It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Survey Results: The 9/11 Attacks & Conspiracies - September, 2011

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+35 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
The results of our most-responded survey are in, and based on the focus of many of the discussions here on ATS, there are more than a few surprises in the numbers. Overall there is clear indication that a great many people are reluctant to agree with many aspects of the official story, however, the margins may not be as wide as many members expected. This is also our first survey that included a minor adjustment to the code that enabled us to track member responses from non-member responses (accuracy should be +/- 4% on the delineation).

Also, I know we said we would release the results later in the week, but with 41,117 respondents (6,302 members and 35,815 non-member guests), and the response-rate slowing today, there's no reason to wait.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
The survey is finally out. I just learned that what I think about what happened in the 9-11 event is also what the majority of posters is thinking.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
hum just what i thought.... I love these polls

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Approx. 30% was suspicious during the attacks because of shock and confusion as the numbers also show.

In spite of the cover up of 9/11 many people got suspicious later on.

Looking at the numbers most now believe there is a cover up and that the government knew something. This just shows that people educate them self to a certain degree.

will take some time to make a complete analysis of this poll if thats even possible, Good to see so many outside ATS also think something is fishy.
edit on 6-9-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

+28 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Results leaning strongly toward a conspiracy on a conspiracy website? Who would have thunk?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
well the one i find most suprising is the pentagon and no large aircraft....it is a strange split between strongly agree and strongly disagree....the rest i find to be what i would most likey suspected....

also the one of the and members diference around non members as to believing in conspiracies prior....some interesting result...good survey.....

edit on 113030p://f15Tuesday by plube because: (no reason given)

NOTE:....I guess NIST is a bust......no suprise there.
edit on 113030p://f17Tuesday by plube because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Six Sigma
Results leaning strongly toward a conspiracy on a conspiracy website? Who would have thunk?

Yeah, but it included "guests". I thought the separation between members and guests was a great idea. The fact that the general population (willing to take a poll on 9/11, granted) polled so closely to ATS members tell you that over half of Americans do not believe in the official story.

I hope we separate and blend future guest results. It really says a lot about how non-conspiracy folks think and how they aren't all that different with their trust.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   
These results are pretty close to what I would expect.

However, the answer to the final question speaks volumes. Few of us believe the "truth movement" is doing a good job. Perhaps because it's a movement with no discernable motion.

"Truth inertia", anyone?

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Results not too surprising to me, except for the question addressing use of 9/11 to wage war outside the context of a conspiracy. I thought for sure it was quite obvious that the attacks were used to justify war and taking away personal privacies, but apparently 1/2 of nonmembers don't agree.

I agree it's nice to get nonmembers' perspective on voting as well, but keep in mind to take it with a grain of salt, as the results are still somewhat skewed as a lot of nonmembers visiting the site are the types of people that likely subscribe to various conspiracy theories, and will not represent the views of the public as a whole.
edit on 6-9-2011 by jburg6 because: to address nonmember voting

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Wow! These results came out better than I expected!!

p.s., thanks for breaking it up between members, guests, and the total of them both. That was great! S&F, man!

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Wow..... 58% believe that explosives brought down the twin towers......kinda shocked by that number. Both visitors and members.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mimir
Approx. 30% was suspicious during the attacks because of shock and confusion as the numbers also show.

In spite of the cover up of 9/11 many people got suspicious later on.

Looking at the numbers almost everyone now believe there is a cover up and that the government knew something.
edit on 6-9-2011 by Mimir because: (no reason given)

Yeah you've probably heard about the how President Bush had received a threat warning from one of the intelligence agencies the month before the attacks that they were coming. European intel had been all over it too. This was just another Pearl Harbor, where the US had clear warning of a coming attack, and even Australian intel had forewarned the US, but the potential to capitalize removed all sense of moral concern. I shouldn't say 'just'. But that''s what it was. I'm still unsure of whether or not the government actually devised the entire scenario and carried it out. Lots of evidence suggests that. But until I hear a clear, uninterpretable admittance from some official who provides hard evidence as well, then I can't fully believe it. Until then, the government allowed it, not underestimated the threat but allowed it, and that is equally as terrible.
edit on 6-9-2011 by asperetty because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
3/4 were not interested in conspiracy until after the events of 9/11............
Thats what alcoholics call a moment of clarity.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Six Sigma

You would be surprised considering the amount of paid trolls lurking around. Normally they would go after polls like this which is why the results were not as I expected them to be, In a way it's a relief, it basically speaks for itself, alot of people are convinced that there is in fact a conspiracy. people are waking up

edit on 6-9-2011 by RisenAngel77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
This was the question I was wanting to know the answer to the most...

I was one of the 73% of the total responses... I had never been interested in conspiracies until I began to look back at 9/11... I think the documentaries did a good job at opening up the doors to alot more stuff that our govt doesnt want us to know... But personally I think theres way too many unanswered questions to ever believe the OS...
edit on 6-9-2011 by morder1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

Yeah, but it included "guests". I thought the separation between members and guests was a great idea. The fact that the general population (willing to take a poll on 9/11, granted) polled so closely to ATS members tell you that over half of Americans do not believe in the official story.

I hope we separate and blend future guest results. It really says a lot about how non-conspiracy folks think and how they aren't all that different with their trust.

Were IP Addressed logged? Could I have logged out an taken it again? How many times could I have taken it as a guest?

Skeptic should know the answers.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by truetrigger
3/4 were not interested in conspiracy until after the events of 9/11............
Thats what alcoholics call a moment of clarity.

This is what i call the most important comment this far and the most important result of this survey,

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Six Sigma
Were IP Addressed logged? Could I have logged out an taken it again? How many times could I have taken it as a guest?

IPs were logged temporarily (now deleted after the tally). Combined with the cookie used, it would take a significant effort to take the survey more than once.

Also, the total displayed is based on unique IPs in the final results.
edit on 6-9-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Thank you S.O it certainly makes interesting reading.
I'm a little surprised at some of the answers.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
When it happened I absolutely did not question it, and was one of those brainwashed by the MSN that al quaeda was behind it.

Until 5 years later in 2006 when I met someone at a bar and told me that the towers were definitely brought down by controlled demolition and talked about more things that did not match the original story. To be honest I did not believe one single word of what he was saying and started to call him crazy.

I went home and out of curiosity started to do some research on the internet and was flabbergasted to read that what he was saying might be true !!! Since then I am a firm believer that 9/11 is an inside job and led me to open my eyes on general conspiracies.

I have talked about it to my father and he too agrees that the government has been involved. Tried with my mom... without success, she only believes what is being said by the media

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join