It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Milk in a green glass.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by NightSkyeB4Dawn

Great story. This would be a really good short story for younger children with a lesson learned at the end. But its very true how everybody perceives the world different than one another.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
This sounds very much like the holographic universe prinicple.

You really need to read this book, it was recommended to me by someone on ATS. It is extremely thought provoking.

The holographic Universe

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Here is the adult version of the story........

I bar-tended at a little town bar and was always visited by the regulars. I knew exactly what they drank, ate, etc. One day "Joe" came in and I decided to mess with him and entertain myself in the process. I poured him the brand of beer he ALWAYS drinks and set it down in front of him. I let him get a few sips in before asking the simple question "How does it taste?" That little inquiry was enough to set my plan in motion. After several more sips and a few concerned looks, Joe informed me that that was not his brand of beer. I smiled at him and asked him to keep tasting it to be sure. He did and continued to swear to me that I had not poured the right beer for him. I finally told him that is WAS indeed his brand but he still made me pour it out because it didn't taste right. After carefullyt watching me pour the next one he took a sip and smiled. I only smiled back.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
For now we see through a glass, darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.

....as God is God, we will never, never, never, see the sum total..... This is what this verse is speaking of, until we are changed into His image and likeness. It's a bit inconcievable... but I take the bible at its' word.
edit on 7/9/2011 by MarkJS because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying.
like so many things in life.
people accept what they know.
and if it is the slightest different and odd.
it challenges there reality.
older people are the most set in there ways.
you feel safe with what you know.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by KarmicLife

It makes me wonder if maybe we are being tricked everyday with the little things that we don't pay much attention to or we are just trusting that things really are what we are told they are.

If you are told you are being served orange juice, hand squeezed, fresh from the tree, you trust that your are being told the truth and maybe the orange juice seems to taste a bit better. I don't know if there is much harm in the little deceptions but this leads to the obvious question of when does small deceptions cross the line and become something else.

Often we don’t need anyone to do the deed of tricking us. We are experts at deceiving ourselves. We spend tons of money on products that we know in our heart of hearts are worthless. Women used to hold the record on self deception but the men are catching up.

Open those bathroom cabinets and count the number of creams, lotions, shampoos, make-up and cologne that you knew were not going to work as advertised. You knew they were not going to make you younger or slimmer. You knew your hair was not going to grow any faster, that men/women were not going to suddenly find you irresistible and your teeth were not going to blind people when you smiled; but there they sit in your cabinets.

I guess that is what a good advertisement campaign is really about. Selling us products or ideas that we “know” are untrue but we buy into them anyway.

We tell ourselves that no harm was done and there is a bit of excitement attached to trying something new and well, there is hope and the odd chance that it may actually be true this time. I guess we are all Charlie Brown’s to a degree and maybe, just maybe, Lucy will actually allow us to kick the ball. One day.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I found the book for Free !
I am listening to it now. Audio !
Holographic Universe
All ways check if you can find it free.

reply to post by 11I11

edit on 7-9-2011 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

We did something like this at college, and coloured regular dinners for 4 days. We used green, yellow, red and blue (no flavour) food colouring, and almost everyone left all of the blue food on the plate.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MarkJS

I think that we have lost the ability to see as a child sees. I think the older we become the more knowledge and life experiences morph how we perceive the world that we live in.

My niece when she was only four years old, removed from the storage room all of my empty water bottles. She sat in the middle of the floor and placed the bottles around her in a circle. When I asked her what she was doing, she told me she was a princess and she was sitting in her ice castle. Being slow on the uptake that day, I asked her was that what the water bottles were, her castle. She looked at me with such a look of incredulity; then with that tiny almost scolding voice, she said, “Auntie.” “You have to learn how to use your imagination.”

I believe that children approach life believing that they can conquer the impossible. As adults we are too willing to allow the impossible to defeat us.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Idonthaveabeard

Referencing your song analogy, I've always wondered, if you found 5 investigators who knew nothing about 9/11 whatsoever, and sent them to the Pentagon to investigate, based strictly on the evidence, what would they find? Would they really say, "Oh, a jet airliner crashed into it"?

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by CherryV

It shows us just how programmed we really are.

Think about it. It is hard for most of us to wrap our mind around blue chicken or black mashed potatoes. Yet they could be delicious.

Don't even throw olfactory influence into the equation. I have labile parosmia (things don't always smell the way others smell them) and sometimes phantosmia (I smell things that other people don't smell) This has ruined many meals and has hurt a lot of feelings over the years. I am very grateful to the support and understanding of my friends and relatives; they have rescued me from an awkward situation a time or two.

In some situations I think smell can have even a greater effect on what we perceive than vision.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Well thanks for the Story seeing Visual

How About Audio ! what sound like is not what they Seem
Especially if its you first time hearing the song and never seen the written Lyrics

The Famous Monkey cat Song that's actually is Honky Cat

Honky Cat - Elton John (Honky Chateau 1 of 10)

.kissthisguy.com ( An Archive of Misheard Lyrics )
www.kissthisguy.com...

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

That's a great story! Thanks!

“Believe none of what you hear and half of what you see.” - Benjamin Franklin

Peace.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
What a delightfully refreshing post of thinking outside of the box. Thank you for sharing.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   

I just spent a few minutes reading your thread and honestly I wish hadn't. It turned out to be about absolutely nothing.

posted on Sep, 7 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Your anecdote jibes well with the old adage that some people wear "rose-colored glasses..." same concept that is.

I don't know what the opposite of rose colored glasses is, but unfortunately, whatever its called, they're probably the shades I mostly walk this world with...

edit on 7-9-2011 by Threadfall because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Threadfall

I don't know what the opposite of rose colored glasses is, but unfortunately, whatever its called, they're probably the shades I mostly walk this world with...

According to Google, I believe the opposite of rose is green. Sort of serendipitous isn't it. Fear not.What ever colored glasses you may be wearing does not seem to have rendered you blind nor have they blocked your sense of humor or stolen your civility.

If you spend any time viewing the boards her at ATS you will find that no thread escapes the vengeful, wrath of the thread vamps. They flit by post like bats, leaving their droppings of dung, in hopes of contaminating or derailing the threads.

So being guilty of wearing green glasses on occasion still places you leagues above the vamps that are dead in spirit and have nothing more to offer then bitter, acerbic and hateful comments.

You my friend are one of the people that brings much needed light to ATS, so we will not begrudge you your glasses of any color.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
As a wise man once said: Luke, you will find that many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our own point of view.

LOL words that I have taken to heart for many years. Actually most things he said, I found practical application for in my life.

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Oh what a lovely story.... For the mentally retarded! Thats really great that a kid saw a green glass for the 1st time and didn't know that it colours whatevers inside, they learn everyday, we dont need to know! The fact this is on the front page gives me a great suspision that this site is really populated by dolts!

posted on Sep, 8 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I am reminded of a personal story. I was visiting my brother with my two-and-a-half-year-old daughter. My daughter and I were playing on the living room floor with a little matchbox car while my brother was cooking. She was earnestly trying to open the doors to the single mold car. She grew frustrated as I watched on when my brother came in to see what was up. He noticed what she was attempting and began telling her, "honey, the doors don't open. You can't open the doors to that car < repeat two or three times>" and he went back to the kitchen. I looked at my daughter and said, "they should open if you want them too, shouldn't they" and I began helping her open the doors to the car because I chose to believe with her that they could be.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join