliminated.

posted on Sep, 29 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

I like the way Newsvine works in that regard. When posting a story or link, the database scans and informs you it may have alerady been posted so you can check prior to actually posting.

new topics

top topics

join